Best/Worst in the Series: Round 39

Nominate Best/Worst couple (already there but needs to be done)

Best: Can I choose a class? cause if so I'd say assassin, they have low HP/Def/Res but about a 50% crit rate and 25% chance of instadeath atk even against armours, plus high spd for double atks. But if I have to pick one I'd say Joshua cause he has the highest luck and FE8 lets you stock up on stat boosters.

Worst: umm... Lugh if you bargain his price down XD

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I propose that we have two separate couple catergories: Best/Worst Canon (as in support with paired ending 7-on, Roy and his many women, pretty much every playable in FE4, and legit endings) and Best/Worst Crack pairing.

Best: Can I choose a class? cause if so I'd say assassin, they have low HP/Def/Res but about a 50% crit rate and 25% chance of instadeath atk even against armours, plus high spd for double atks. But if I have to pick one I'd say Joshua cause he has the highest luck and FE8 lets you stock up on stat boosters.

Worst: umm... Lugh if you bargain his price down XD

Don't you mean Hugh?

I propose that we have two separate couple catergories: Best/Worst Canon (as in support with paired ending 7-on, Roy and his many women, pretty much every playable in FE4, and legit endings) and Best/Worst Crack pairing.

I don't know how this would be implemented. Especially because of the fact that several of the possible pairing options (or in FE10's case, the 100% official pairs) ARE downright crack pairings. (Astrid X Makalov, and Hector X Florina to name two crack pairings on the list of possible FE pairs that are also crack pairs.) I don't really know how the pairs would be sorted out because of this. I'm also kinda expecting some votes for "Best/Worst crack pairing" to be thrown out because the crack pairing votes might have been used in "Best/Worst canon pairing" for this very reason.

To concur with Sweets here, then you can list a total of, what, seven "official" parings for PoR/RD? How do we handle Fordes and Kyles who aren't romantically involved with each other yet have a dual ending?

Canon vice crack means nothing, and best couple would get convoluted and horrible fast I think.

To concur with Sweets here, then you can list a total of, what, seven "official" parings for PoR/RD? How do we handle Fordes and Kyles who aren't romantically involved with each other yet have a dual ending?

Canon vice crack means nothing, and best couple would get convoluted and horrible fast I think.

Every pairing you could really care about is represented in the 'official pairings'. Bastian/Lucia, Elincia/Geoffrey, Jill/Haar, Naesala/Leanne, Sothe/Micaiah, Astrid/Makalov and Mist/Boyd. Well, I guess you could claim Ike/Elincia as well, but anything else is in crack pairing territory. The Tellius characters just aren't that romantic.

I'd have liked to have seen a Rafiel/Nailah ending, actually.

I can't see how hard it could possibly be to get everyone to only vote for pairings that gave a romantic ending. Then the crack pairing vote in a different round would specifically be any pairing you can think of that didn't get an ending. Do you have no confidence in posters' abilities to follow a simple rule?

I can't see how hard it could possibly be to get everyone to only vote for pairings that gave a romantic ending. Then the crack pairing vote in a different round would specifically be any pairing you can think of that didn't get an ending. Do you have no confidence in posters' abilities to follow a simple rule?

I just mentioned earlier that several of the FE pairs that give endings ARE downright crack pairings. (Again, to name a few crack pairs that give character endings, Astrid X Makalov, Hector X Florina.) And there's also some other pairs that give endings in which the pair in question isn't necessarily crack, but neither character is romantically involved with the other. (Would Matthew X Serra be a good example of this?)

I just mentioned earlier that several of the FE pairs that give endings ARE downright crack pairings. (Again, to name a few crack pairs that give character endings, Astrid X Makalov, Hector X Florina.)

And the problem is? It doesn't matter about the pairings you think are nuts. I think Geoffrey x Elincia is entirely one-way and the only excuse I can make for me to even think of buying this one is that she did it for political reasons. But it is still official, regardless of my personal feelings on the matter. The really bad official pairings are obviously more likely to end up as "worst" canon pairing, duh. There is a "worst" for a reason. If you think the pairing is stupid or came out of left field, that's why it goes under "worst". I'd expect Astrid x Makalov to be top (bottom?) 3 for worst official pairing.

And there's also some other pairs that give endings in which the pair in question isn't necessarily crack, but neither character is romantically involved with the other. (Would Matthew X Serra be a good example of this?)

As for any pairing that isn't romantic, my post that you quoted already gave a solution. They aren't romantic, therefore they aren't canon (as far as being a "couple" is concerned). If you want to vote for/against Matthew x Serra, that would be under crack pairings.