Holy crap, I love Boyd more now. <3

Alright guys, can we not bicker in here? I don't want this thread to get locked. I made it asking if people have seen Boyd do Colossus with a bow and possibly give their opinion about it like I did.

I don't know if I've seen his Colossus Bow animation. I think his critical bow animation was fun enough. Or maybe that was Rolf. There was some small amount of bow twirling. It's pretty fun. Better than just a straight up shot. Or the critical animations in the SNES games for bows where they just pull back on the string for a longer duration and then shoot like normal.

(And I doubt a little bit of arguing is going to get this topic locked. Especially not by me.)

Only Boyd twirls his bows. :P

Rolf and Shinon just twirl the arrows. And that's another thing that makes Boyd awesomely unique as an archer Warrior. :3

I know it wasn't an effenciency arguement, but neither was I bashing her over it, I just stated I dislike when people apply their personal experience and later make a topic about it, she clarified my point before when I said that.

I know it wasn't an effenciency arguement, but neither was I bashing her over it, I just stated I dislike when people apply their personal experience and later make a topic about it, she clarified my point before when I said that.

But the thing is she's just talking about a combat animation.

But then wait, I forget...FE is srs bsns. Continue on.

Except the topic isn't about my personal experience. It's about people telling whether or not they've seen Boyd use Colossus with a bow.

Wait, are you saying that you need to be lucky for boyd to be good? I don't think this is a PEXP topic here.

Anyway, why would you S rank her on swords during endgame? She probably wouldn't be able to get enough uses out of those enemies. It's a lot easier to break bertram's weapons and then S rank her swords on him! Odds are she doesn't even do damage!

I don't think that's a good idea.

Elincia would never kill her own uncle like that

But she doesn't know that's who she's really fighting. xP

Of course, but I just wanted everyone to be well aware of that fact, since I don't want to assume RD knowledge on the PoR board.

And Elincia (or Mist) + Sonic Sword / Runesword = :awesome::awesome::awesome:

If only we had magic swords in RD, Mist would be unstoppable (Elincia has Amiti, so she doesn't really need it).

Of course, but I just wanted everyone to be well aware of that fact, since I don't want to assume RD knowledge on the PoR board.

And Elincia (or Mist) + Sonic Sword / Runesword = :awesome::awesome::awesome:

If only we had magic swords in RD, Mist would be unstoppable (Elincia has Amiti, so she doesn't really need it).

Mist would be far from unstoppable. She starts with 15 AS. Even transfer Mist takes forever to actually double anything worth mentioning. In PoR she promotes with 17.6 spd on average against enemies that mostly have less than 14. In fact, it (mostly) takes promoted enemies and some laguz to have 15+ AS. In chapter 19, 18 AS (which should be easy with minor band usage, and over 50% even without) doubles 4 out of 6 myrms in that chapter. Myrms! The boss and the ravens and two myrms are the only things not doubled. She's not quite a speed demon, but she's pretty fast in PoR. You can see yourself at http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=15227, but really, Mist at promotion in PoR is >>> Mist at base in RD.

20/1 Mist in PoR:

28.5 hp, 9.65 str, 17.5 mag, 9.75 skl, 17.6 spd, 17.4 lck, 7.85 def, 16.6 res.

20/1 Mist in RD:

28 hp, 8 str, 13 mag, 13 skl, 15 spd, 16 lck, 7 def, 16 res.

And keep in mind enemies suck in PoR HM (~chapter 19 or so when she has a chance of promoting) in comparison to RD HM (start of part 3).

Like, massively suck in comparison.

If Mist has +2 mt from supports and hit 10 str at this point, a steel sword forge has 13 mt at max in PoR. She has 25 mt, then, and while it's true she's not great she at least ORKOs a few things and 3HKOs a lot of other things while doubling. Compare that to what she has in 3-P and 3-1 in RD even with transfers? I'd mention the forge thing but Florete > Steel Sword forge since it has the same mt, same crit, the less hit doesn't matter much and it has 2 range. And it's only actually less hit if you stick at least +15 hit on the sword forge.

And since you could have a B Mordy + B Boyd in chapter 19 if you really wanted for the +4 mt she can get, she ORKOs a little more, even.

(The question of whether or not to even give her a forge at that point in PoR is a completely different matter. The point is she has the potential in PoR to be >>> her RD self while level 1 in tier 2. And when she hits B rank? Yeah)

But the thing is she's just talking about a combat animation.

But then wait, I forget...FE is srs bsns. Continue on.

I think you got the wrong person there...the only thing I replied. That does not, by any chance, make it srs bsns. This is a FE site, it's obvious you're going to see most talking about it.

Oh, if only I had the patience to play with animations on. Or put Colossus on Boyd. I remember that Paladins had a really cool Bow critical animation though.

(I think it's a shame that a lot of the critical animations are really boring in this game though. It's generally just them twirling their weapon.)

EDIT: Wait, there's a 'animations on' override button in FE10? I don't think I realised.

Edited by Anouleth

Oh, if only I had the patience to play with animations on. Or put Colossus on Boyd. I remember that Paladins had a really cool Bow critical animation though.

(I think it's a shame that a lot of the critical animations are really boring in this game though. It's generally just them twirling their weapon.)

EDIT: Wait, there's a 'animations on' override button in FE10? I don't think I realised.

Hit 'A' on the Wiimote (I think it's Z on the GC controller) to override the no animations control and display the full animation for that one battle.

It is one of the coolest easter eggs ever. If you combine that with the character-specific animation settings, you can make it so you only see animations for cool characters and intense situations (like a boss fight or something).

It is one of the coolest easter eggs ever. If you combine that with the character-specific animation settings, you can make it so you only see animations for cool characters and intense situations (like a boss fight or something).

Well, the ones I really want to see are the crits and skill activations, which you won't be able to predict ahead of time.

But yeah, it's cool.

That...was...an interesting page to read.

Anyway, yes, Boyd using Colossus is cool with bows - especially since I have a special loathing for Shinon and can't be arsed to raise Rolf, so Boyd ends up being my best bow user.

The brilliant humor of my post, which you failed to grasp, but will likely be passed on for ages to come - to the point where images of my glorious likeness will be placed in the front hallway of every household in the United States - is indicated in the phrase "Odds are she doesn't even do damage!" Elincia w/ amiti (best choice since you get 4 attacks and does not absorb uses) even at level 20/20 will generally have 23 attack power, which is exactly equal to bertram's defense. Thus she will be unable to actually kill him.

I only A-ranked her swords on bertram during my most recent playthrough, but hey.

(The question of whether or not to even give her a forge at that point in PoR is a completely different matter. The point is she has the potential in PoR to be >>> her RD self while level 1 in tier 2. And when she hits B rank? Yeah)

I don't want to quote your entire post narga, but I do want to respond. One edge RD mist has is that she has a nice rigged weapon which 1: she comes with and 2: no one else can use. PoR Mist doesn't have that, though IMO she is the unequivocal best person to use magic swords if you get her B or A in swords. Giving her something similar in RD would help her, though perhaps not a great deal, in that if magic swords existed Mist would probably be the best person to use them providing she makes it into your party.

I personally like Shinon a lot, just not as a unit in PoR. He's no good because you don't get him enough. Oscar is a good bow user too though. If he and Boyd both have bows, they can do an awesome tri attack with Rolf. Yay.

EDIT: BTW Boyd bow w/ colossus is cool anim, but my favorite skill anim is BK lance luna in RD.

The brilliant humor of my post, which you failed to grasp, but will likely be passed on for ages to come - to the point where images of my glorious likeness will be placed in the front hallway of every household in the United States - is indicated in the phrase "Odds are she doesn't even do damage!" Elincia w/ amiti (best choice since you get 4 attacks and does not absorb uses) even at level 20/20 will generally have 23 attack power, which is exactly equal to bertram's defense. Thus she will be unable to actually kill him.

I only A-ranked her swords on bertram during my most recent playthrough, but hey.

I don't want to quote your entire post narga, but I do want to respond. One edge RD mist has is that she has a nice rigged weapon which 1: she comes with and 2: no one else can use. PoR Mist doesn't have that, though IMO she is the unequivocal best person to use magic swords if you get her B or A in swords. Giving her something similar in RD would help her, though perhaps not a great deal, in that if magic swords existed Mist would probably be the best person to use them providing she makes it into your party.

Edited by SeverIan

In FEDS, you can press L (I think) just before a battle to turn the animations off. Not really as cool as being able to turn them ON, but it's there in FEDS, too.

Boyd activating Colossus with a bow was pretty cool compared to the other animations in PoR, and it would be cool to see someone do that in real life, but compared to most FE stuff, it was "meh".

^Dang, we posted at the exact same time. o.o

My favorite skill animation is Aether in either game and Colossus in RD. They just look uber awesome. <3