Mafia Round 2

General Spoon

Ya, but it can easily go in circles. The assumption that they wouldn't kill Hikarusa in order to not look suspicious is already one level of analyzing what the townspeople would assume based on a death. The mafia could simply decide "we should kill whoever accuses a mafia member, so that it looks like we are framing accused people when we are protecting our own"

Hence why I said "Unless the Mafia decided to start their mindgames so early in the game", which I doubt they would.

Are we informed if a murder is attempted but the doc saves?

AFAIK no. Even the Doc himself won't be informed of whether his patient was targeted by a killing role or not. Of course, this all depends on the mod so we should see what he has to say about this.

I really doubt he is mafia; maybe I'm wrong, but hatari probably would not have left if he was a mafia - or even an important position.

Well, Hatari seems to have left the forums entirely so the withdrawal would have happened anyway.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I pointed out before, the bits of flavor text could be clues from the mod to help us identify the Mafia. I don't recall ever playing a Mafia game before where the Mafia get to write the flavor text of the death scene by themselves. It makes perfect sense to me that the mod wrote those as a clue to help us identify the killer. That also explains why he would actually write those little pieces in the OP of this thread whereas most of the other flavor text don't leave the Mafia Updates thread. It strongly suggests that those specific parts of the flavor text are actually relevant to the game, and hence, I can find no other conclusion except that they are clues to help us find the killer.

##Vote: Cap'n Crunch

It makes more sense for I Eat Tables. There's a fucking bite out of the table, for god sakes. Maybe if I killed him, a cereal bowl or some milk would be involved in the kill. But not a bite out of a table.

I'm considering switching my vote to Proto. I'm feeling pretty sure that he's trying to frame me.

Edited by Cap'n Crunch

Dude, I eat tables is dead already and he ain't Mafia. That's why I picked the other food related user: You. It's still related to eating.

And how could I frame you if I had no control over the death scene? Two people have been nightkilled so far and I find it suspicious that both deaths had something to do with food in some way or another. So I voted for you to see how you would respond to it (pressure vote). And well, you seem to be convinced that I am trying to frame you (lolwut?) and voted me back. Nope, I have no intention of removing my vote now.

Dude, I eat tables is dead already and he ain't Mafia. That's why I picked the other food related user: You. It's still related to eating.

And how could I frame you if I had no control over the death scene? Two people have been nightkilled so far and I find it suspicious that both deaths had something to do with food in some way or another. So I voted for you to see how you would respond to it (pressure vote). And well, you seem to be convinced that I am trying to frame you (lolwut?) and voted me back. Nope, I have no intention of removing my vote now.

My name - Cereal based.

First kill - Tossed in an oven. Yeah it's food related but it doesn't have to relate to me. Maybe the Mafia asked Spoon for the person to be killed this way. You have no knowledge (unless you were Mafia) of whether this conversation happened or not.

Second kill - Bite taken out of the table plus a dislocated shoulder. The shoulder is the key. The bite out of the table is the Mafia insulting us. We strung up I Eat Tables wrongly and now the Mafia wants us to know that they think that they're smarter than us. But here's the problem.

"Upon closer inspection, one of Hikarusa's shoulders is popped out of its socket."

He struggled with his killer. Which means he was probably expecting it. Now I'm not changing my vote but I think both you and Reinfleche (the only person who voted for Hika) are working together as Hika knew his death was coming and chances are that he was expecting Reinfleche.

I'm gonna vote for Hero.

Once again we need to lynch somebody, and like someone else already said, advocating a no-lynch is exactly what the mafia would want. Not much else to say. I don't see any better candidates considering most other people are atleast trying to do something.

What are the votes looking at?

WoMC: Ninji

Proto: Cap'n Crunch

Cap'n Crunch: Proto

Emerald Jealousy: Messy Mike

Crysta: Reinfleche

Hero: No vote

Severlan: No vote

Ninji: Hero

CATS: Hero

If Hero wants to stay alive, he's going to have to change his vote.

I'm voting for Hero for the aforementioned reasons. He seems to be forgetting that there's a chance we'll get lucky and lynch a mafia member, and even if we don't, we'll be closer to having real evidence to go on. Advocating against that is either:

A: Not being very good at the game, or

B: Quite Suspicious.

EDIT: Emerald Jealousy, can I asked why you voted for me?

Edited by messy mike

Once again we need to lynch somebody, and like someone else already said, advocating a no-lynch is exactly what the mafia would want.

Once again you're disguising total bullshit as fact, just like in the last round. Unless you have a good idea who the mafia are, at this point in the game it's statistically more likely that you'll lynch an innocent and help the mafia.

But now I think I know enough to cast a vote. I know that CATS is able to analyze things logically, and yet he's repeating this dreck. It seems obvious to me that there's some malicious intent.

As for my own exculpation? You'll see that you've made a mistake if you vote to kill me, and all of you who followed CATS and Ninji will be revealed as either mafiosi or idiots. Just like in the last round.

Edited by Hero

EDIT: Emerald Jealousy, can I asked why you voted for me?

Yeah, and pretty much who questions me; Watch out for the nice ones. Especially if they're too nice.

Gee thanks Crysta. That's so nice of you.

Looking at the evidence so far, it's still not conclusive enough to lynch someone. And don't say "then the mafia will be safe for a whole day" because if the person who we kill ISN'T part of the mafia we'll just be hurting ourselves, which is counter-productive.

I say there should be no lynch today.

@Balcerzak, I've seen him lurk.

This Hero wagon is a bad idea, in my opinion, as only 2 votes were enough to put enough pressure on him to talk. Thus, messy mike and Ether now head toward the top of my list of most likely to be mafia as they add nothing of their own while missing the point that pressure votes are there to make someone talk, not just to randomly kill someone.

That being said, Vote: Balcerzak.

Also, shouldn't there be a no edit rule?

Severlan is completely suspicious. He also voted "no hang", just like his scum buddy Hero. We need to hang him now.

I completely disagree but then again, we're all paranoid. He was planning to break the vote, similar to you. Doesn't that make you guilty too, via your own logic?

In that case. Bal. His tone of voice is slightly creepy. He's too sure that others are Mafia and even if he investigated, there's still the Miller job, which doesn't ensure his position as Mafia.

CATS died? I would have expected the Doctor to protect him after he just bagged a Mafia member but no such luck. Anyway,

##Vote: Cap'n Crunch

You overreacted when I pressure voted you during the last Day Phase. I would NOT expect a normal Townie to vote for anyone that votes for him first, and to be so confident that he was a Mafia member trying to frame him.

Explain.

What's more to say. He's done a pretty decent job putting up a front of innocence, but so far when the chips were down he made the same vote as a fellow mafia. If that's not suspicious, I don't know what is. I would dearly like to hear what he has to say to defend himself too. It's possible he could get me to change my mind, but at the moment, he's catering to the most likely suspect for me.

I completely disagree but then again, we're all paranoid. He was planning to break the vote, similar to you. Doesn't that make you guilty too, via your own logic?

In that case. Bal. His tone of voice is slightly creepy. He's too sure that others are Mafia and even if he investigated, there's still the Miller job, which doesn't ensure his position as Mafia.

I'm too sure that others are Mafia? On the first day I clearly acknowledged I didn't really have a clue, but something needed to happen because if we maintain status quo, we die. On the second day, I was waiting for more info before I was going to cast a vote... that certainly sounds like the actions of somebody who knows just what's going on. I'm well aware of the fact that nobody is above suspicion, so if you're deadset on this, nothing I say will change that.

However, I'm now further interested when I uncover that Severlan's first post was one trying to defend your sorry ass, and now you're doing your damnedest to return the favor and get him out of hot water. Not only that, but you've been extremely defensive every time somebody ever ends up voting for you, and your interactions with Proto have been informative. I'm going to be watching you closely mister...

More than one person refrained from voting. :blink:

There's a distinct difference between abstaining from voting, and voting specifically not to kill anyone. Abstaining can happen for any number of reasons, not enough information, too busy playing Fire Emblem to forget to come and vote, etc. Voting not to kill anyone actively supports the status quo, which is almost always in the mafia's favor. And considering he wouldn't have been the only mafia to exercise this option, and the fact that by the end Hero was so deep in no single vote would save him, I'm not surprised he just left his vote as is.

Severlan. Bal's reasoning is solid.

CATS died? I would have expected the Doctor to protect him after he just bagged a Mafia member but no such luck. Anyway,

Technically, I was the one who threw the first stone. CATS just agreed; he acknowledged that. >_>;