~~ CRASHGORDON94'S INTERNET BROWSER TIER LIST ~~

Posted at Soul's request.

NOTE: This is based purely on my opinion.

Top Tier:

Google Chrome

High Tier:

IE7

Mid Tier:

IE6

Low tier:

Firefox (Don't you say ONE word! No seriously, don't.)

Safari

Opera

Netscape

Bottom Tier:

Those generic crappy ones, like the ones you find on consoles

Anything text-based

Edited by BMW M3

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll say a lot of words, thanks.

At least make the tier list upside down if you're going to troll. Throwing things in random places is just cruel and unusual.

Fire Fox is generally considered the best internet browser with IE not being all that great, just really common. And Opera is supposed to be pretty damn good (I think it is the best HTML reader) and is especially good for old computers.

That aside, should monkeys use wings to fly or use jet packs?

Screw that. This topic is now about internet browsers and Gio having a hard time against Whitney.

Shut up, man! Rollout is the most evil move in the entire series!

Trully frustrating and annoyin( I am talking about rollout)

Edited by Sask

Oh but you're getting so good at it

Except I'm not, because I'm not a troll. -_-

There will be no derailing, if you wanna talk about flying monkeys or whatever, make your own thread.

I guess I should provide my reasoning:

Chrome: It's just awesome, fast, easy to use, great features, jsut plain awesome! (a shame my Chrome usually doesn't work now for some stupid reason I can't figure out :sob:)

IE7: The next-up, all-around solid with good features and easy use, very underrated. But slightly slow. (Also I happen to be a Microsoft fanboy :mellow:)

IE6: ....Perhaps I was wrong about this, but it's still realtively usable, even if a bit old and lame, so I think it deserves Mid at least. (And see above)

Firefox: Ugh! >_< I really don't Firefox (it's a pet peeve of mine), mostly because of this, I really can't see what's so freaking great about it, and yet people go ON AND ON AND ON AND ON about it! And I don't like Open-source nonsense anyway. (it's also worth noting that even if I liked it, it would still rank under Chrome)

Safari/Opera/Netscape/etc: Never really stood out to me.

Console browsers: I used to browse on my PSP sometimes, BOY was that a pain! And the other console browsers don't sound much better really.

Text-based: .......Do I really have to say? You know, people don't use DOS anymore for a reason, you know, this is the same principle.

And I can't rate IE8, having not tried it.

There ya go, I hope I made my points respectably.

Being popular doesn;t necessarily mean it's bad.

IE is generally slower then Firefox,and Firefox has solid antivirus,etc.

It needs to be above all forms of IE,just because you like something doesn;t mean it gets a free pass.

Being popular doesn;t necessarily mean it's bad.

IE is generally slower then Firefox,and Firefox has solid antivirus,etc.

It needs to be above all forms of IE,just because you like something doesn;t mean it gets a free pass.

I know, IE and Chrome are popular, but they have justified popularity.

Hah, barely I'd say, and having built in antivirus is unecessary if you have your own antivirus, like most (me included do)

...It kinda does, but I'll humor you, IE is ginuinely better, it's very easy to use and solid, sometimes even more so than Chrome.

Firefox is easy to use as well,so that's no point for IE.

Firefox is

-faster

-has superior security(this IS relevant,as computer antivirus can fail,extra layers are always good)

-is more constantly updated,it gets better faster than IE

-Private browsing(obviously useful,even if you yourself don;t approve of some of it's uses)

IE has

-you don;t need to spend a couple minutes to download it

Wow,nice contest.

Firefox >> IE

Gio: Whip out a Pokemon with good defense. Instead of Pidgeotto. Ha ha ha ha ha

Crash: Dood, you can have Firefox themed.

Firefox is easy to use as well,so that's no point for IE.

Firefox is

-faster

-has superior security(this IS relevant,as computer antivirus can fail,extra layers are always good)

-is more constantly updated,it gets better faster than IE

-Private browsing(obviously useful,even if you yourself don;t approve of some of it's uses)

IE has

-you don;t need to spend a couple minutes to download it

Wow,nice contest.

Firefox >> IE

I don't know about private borwsing, so.

Firefox is abrely faster at all, honestly it's so marginal it doesn't even matter.

As for security, it's not as relevant as you say, computer antivirus barely ever fails, otherwise it's a cse of something slipping by your PC antivirus (if it does, the borwser stuff probably won't stop it either) or you simply not having antivirus in the first place (ಠ_ಠ)

IE updates plenty often enough, so that's barely a victory there.

Also, you forgot to metion these good sides of IE:

-Ease of use and simplicity, by a far greater margin than any Firelolx victory.

-Being supported by everything, basically.

-And it's the only browser you're likely to come across in a public place, if it was that awful, they'd replace it.

Crash: Dood, you can have Firefox themed.

That's lame, and doesn't convince me in any way.

Gio: That's your fault. Catch a Drowzee and use Hypnosis, since you have such a hard time with Whitney.

Crash: You can have it themed after Mist. Right now I have it Touhou themed, with Yuyuko.

Edited by Emerald Jealousy

Gio: That's your fault. Catch a Drowzee and use Hypnosis, since you have such a hard time with Whitney.

She's the ONLY one I have a problem with. Namely because of the GODDAMN FLINCHING.

Everything nowadays supports Firefox,and Firefox is easy to use/simple,just as much as IE.

IE isn;t necessarily bad,but most places with public computers have a lot,so they don;t bother to change them.

Firefox is noticably faster,and while it's security isn't always needed,it is helpful,and it is an advantage over IE.

Over all,you haven;t done anything to defend IE > Firefox,just kept repeating comments which are irrelevant/untrue.

You can have it themed after Mist. Right now I have it Touhou themed, with Yuyuko.

I! DON'T! CARE!

That's like saying that the Smart ForTwo is the greatest car the world has ever seen because you can swap around the body panels and have it in all sorts of stupid colors.