PoR Low turns

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Vykan did a really impressive speedrun, and while it technically wasn't aimed at low turncounts iirc, it obviously achieved some pretty impressively low numbers.

I know Vykan did a really impressive speedrun, and while it technically wasn't aimed at low turncounts iirc, it obviously achieved some pretty impressively low numbers.

He did PoR, too? I guess I never noticed. All I saw was his fe10 one.

Cool. Unlike FE10, which I've only played at once, I'll actually be able to help think of suggestions, if necessary.

If you needed a stronger Oscar, you could have replaced his mt with his +10 crit bond with Boyd. Maybe have Oscar rescue Boyd and run to the boss, dropping Boyd right behind him out of the boss' range, and had Ike and Titania clean up after all of the missed enemies.

Edit: Looking closely at your strategy, it could have been slightly changed such that there would have been a 1.25% chance of a 3-turn. In Ike's level up, he needs an increase in str to kill the fighter near the boss. Have Rhys shove Ike instead of healing him, and instead have Ike use a vulnerary on turn 3, moving him into the boss' range. Depending on whether Ike leveled up in skl, he will have a 2% or 3% chance of criticaling the boss. Actually, it's slightly higher than that since he has two chances of critting the boss due to the double attack.

Edited by Kinata

He did PoR, too? I guess I never noticed. All I saw was his fe10 one.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I start to think it might have actually been someone else. I remember Vykan was at least very vocal and supportive towards it, though. It basically ended up being Titania + Ike for the first half of the game and Marcia + Ike for the last half. Very impressive stuff though.

Woot.

I experienced a one second freakout when Boyd missed, but luckily I was still able to get Ike to the boss. This was my only succesful attempt in about 200 tries.

Chapter 3 shouldn't be too hard. It's defeat the boss, and that screams "Titania".

By the way, does Chapter 5 end early if I kill the boss. I never kill him so I don't know.

Thanks. I guess the same goes for chapter 8, right? I know that chapter 13 ends when every enemy is killed, and that chapter 17-3 can't be finished early, so I only need to be clear about chapter 8.

Also,

Amazingly easy.

I know Vykan did a really impressive speedrun

It was SMK/Molotov (normal/hard), actually, and both runs are horribly outdated.

Glad to see this topic finally surfaced. I'm not really that interested in low turning POR since I hate map animations that much, but I'll be glad to follow someone else's progress.

Edit: I'm also happy to see you got a tripod like I recommended. The videos are much more watchable now :)

Edited by Vykan12

Are you going to replay Chapter 3 in a non speed run style so you can recruit Marcia? I don't know if it's possible to do Chapter 3 in two turns while recruiting Marcia, since Ike starts 17 spaces away and even with 2 shoves per turn and max move, he comes up a square short. IIRC, there's no take and drop command, but if there was, I suppose you could pull off some serious rescuing action to get to Marcia.

Are you going to replay Chapter 3 in a non speed run style so you can recruit Marcia? I don't know if it's possible to do Chapter 3 in two turns while recruiting Marcia, since Ike starts 17 spaces away and even with 2 shoves per turn and max move, he comes up a square short. IIRC, there's no take and drop command, but if there was, I suppose you could pull off some serious rescuing action to get to Marcia.

Of course I am (well, did by now). Marcia is one of the most important units in this project, along with Jill, Oscar, Kieran, Titania, Haar, Tanith and Reyson. If you watched the chapter 1 video, you will see that I didn't bother getting the Angelic Robe. Meanwhile, on the chapter 2 video, Ike has it on his inventory, and actually uses it.

I'm also happy to see you got a tripod like I recommended. The videos are much more watchable now

I started searching for one soon after you told me to get one. I did only get one last week, due to every store that I visited had them out of stock. I wasn't aware that February was the "Buy tripods like crazy" season.

Again, easy. Ridiculously overpowered prepromotes for the win. Next one will be chapter 6, and then chapter 9.

Um, 1-turning ch. 4 seems possible. I don't want to tell you how but coughrhyscanshoveshinoncough.

@WMC: Yes those commands are in FE9.

@Interceptor: Are you sure? All of the times I routed chapters 5 and 8, it was on the last turn. Have you actually routed either a turn early?

Edit: Since your strat. for ch. 3 won't work on hard mode, I thought of 2 ideas of what could be done. First, have Titania kill the enemy who drops his hand axe on turn 2. Only give her an axe with a few uses left, so that it breaks when she kills that enemy. She should equip the hand axe in front of the boss.

My other idea is to rescue Shinon with Titania and drop him off at the edge of Havetti's range.

Edited by Kinata

@Interceptor: Are you sure? All of the times I routed chapters 5 and 8, it was on the last turn. Have you actually routed either a turn early?

No, and I didn't say that I did. They are chapters that don't end until they end. Killing the boss doesn't end it early. I've done a scorched-earth of Ch. 8, but even with no enemies on the map the chapter still continues.

Had to make Shinon solo chapter 3 so he could get a STR level up.

@Kinata: I'm not doing a HM version of this. At least, not for now. There are only 2 chapters where I can actually save turns by doing it on HM (Prologue and Final). Every other chapter is slightly longer due to my characters having a lower level, enemies need more ATK to be ORKO'd and all that.

Edited by Krad

Why did you say that you would skip ch. 7?

And I suggest that you boss abuse your characters by the end of ch. 9, the first great ch. for boss abuse due to the boss being on a self-healing square and access to a good number of cheap weapons to use.

Once again, Titania kills everything.

Why did you say that you would skip ch. 7?

And I suggest that you boss abuse your characters by the end of ch. 9, the first great ch. for boss abuse due to the boss being on a self-healing square and access to a good number of cheap weapons to use.

Because chapter 7 needs a trained Gatrie, and I haven't used him at all. After I get to the end of the game, I'll replay it once again to train Gatrie and get chapter 7 done. And I don't think boss abuse will be needed. I'm using very few characters, and I'm swimming in BEXP.

I decided to make sure all your strats were optimal. It is obvious that chapters 1, 3, and 4 are fine. For ch. 2, I considered what would happen if you had a promoted Oscar. He starts 23 spaces away from the boss if you take into account the rock blocking his path, and boss has an attack range of 6, so he would have to travel 17 spaces in 2 turns. He can travel up to 18 spaces, but he has to cross a thicket, which uses up 3 movement for paladins to cross, so he can only travel 16 spaces.

I also checked ch. 6, and I found that if Oscar was promoted, he would fall 5 spaces short.

There are some problems with promoted Oscar by chapter 2 though. I don't have enough weapons to make it possible, since I only have 45 uses of the Iron Lance, and it is bound to break before Oscar promotes. The boss has 40 attacks with the Iron axe, and if I don't counter any of them, it equals 40 EXP + any misses. After both Oscar and the boss run out of weapons, I can no longer get any more EXP. And I don't have enough Vulneraries to heal all the injuries Oscar will get by getting hit 40 times by an axe.

Anyway,

Promoted Oscar + Titania combo is hilarious.

I'm not sure if you misunderstood, but the conclusion of my post was that even if Oscar is promoted, 2-turning ch. 2 is impossible because he falls a square short. So you don't have to worry about promoting him. If you did, you would have to unequip him and make one of the bandits miss him a couple thousand times.

Well, it's pretty obvious that you can't improve those two strats. Pretty simple stuff.

I knew you said that even promoted Oscar make a 2 turn of chapter 2 impossible, I was just saying how crazy it even is to think of a promoted Oscar by chapter 2.

Also this: