• Noish
    • Dew
    • Claude
    • Fin
    • Ardan
    • Azel
    • Beowolf
    • Levin

Faval's really gonna be the same no matter his father, provided his father is a melee user. (Yeah, Azel and Claude will do their best to screw Faval over to the point where he's needing Ichival rather than doing fine without it.)

As far as Faval goes however, it's Dew, Noce, and Jamuka who help him out.

But as far as Patty's concerned, Holyn (sword inheritance + B swords + Luna), Beowulf and Alec (sword inheritance + pursuit before promotion) would be the best choices for her.

I'm voting Holyn here though.

Edited by LittleAl

Faval's really gonna be the same no matter his father, provided his father is a melee user. (Yeah, Azel and Claude will do their best to screw Faval over to the point where he's needing Ichival rather than doing fine without it.)

As far as Faval goes however, it's Dew, Noce, and Jamuka who help him out.

But as far as Patty's concerned, Holyn (sword inheritance + B swords + Luna), Beowulf and Alec (sword inheritance + pursuit before promotion) would be the best choices for her.

I'm voting Holyn here though.

Well, it's pretty easy to get Dew to purchase the pursuit ring. It's basically between Patty and Leaf for who gets the ring for a while if your other pairings made pursuit. Leaf won't get it to start unless you want to be without it for chapters 4 and 5, and if he doesn't start with it he needs to hit 40000 before he can buy it anyway. I suppose Holyn can probably buy the thing at the end of chapter 5, though. I just like being able to load Patty and Faval and the Bargain ring owner up with multiple rings (at effectively no cost) before going to the arena. It's more important for Patty and whoever has Bargain ring, though, probably.

Dew. At least Patty's growths make up for her base Str/Def. Her Luck is awesome.

That all depends on if you can get Dew to a reasonable level before the end of gen 1. I got him to like level 16 on my last playthrough, so Patty and Faval started one or two points down from their supposed bases (that assume a level 30 Dew) which means in the end I'm not sure how much his high growths helped either of them. Also, his low hp growth makes a big difference between the 80 hp that Faval will get with Holyn as a father and the ~60hp he'll get with Dew. (Maybe 62, but that assumes Dew got to level 30 in gen 1.) And that's a 94% chance of having 80 hp with Holyn as a father. Dew gives just a 63% chance of having at least 62 hp, and that's assuming Faval had a base of 38 hp.

Oh, and Faval!Holyn starts with 46 hp to Faval!Dew's 38. And Holyn will probably be a higher level out of gen 1 unless you are going for the exp rank and need a high level Dew in gen 1.

Lex if you want to make raising Patty easier. If you don't care about Patty, then do whatever you like (someone like Jamka works), as Faval can hardly be ruined.

Azel. Due to Ichival, Faval won't mind the lower STR growth and Patty would prefer to fight those Armors with Wind Sword and no matter what father she gets, it'll be a while before she can do significant damage without Moonlight or Critical so may as well Boost her and target that low stat.

• 2 weeks later...

Dew or Holyn. And I prefer Dew.

Jamka x Brigid = low skill. He has a 70 Hit Ichival, combined with lowish skill, so, meh.

High skill (and lots of other stats) + Bargain for Ichival spamming = Dew is the man. Since he can essentially spam Ichival infinitely, all the other great bows can go over to Lester, which is certainly a plus.