PoR Low turns

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job. It don't think there will be anything interesting until ch. 16, a long seize chapter. 13-15 seem somewhat straightforward.

I got to chapter 13 and managed to get every enemy killed by the end of Turn 2 Enemy Phase, however the chapter did not end. But, for some reason, after I killed the reinforcements (Turn 7), the chapter ended. Does someone know why the chapter does not end earlier? Is the game pretty much forcing me to watch the Tibarn and co. cutscene? Or is there any other dark reason for it?

I'll probably have to skip to chapter 14, unless someone wants me to record my strat with every enemy dead by the end of Turn 2.

Did you rout the enemies by turn 6? Maybe seeing the Naesala conv. on turn 5 will suffice. If not, 7 turns is the minimum, which you mind as well record.

Edited by Kinata

I could probably make a book with about 313 pages and 17 chapters about how the RNG decided to laugh at me during this chapter. To name a few examples:

-Titania attacked an archer with a Hand Axe. She had about ~85% displayed. She missed twice. I send Kieran to kill the archer, also with a Hand Axe. He has about ~83% displayed. He also misses twice. Ragequit.

-Ike attacked a myrmidon. He has ~96% displayed. He misses.

-The green soldier that fights a myrmidon on the first turn was once double crit'd by that myrm.

-Marcia. She was the main reason I had to restart this chapter so many times. Her hit is just awful.

And probably a few more that I can't remember right now. Lucklily chapter 14 is much easier.

Wow, it sounds like you restarted that battle almost 5% of the amount of times I restarted that battle. I pity you.

I restarted it about 50~60 times, which means that you had to restart it 1000~1200 times. Averaging 4 minutes per restart (Some may take longer, while some may be shorter) it would take ~67 hours to get all those attempts done. Are you sure you aren't slightly exaggerating that number?

Does anyone know what determines the character positions in 17-2, 17-3 and 17-4? Is it controlled by the order of the units (Like in FE3), or is it the position I place them on chapter 17-1?

I restarted it about 50~60 times, which means that you had to restart it 1000~1200 times. Averaging 4 minutes per restart (Some may take longer, while some may be shorter) it would take ~67 hours to get all those attempts done. Are you sure you aren't slightly exaggerating that number?

Does anyone know what determines the character positions in 17-2, 17-3 and 17-4? Is it controlled by the order of the units (Like in FE3), or is it the position I place them on chapter 17-1?

I believe its the order of the units.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a good thing we can't warp staves. They're usually very rigged, and it doesn't take a genius to one-turn chapters by the warp-kill, warp-seize strategy. All we get in this game is a single, 3-use rescue staff, which actually takes skill to use well. Starting in chapter 21, Krad will have to try figure out the best way to use it each chapter.

Rescue staff will be a fun thing to use. Just thinking about trying to one turn Ch 24 gets me excited.

I'm having a little problem with 17-2. I have already figured the starting positions of that chapter (Like Camtech said earlier, it is based on the unit order in the selection screen), but I seem to be lacking shovers.

In order to 2 turn, I need Marcia to move 28 spaces. 22 of those spaces are covered by her movement + Boots, and I can get 4 shoves out of Mordecai, Muarim and Lethe. I can also get a shove out of Brom by giving him a promotion and 2 Statue Frags. However, that still means I'm 1 space short, and so far attempts to shove on turn 2 have been impossible (Marcia is too far away, and there's the swamp).

Does anyone have any ideas about how to get that one extra shove? I'm seriously out of ideas.

You can try shoving Lethe forward so she can shove Marcia. To do this, give both statue frags to Gatrie instead of Brom, and have him shove Marcia on the first turn. On turn 2, Gatrie, Brom, Mordecai, and Muarim can all shove Lethe a total of 5 times (Brom can shove Lethe without frags). Have Lethe equip the demi band when she is shoving Marcia and de-equip it when she is being shoved. When Lethe is moving through the swamp, try to move her through the weeds because she can move through those without movement loss. That might work. And use the bolting to kill any bothersome enemies.

Yay. Now I'm finally getting into the more interesting parts of the game (Reyson and the Rescue staff).

Give me a minute and I'll add an image with the character positions for chapter 17.

EDIT: Here they are.

Edited by Krad

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping due to question.

Does anyone know what triggers the Sword Knights at the top of Chapter 18 to start moving? Because if it's possible to get them to start moving on turn 1 or 2, I can get a 3-turn done. So far, I've only been able to trigger them at the end of turn 3 (The moment where I kill the boss). If it's not possible to get them to move before turn 3, I'll have to settle with a 5 or 6 turn (Raven reinforcements appear at the end of turn 3, and I have to waste the Bolting to get rid of the Ravens from turn 2)

I would try to make one of your units move as far as possible and see if that works. If not, you can try to steal the meteor in the previous chapter.

• 2 weeks later...