Why does MIcaiah never gain speed or HP?

I never had much problem with Micaiah at first.

I thought Micaiah was cool...

She's my favourite Lord.

If that were good excuses I would have said it in the first place, but you know, personal experience means nothing...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that were good excuses I would have said it in the first place, but you know, personal experience means nothing...

I always seem to end up with a really blessed Micaiah - as in, enough speed to never get doubled, and very occasionally double slow stuff.

Still, the doubling isn't why she's good. It's accurate, powerful 2-range, the ability to OHKO Knights and Armours, Sacrifice in Part 1 and healing in Parts 3 and 4. I mean, very few people are doubling in the DB - Leo and Aran don't, Nolan and Jill only do against slow stuff, and Edward needs to be overlevelled. Meanwhile, she still does better damage than all of them, especially with Wrath.

And then Part 3 shows up and she's healing, and she heals all the way into Endgame where she can pick up Fortify and nobody needs to care about durability, thanks to her.

I also get blessed with her, just a while agoo she capped Def & Str at did not even hit lvl 20 unpromoted, her Spd is good as ever(for me).

@NinjaMonkey: Not doubling doesn't make you bad, it actually takes quite a few AS for Nolan to start doubling, Edward can only double axe users early, but forget about him doubling soldiers unless you get his Spd up in a few level-ups. And this is all in NM...can't imagine how worse it gets...

@NinjaMonkey: Not doubling doesn't make you bad, it actually takes quite a few AS for Nolan to start doubling, Edward can only double axe users early, but forget about him doubling soldiers unless you get his Spd up in a few level-ups. And this is all in NM...can't imagine how worse it gets...

Except I'm playing on Easy Mode as you know, so she has no excuse for not doubling.

I personally like Micaiah, to bad she is slow as all hell and cant take a hit to save her life.

If IS is going to make a slow mage then give them good def, if they want to make a speedy mage then I guess could live without the extra def. but to give the mages neither? And the only mage(Tormod) with good speed and def has availiability issues?

I personally like Micaiah, to bad she is slow as all hell and cant take a hit to save her life.

If IS is going to make a slow mage then give them good def, if they want to make a speedy mage then I guess could live without the extra def. but to give the mages neither? And the only mage(Tormod) with good speed and def has availiability issues?

He has magic issues too. Although there are always Spirits Dusts and BEXP for that.

I think it's possible to show that Tormod is Upper-Mid if he rejoined in 3-P. He's certainly better than Soren.

Which would also make plot sense, since it was Tormod/Rafiel/Nailah who told the Laguz Alliance about Begnion's involvement with the Serenes massacre, but instead they just disappear until Part 4.

If a unit isn't doubling on Easy Mode, you know that unit is crap. And guess what Micaiah doesn't do?

So true. Micaiah never doubles. Never. Not unless you pump her full of speedwings in part 4. I find her to be complete crap usually. Sure she can Thanibomb which is cool but thats it. UGH. (Plus Mary Sue is annoying.)

Tormod has magic issues? Lolno. And he comes with an Elfire and can support Muarim.

http://serenesforest.net/fe10/average/tormod.html

His STR growth is higher than his MAG growth. And he's a mage.

When he joins in part 4, he's probably has ~19 MAG. With Elfire, that's 26 ATK. Enemies have around 17 RES. 9 damage. Add a B Muarim. 10 damage.

http://serenesforest.net/fe10/average/tormod.html

His STR growth is higher than his MAG growth. And he's a mage.

When he joins in part 4, he's probably has ~19 MAG. With Elfire, that's 26 ATK. Enemies have around 17 RES. 9 damage. Add a B Muarim. 10 damage.

He'll use Arcfire, but I can't see him being level 10. 5 levels in 3 chapters, when he's fighting unpromoted enemies?

He'll use Arcfire, but I can't see him being level 10. 5 levels in 3 chapters, when he's fighting unpromoted enemies?

Base level Tormod with Arcfire has the same damage output as Level 10 Tormod with Elfire. Huh. I gave him too many levels, and he still deals pitful damage. And I was only mentioning Elfire to show Soul that Tormod does have magic issues with Elfire + Muarim.

Let me correct myself:

When he joins in part 4, he's probably has 17-18 MAG. With Arcfire, that's 26-27 ATK. Enemies have around 17 RES. 9-10 damage. Add a B Muarim. 10-11 damage.

Edited by Krad

He's not exactly worth training unless you either gave him transfers or a bit of favoritism + Paragon in Part 1.

EDIT: There really aren't much benefits to BEXP abusing here when you could only get three stats and the highest growths will always come up first.

Edited by Soul

EDIT: There really aren't much benefits to BEXP abusing here when you could only get three stats and the highest growths will always come up first.

But isn't that what caps are for? She'll cap her Mag, Luk and Res so idiotically fast anyway, using BEXP after that to ensure she gets ups on three of HP, Str, Skl, Spd and Def isn't half bad.

The problem just is, BEXP hardly exist in HM, so you'll likely not be able to fix her Spd and Def there.

No they won't. Even if Micaiah has 0 stats capped, if you reset enough, she'll gain spd. After all, in this setting, anything goes.

Micaiah will gain GREAT Mag, Luck & Res, sure. But what NinjaMonkey is looking for is making her double earlier, it'll be quite difficult seeing as how much Spd enemies grow, it'll take at least thirteen levels for her to cap Mag, there are other stats like HP ,(And maybe) Str & Def she wants.

Or you could save that Seraph Robe from Rafiel and give it to her.

Edited by Soul

Micaiah will gain GREAT Mag, Luck & Res, sure. But what NinjaMonkey is looking for is making her double earlier, it'll be quite difficult seeing as how much Spd enemies grow, it'll take at least thirteen levels for her to cap Mag, there are other stats like HP ,(And maybe) Str & Def she wants.

What do mean 'double earlier'? She doesn't double any enemies at all (apart from those dragons in 4E3, but that's only because they are terminally slow to begin with)!

Chapter 1-9 is fun with a level 20 Micaiah who only has 9 AS.

easy, get her to the south-east and have her be perfectly safe from all attacks while the BK protects her

easy, get her to the south-east and have her be perfectly safe from all attacks while the BK protects her

you'll be suprised by how not true this is,

I finished that chapter with a lvl 1 micaiah (laguz run), I had to constantly move around, or micaiah would have died

Exept there are many enemies with 1-2 and with great accuracy.

That doesn't work, you can't turtle Micaiah. Basically, Pass scroll or Resolve are your best friends for this chapter.