roam PT failure

whase

I had this awesome idea for a PT for Radiant Dawn;

all units must be put on roam, you may only play with your lord.(and maybe thiefs, if they don't collect treasure by themselves)

then I got to chapter 4, where I gained this kind of options, and found out the blue team has no roam option <_<

does anyone know how a roaming character would act? because I don't see a lot of logical movement in the partner's roaming.

I had this awesome idea for a PT for Radiant Dawn;

all units must be put on roam, you may only play with your lord.(and maybe thiefs, if they don't collect treasure by themselves)

then I got to chapter 4, where I gained this kind of options, and found out the blue team has no roam option <_<

does anyone know how a roaming character would act? because I don't see a lot of logical movement in the partner's roaming.

A roaming character would probably act very much like the enemy AI.

You can sort of play it, just go with priority.

1. Heal when below certain percent of health (below 25% iirc)

2. Attack unit that can't attack back

3. Attack unit that will die in first hit

4. Attack unit that will take the most damage

5. Attack unit that will attack back the least damage (basically a tiebreaker of 4)

6. Move towards next group of enemies

Ignore hit percent/avoid. Also move units in the least amount of steps required.

I think that's it.

• 1 month later...

so I've finally started my roam PT.

I've found out this is very easy because you don't need to worry about strategy. and there are no restarts possible when an ally dies (not counting characters needing to survive as goal). the only one I allow myself to not use roam, is the leader of the army (Micaiah for part 1).

deaths:

part 1:

CH.4; Meg

CH.5; Edward, Laura

CH.6A; Leonardo

CH.6B; Nolan

CH.7; Ilyana, Fiona

part 1 ended.

no deaths in part 2.

part 2 ended.

part 3:

CH.1; Rhys, Rolf

CH.3; Haar (stupid thunder sage >.<)

CH.5; Mist, Oscar

CH.6; Zihark

CH.7; Gatrie, Boyd (yeah, thanks BK :sob: )

CH.8; Ulki, Lethe

CH.10; Lyre

CH.11; Marcia

CH.E; Makalov, Danved, Tanith, Kieran

part 3 ended.

part 4:

CH.P; Mordecai (3 cavaliers unpromoted might've been to much I guess), Leanne, Aran (still wondering how he survived this long, lolz lvl 3 halberdier)

CH.1; Rafiel, npc ena(matters?)

CH.2; Kysha, Reyson (dang, goes my last heron), Callil, Astrid, Pelleas (dude, the third last enemy in the chapter crit-killed him, he survived that long! almost promoted~). (whut? Lucia survived? :blink: )

CH.3; dang it, Sanaki keeps on dying. why does she have to be forced? Guess that'll be a job for BEXP~

Skrimir (untransformed while standing next to boss)

CH.4; Vika (aw), Tormod (too bad for his great weapons), Maurim (untransformed, how else), Jill (yeah, her hand axe broke)

CH.5; Geoffrey (first turn, by 4 cats and a tiger lolz)

Endgame in separate post

Edited by whase

• 5 weeks later...

Rally:

Call units to rally around the commander

this way they will only walk towards the commander, they won't attack or anything

Halt

Stop unit movement and cancel orders

the basic for doing nothing

Target

Move units to a target area

and no, they won't attack. only counter

Avoid

Have units avoid contact with enemy forces

just trying to run away from all enemies

Yellow units have Rally replaced by Roam.

And I still wish we had an in-between stage; like "don't move but use that bow/goddamn physic staff please"

I knew Meg would die first :P I'm surprised Astrid, Pelleas and Aran lasted that long

lol Haar

Astrid has bows and canto, that's a nice combo. Pelleas has long-range magic and was speed blessed. Aran was just very lucky I guess.

lol Haar indeed

I hate that Sanaki and Sothe are forced

I wonder when Soren and Volug will die

good luck in endgame

yeah, TBH, I gave a few units a few levels of BEXP. nothing serious, but it gave them more chance to survive. those units were Soren, Mia and Heather (and now also Micaiah and Sanaki). Volug truly has been lucky, though~

now that I am in the endgame, I will have to choose my allies.

I'm choosing the units with the most speed (since they should join the party fastest?)(untransformed for laguz)

here's who I'll take with me (in order of speed):

Heather

Ike

Mia

Stefan

Volke

Nephenee

Shinon

Elincia

Lucia

Soren

Sothe

Sigrun

Sanaki

Micaiah

Ena

Kurthnaga

Deaths:

E1: none (both lucia and Kurthnaga got into danger zones, but they survived)

E2: Sigrun(archer), Soren (Levail, need I say more?), Elincia(archer).

E3: none

E4: none (too easy~)

E5:

"Mother...Forgive me... I...lied...I stole...And this is my punishment..."(Heather)

uhmm, yeah. that's it already. I'll post my top 5 etc. in a new post.

Edited by whase

In endgame can't you just have Tibarn, Cain and Giffca man their way through?

Probably. Cain's a beast no matter how you look at it, Tibarn just has to look out for bow wielders, and Giffca is like Cain but with slightly more RES and SPD.

In endgame can't you just have Tibarn, Cain and Giffca man their way through?

nope, I had to take the units with most speed with me. Laguz untransformed meaning low speed.

nope, I had to take the units with most speed with me. Laguz untransformed meaning low speed.

Laguz transform while on roam. What's the problem? They should move + transform + attack any time there is an enemy within range. They always have full gauge so they'll never untransform and they'll be able to attack on turn 1. If this truly is a "Roam" playthrough then you are allowed to transform them. Why wouldn't you? Lethe and Lyre are perfectly happy to transform in 3-1 if you leave them on Roam.

who is Cain?

short for the lion king (first 4 letters) because it's a pain to try and spell it. Maybe Caineghis? Same reason we shorten the dragon king to "Deg" or "Dheg".