Best Laguz Unit (minus Royals and Herons)

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which Laguz is the best to use minus the royals?

• Volug
    • Muraim
    • Vika
    • Lethe
    • Mordecai
    • Neluchi
    • Ranulf
    • Kyza
    • Lyrie
    • Janauff
    • Ulki

Definitely not. For one thing, the strongest cards are only 12 mt and never double and can only be used on player phase (when she might need to grass). Also, those strongest cards take up a lot of her inventory if you want to use them for the whole map. Only 5 shots each. Plus she caps at 10, so double that to get 20 mag and she only has 32 mag with Daemon cards. Consider the massive res that enemies have when you can start buying those things.

Really, Ronan Returns.

Yeah Crows are useless. No offense to vika fans!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah... there's always Ena for cards.

Because otherwise she's dead weight.

I hate her.

Right, cause giving +10 hit and +5 str for your units fighting things that many of them 3RKO (the auras, or even the dragons) is totally dead weight.

Now sure, cards are the best she can do to kill the enemy by herself, but at least she does more damage than Kurth (I think so, anyway). 42 magical mt is better than whatever he's packing (42 physical mt. Only better on stuff like bishops).

Right, cause giving +10 hit and +5 str for your units fighting things that many of them 3RKO (the auras, or even the dragons) is totally dead weight.

Now sure, cards are the best she can do to kill the enemy by herself, but at least she does more damage than Kurth (I think so, anyway). 42 magical mt is better than whatever he's packing (42 physical mt. Only better on stuff like bishops).

Well, yes, of course, Blood Tide is awesome - but it's annoying that you have to substitute better offensive units for someone with a good support skill and not much else.

*sigh*

Well, yes, of course, Blood Tide is awesome - but it's annoying that you have to substitute better offensive units for someone with a good support skill and not much else.

*sigh*

We don't really know what the developers would have done with 4-E if Ena and Kurth didn't exist. (In HM, Ena >> Kurth. In other modes, maybe he can win that, but not HM)

Would we have 12 free slots for endgame and keep the 17 total characters? Or would we just have 10 free slots and 15 total characters. Ena doesn't really cost us a better offensive unit. Besides, I'd still rather have my two blood tides than another combat unit. Now, sure, another combat unit lets you attack another Aura and do like 40 more damage total, and Ena may not cause as big an increase. But here's the thing: 40 + 40 + 40 = 120. Dead Aura. 45 + 45 = dead aura. Overkilling an Aura makes no difference. And so with Ena, two units can sometimes do what it would otherwise take 3 to pull off. Any aura she helps against beyond the first dead one is bonus damage over what that extra unit would have been able to do for us.

Naesalea doesn't lead miccy's group during part 4 (unlike tibarn) and he only has S strike. Therefore he is not a royal.

(???lol???)

Skrimir (who isn't in this poll -- I guess he's sortofkindof a royal)

isn't being royal about being a "king" of a country? Neasala is the king of the ravens, so he's a royal. Skrimir only becomes king after the events of RD, and thus isn't in the game. why isn't skrimir in the list?

EDIT: same goes for Giffca (that was his name, right? never used him)

Edited by whase

We don't really know what the developers would have done with 4-E if Ena and Kurth didn't exist. (In HM, Ena >> Kurth. In other modes, maybe he can win that, but not HM)

Would we have 12 free slots for endgame and keep the 17 total characters? Or would we just have 10 free slots and 15 total characters. Ena doesn't really cost us a better offensive unit. Besides, I'd still rather have my two blood tides than another combat unit. Now, sure, another combat unit lets you attack another Aura and do like 40 more damage total, and Ena may not cause as big an increase. But here's the thing: 40 + 40 + 40 = 120. Dead Aura. 45 + 45 = dead aura. Overkilling an Aura makes no difference. And so with Ena, two units can sometimes do what it would otherwise take 3 to pull off. Any aura she helps against beyond the first dead one is bonus damage over what that extra unit would have been able to do for us.

Ena allows some 1-rounds to take place as well. Brave Axe Reavers can one-round an Aura with Blood Tide and White Pool, and generally I give them two Blood Tides so they can 3HKO with better accuracy. Oh, and she boosts mastery activation.

Edited by Anouleth

Ena allows some 1-rounds to take place as well. Brave Axe Reavers can one-round an Aura with Blood Tide and White Pool, and generally I give them two Blood Tides so they can 3HKO with better accuracy. Oh, and she boosts mastery activation.

Well, Boyd and Nolan can actually ORKO with just white tide, but that takes 34 spd and 40 str (and in Nolan's case a Micaiah support, since he is unlikely to have any other A support with +mt at this point in the game.

Of course, the blood tides make it more accurate, and 63 mt would cause 33 per hit which is a 3HKO like you said. Needing 3 of 4 is better than 4 of 4.

I like Elincia and her ability to ORKO with 100% accuracy, though she does need both blood tides and a white pool to pull off the 4HKO with Amiti.

Giffca is like the best Laguz period :mellow:

Even better than Cainiges or however you spell his name.

Plus with a Laguz Gem, it doesn't matter if he has formshift or not.

Scratch that, Giffca is probably the best unit in the game

He's sooo fucking powerful.

Boy, Volug sure is popular :o

I've honestly never used him before, at least beyond part 1.

Foolings! Volug shapes up to be quite amazing even after part 1. (i still love Mordy more though. Hes just so good in both games!)

Foolings! Volug shapes up to be quite amazing even after part 1.

I call this to be a lie, i never get him to be beyond average after part 1.

That's what I was thinking as well, he's always merely decent for me.

Ulki + Mordy = <3

Also, respect to Muarim for not being annihilated in his lolreturn during part 4.

Double edit: Apparently I'm retarded and can't quote people despite using forums before. Argh :(

Edited by Chococoke

I call this to be a lie, i never get him to be beyond average after part 1.

That's what I was thinking as well, he's always merely decent for me.

Ulki + Mordy = <3

Also, respect to Muarim for not being annihilated in his lolreturn during part 4.

Double edit: Apparently I'm retarded and can't quote people despite using forums before. Argh :(

Do you guys remove halfshift for part 3? That might be part of it. Halfshift gives him bad stats for part 3.

Without it, his full shift gives him 49hp and 18 def at base, which makes him more defensive than even a raised Aran.

Also, with s strike (you should get it in 1-E or 1-8 on HM) he'll have 36 mt and 26 attack speed at a time when most of your characters are barely breaking 30 mt and even Zihark probably has 24 spd tops.

Basically, he's your best character in pretty much every way during part 3 (except BK).

Do you guys remove halfshift for part 3? That might be part of it. Halfshift gives him bad stats for part 3.

Without it, his full shift gives him 49hp and 18 def at base, which makes him more defensive than even a raised Aran.

Also, with s strike (you should get it in 1-E or 1-8 on HM) he'll have 36 mt and 26 attack speed at a time when most of your characters are barely breaking 30 mt and even Zihark probably has 24 spd tops.

Basically, he's your best character in pretty much every way during part 3 (except BK).

I don't remove halfshift, but I sure as hell don't use it. I just always treated him as a typical Jeigan during part 1, and by the time I get to part 3, there are better DB options (Tauroneo, Nolan)

Though I am doing another playthrough that I started yesterday. I'll make sure to destroy people with Volug.