Why does MIcaiah never gain speed or HP?

She's one-rounded by everything, OHKO'd by some, even, and you're claiming she she's reliable in combat.

Soul.

Give up.

Seriously, you aren't good at this.

You're saying it as it were something very serious, it's just better than putting her as a healer.

And besides, most mages are like that, just wait 'til they hit they're Spd cap, at least she has great Mag/Res caps. You could have her rely on some other skills other than Wrath on Part 1.

that doesn't even make sense grammatically, let alone gameplay-wise

I forgot to add "Mag" to that, she grows amazing Mag.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're saying it as it were something very serious, it's just better than putting her as a healer.

No, it isn't.

And besides, most mages are like that, just wait 'til they hit they're Spd cap, at least she has great Mag/Res caps. You could have her rely on some other skills other than Wrath on Part 1.

Like what? Paragon? Discipline? Shade? Cancel?

They're all useless.

I forgot to add "Mag" to that, she grows amazing Mag.

It's still pointless.

In fact, it's probably better for healing than combat.

You could have her rely on some other skills other than Wrath on Part 1.

Beastfoe: Useless in part 1.

Adept: ~10% chance of it activating per round.

Nihil: Not enough capacity, also useless.

Fortune: Same as above.

Cancel: As useful as on Leonardo.

Discipline: Not needed.

Renewal: 1-2 HP per turn. Useless.

Guard: Sothe has no need to remove this thing.

Shade: Maybe, but it's unreliable.

Paragon: She could get it for a few chapters before everyone else promotes.

Resolve: This may actually be useful, she goes from being doubled to not being doubled.

Pass: Why?

Celerity: See Pass.

Howl: lol

Imbue: lol

Savior: She can't rescue anything.

Shriek: lol

Vantage: No base.

Parity: No base.

So yeah, it pretty much either Wrath or Resolve.

EDIT: Too slow.

Edited by Krad

Unless you're using Zihark, try Adept. But this is rather depending on her Spd. Soren has it, and he is considered the best mage in FE10.

Every part of this post is wrong. This is what I'm talking about.

Edited by Ninji

Considering she's very vulnerable either way, having her get attacked is bad. Hence, using sacrifice to get her down to <30% hp is not a bad thing since she's not really significantly more vulnerable. Either way you have to protect her, so you might as well give her a ~50% chance to kill everything she attacks on player phase. She has 1-2 range so there should be plenty of enemies she can attack without facing a counter.

Also, compare 10% Adept to 50% crit. Why give her Adept? Then consider if she actually does Adept she takes two uses of those Thanis. I don't know about everyone else, but I tear through those Thani's quickly enough. Before the game ends I'm usually under 20 remaining on the second Thani. Wrath will only burn 1 use, not 2. Adept may not break the final Thani tome, but it certainly would mean I'd have to be more conservative to ensure I don't run out of Thani uses before 4-E-1.

There really isn't any good reason to give her Adept instead of Thani. Especially since you could give Adept to Sothe or Volug or Zihark and be better off.

Every part of this post is wrong. This is what I'm talking about.

Okay. I just made a mistake over the activation rate of Wrath, I though it was half the user's HP, but it benefits her well seeing as on how Edward could be great with a Wrath + Vantage combo.

Don't take so seriously, it looks like you did. And yes, I know how it could be annoying for someone NOT to understand a point you have explained a few times.

Also, no offense. But notice what you did there?

Considering she's very vulnerable either way, having her get attacked is bad. Hence, using sacrifice to get her down to <30% hp is not a bad thing since she's not really significantly more vulnerable. Either way you have to protect her, so you might as well give her a ~50% chance to kill everything she attacks on player phase. She has 1-2 range so there should be plenty of enemies she can attack without facing a counter.

Also, compare 10% Adept to 50% crit. Why give her Adept? Then consider if she actually does Adept she takes two uses of those Thanis. I don't know about everyone else, but I tear through those Thani's quickly enough. Before the game ends I'm usually under 20 remaining on the second Thani. Wrath will only burn 1 use, not 2. Adept may not break the final Thani tome, but it certainly would mean I'd have to be more conservative to ensure I don't run out of Thani uses before 4-E-1.

There really isn't any good reason to give her Adept instead of Thani. Especially since you could give Adept to Sothe or Volug or Zihark and be better off.

My mistake on Adept...it's useless in Part 1, I was referring later on when her Spd starts kicking in for that activation rate, but yeah, there are many other better candidates that get benefited by the same skill.

Edited by Soul

Beastfoe: Useless in part 1.

Adept: ~10% chance of it activating per round.

Nihil: Not enough capacity, also useless.

Fortune: Same as above.

Cancel: As useful as on Leonardo.

Discipline: Not needed.

Renewal: 1-2 HP per turn. Useless.

Guard: Sothe has no need to remove this thing.

Shade: Maybe, but it's unreliable.

Paragon: She could get it for a few chapters before everyone else promotes.

Resolve: This may actually be useful, she goes from being doubled to not being doubled.

Pass: Why?

Celerity: See Pass.

Howl: lol

Imbue: lol

Savior: She can't rescue anything.

Shriek: lol

Vantage: No base.

Parity: No base.

So yeah, it pretty much either Wrath or Resolve.

EDIT: Too slow.

Micaiah is pretty much the last character to get one of those two skills. She can barely survive one hit, and makes terrible use of those skills. (lol Gromell).

Is "last" the new first? Because I consider her use of Wrath to be better than anyone else's on the team, even Eddie. Even Resolve has an argument for it. You have precious few places to put a 15-cap skill that non-Micaiah 1st tier units can't use.

Edited by Interceptor

Micaiah is pretty much the last character to get one of those two skills. She can barely survive one hit, and makes terrible use of those skills. (lol Gromell).

She can get to Wrath HP by Sacrifice. Then she has about a 50% chance of killing anything on Player Phase. It's not bad on her at all.

She's also one of the few units who can use Resolve before the rest of your army promotes. It can help her slightly, but still Wrath > Resolve on her.

My mistake on Adept...it's useless in Part 1, I was referring later on when her Spd starts kicking in for that activation rate, but yeah, there are many other better candidates that get benefited by the same skill.

Her activation rate is never good with it. At 20/1 in 3-6 she has ~15% chance of activating it, thanks to not doubling, and she's doubled by Cats. At 20/9, in 4-P (Maybe a bit too high) she has 17% of activating Adept, and she still doesn't double, and gets doubled (Slowest paladin has 21 AS).

Moving on, 20/17/1 for 4-E, 22% activation. Again, she doesn't double, and gets doubled if she has 1 less speed point (Slowest general has 25 AS). As you can see, she never gets a reliable activation rate with Adept. As you said, there are many better candidates for it.

EDIT: I'm way too slow.

Edited by Krad

Is "last" the new first? Because I consider her use of Wrath to be better than anyone else's on the team, even Eddie. Even Resolve has an argument for it. You have precious few places to put a 15-cap skill that non-Micaiah 1st tier units can't use.

Yeah, let's take a look at her "competition", shall we?

Edward

If he is doubling and if we can arrange for him to face precisely one enemy, then fine he's decent. Micaiah has less restrictions on her usage of the skill.

Leonardo

shove takes 5 capacity and he has 10 free.

next!

Nolan

See Leo

Laura

See Leo

Sothe*

Needs to be at 10 hp or less while having 14 def (9 res). He's OHKOd by 24 mt (19 magical mt) or more while in wrath hp. Even if you find stuff that does less than 10 damage to him, healing him after that point instantly puts him above wrath hp, and you'd have to heal him nearly every time he doesn't wrath otherwise he's at like 2 hp or something. To make matters worse, if you really want him killing stuff he can ORKO a fair amount in part 1 with just a forged knife and his Micaiah support.

Ilyana*

see Leo

Aran

see Leo

Meg

see Leo

Volug

Finally someone who doesn't suck with it. Still needs to drop to 14 hp or less and only has 13 def. Sure, there isn't a lot in part 1 that has 27mt or more (though there is a fair amount near the end of part 1)

He's still mostly going to be 2RKOd at that health and will thus need healing each time he doesn't wrath. Laura heals 18 hp at base even with a heal staff, so he needs to drop to 4 hp or less and use a herb if he wants to maintain wrath hp. Needless to say, he's more impractical than Micaiah.

Tauroneo*

Who are we kidding? You'd be done the map by the time this guy gets down to wrath hp, and he can ORKO almost everything in his two chapters just fine without wrath.

Jill*

See Leo, except Canto is 10 cap and she only has 5 free.

Zihark*

9 hp or less. Or if the game specifically requires less than 30% rather than 30% or less, he needs 8 hp or less. He also starts with 13 def.

Nearly the same situation as Sothe, only worse, and on top of that Zihark can pick up a brave sword starting in 1-7 and ORKO the rest of part 1 except the final boss.

Fiona

See Jill, plus: it's Fiona!

Tormod*

Needs to be at 10 hp or less and has 12 def.

Now, on the bright side, he has 2 range and you could even stick +crit on a forge for him. On the down side, he doesn't have Sacrifice to easily get down to wrath hp without fear of enemies killing him instead of getting him down there, or him dodging. Also, everything in part 1 that he doubles will die from a fire forge (I think. If not, then maybe one or two armors late in part 1). Which basically means he's not doing any better with wrath than Micaiah since they have about the same chance to crit when it matters, and thus nearly the same chance for wrath to be effective. Except he doesn't need wrath on like three quarters of the enemies so it mostly goes to waste.

Muarim*

He OHKOs almost everything and doubles + 2HKOs those that he doesn't OHKO. Let's be serious here.

Vika

Sadly, she has 15 capacity taken from canto + shove, and thus has only 5 free capacity.

Next!

Nailah

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Rafiel

See Nailah.

Black Knight

See Nailah.

So I ask, where is the competition?

Black Knight can't equip any skills. IIRC, he has six skills locked.

And IF Nailah needed wrath for good offense and IF we could get her down to that little HP, she'd actually be great. 19 HP/ 32 DEF/ 26 RES is amazing. There's no way anything OHKOs, and I doubt if anything even hurts her. Even will Elfire, a mage needs 12 magic to hurt her. They'd need (lol) 30 magic to OHKO her.

Of course, none of that matters since she OHKOs almost everything (if not everything) and she ORKOs absolutely everything. Not to mention getting her down to 19 HP given the whole insane defenses thing...

Okay. I just made a mistake over the activation rate of Wrath, I though it was half the user's HP, but it benefits her well seeing as on how Edward could be great with a Wrath + Vantage combo.

Don't take so seriously, it looks like you did. And yes, I know how it could be annoying for someone NOT to understand a point you have explained a few times.

Also, no offense. But notice what you did there?

Vantage isn't available to Edward until Part 4. Even then, Wrath + Vantage is still possible if Edward is Tier 3 (Pretty sure it works with Tier 2, too, but whatever) even if Micaiah has been using Wrath in Part 1 + 3. Micaiah has staves by this point, anyway, so she probably doesn't even need Wrath.

I'm not taking anything seriously. I'm just trying to prove my point.

Also, you know what I was saying.

Black Knight can't equip any skills. IIRC, he has six skills locked.

He can't, but it's a capacity issue, not a number of skills one. He has shove (5), imbue (15), nihil (20) and eclipse (30), all locked, which takes up his full capacity of 70.

Vantage isn't available to Edward until Part 4. Even then, Wrath + Vantage is still possible if Edward is Tier 3 (Pretty sure it works with Tier 2, too, but whatever) even if Micaiah has been using Wrath in Part 1 + 3. Micaiah has staves by this point, anyway, so she probably doesn't even need Wrath.

I'm not taking anything seriously. I'm just trying to prove my point.

Also, you know what I was saying.

Wrath/Vantage isn't what it used to be. Even at max biorhythm, Vantage only has a 50% proc rate, so I'd be uncomfortable letting Edward be attacked at <30%HP.

Oh, and I quite like Micaiah. She's like Lilina... except useful! And she gets three costumes (I like her Light Sage costume best).

Edited by Anouleth

I never had much problem with Micaiah at first. Her spd took some time, but got to a reasonable level through BEXP. Her HP was bad, but that's what Seraph Robes are for and mages generally don't have good HP growths in the first place.

Then I played Normal Mode. Micaiah didn't double for the whole damn playthrough. Her spd was BEYOND bad.

I guess IS was trying to balance her out or something. She's a MAG and RES beast, but an HP and SPD failure. Unfortunately, they've made sure Micaiah was never more than a Thanibot. It's a shame since a lord shouldn't be that lame.

I never had much problem with Micaiah at first. Her spd took some time, but got to a reasonable level through BEXP. Her HP was bad, but that's what Seraph Robes are for and mages generally don't have good HP growths in the first place.

Then I played Normal Mode. Micaiah didn't double for the whole damn playthrough. Her spd was BEYOND bad.

I guess IS was trying to balance her out or something. She's a MAG and RES beast, but an HP and SPD failure. Unfortunately, they've made sure Micaiah was never more than a Thanibot. It's a shame since a lord shouldn't be that lame.

I thought Micaiah was cool...

She's my favourite Lord.