RIP OliverxRenning/Sedgar the Hero/Robert of Lenster/Merlinus the Jew/Candlejack

Well, I think there is a rule against mini-modding, and disagreeing with mods on the way they do their jobs does run in line with that.

2. Please avoid minimodding. This entails reminding others of the rules or guidelines, or telling them they've broken them. This is akin to a child tattletailing, and I'm sure you've outgrown that a long time ago.

Indee-

oh shit, did I just break that rule?

Edited by TheEnd

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that because we are not explaining that the rule was broken in the situation where it is actually being broken in an annoying "we are the punitive enforcers of the mod's wrath" way, we'll be OK. Instead, it's in the context of an actual conversation (admittedly a conversation going nowhere) about what people are modded for, and it's also after-the-fact. (the person has already been punished)

Edited by SeverIan

Well, I think there is a rule against mini-modding, and disagreeing with mods on the way they do their jobs does run in line with that.

Ah, I see. Truth be told I can't even remember what got me so uppity about telling the mod how to do his job in the first place.

Edited by El Rey León

Ah, I see. Truth be told I can't even remember what got me so uppity about telling a mod how to do his job in the first place.

Does your warn story give you a clue?

Mine has a thread ID noted down, so.

The most worthwhile thing I was ever warned for was on the "Thany is a..."[GIRL?] thread on gamefaqs. The author was convinced Thany was the cutest little shota ever. I posted prohibited image content to prove otherwise.

BTW my only warn was for a discussion in some dude's intro thread (don't know his name, but at the time he had an avatar of a kind of fat looking dude making some kind of pointing or thumbs up gesture). I think I was telling him he was stupid, and I doubt I was doing it very nicely since Wist described it as "brutally unfriendly" which made me feel pretty bad.

My only issue is that the conversation felt like a jokingly insulting one to me on both sides. From what I remember of his posts they were more troll'ish stupidity than actual stupidity, and I don't think we were taking each other seriously (?).

The warn was added in feb 09 and taken away in oct 09. That's about 6 months, much like TheEnd's warn. I'm guessing that's about the length of the moratorium they put the warns on, if people really care post your own warn receive/clear notices up!

Hahahaha. Yeah, that was Crepe Knight's intro thread, where me and Death decided we would pretend that we had a huge grudge against Crepe Knight, and told him that we would pretend that, and then just went at it. It was pretty awesome.

Oh yeah, I've had tons of warns for all sorts of things. Sadly, my warns for sexism got removed in the time warp. Bawwwwwwwwwwwww

Edited by ZXValaRevan

Hahahaha. Yeah, that was Crepe Knight's intro thread, where me and Death decided we would pretend that we had a huge grudge against Crepe Knight, and told him that we would pretend that, and then just went at it. It was pretty awesome.

neutralemoticontrans.png

When I was a moderator, I intended to remove warns thirty days after they were issued if a warned individual in question didn't receive any more warns in that thirty day expanse of time. There was, however, no automatic decay system. Until I started recording to whom I had issued warnings, some people were inevitably forgotten until they asked for a warn to be removed or a moderator noticed it months later. SeverIan evidently was probably one of those forgotten individuals (sorry about that!). Given I've not been a moderator for probably more than a year, my approach to handling warns obviously can't be assumed representative of how they're approached by the current staff (I don't know if my approach was even consistent with those who were moderators at the same time as me), but I'd be surprised if there isn't currently some kind of time based consideration for warn decay.

As TheEnd suggested, most warns will have a thread ID. In fact, assuming this hasn't been changed, warns (unless they're given for an inappropriate signature or something similarly outside the scope of a single post) are supposed to include both a thread and post ID (I think they might be automatically generated now, but I'm not certain) so that they can be easily referenced by both the staff and the warned member.

Edited by Wist

The most worthwhile thing I was ever warned for was on the "Thany is a..."[GIRL?] thread on gamefaqs. The author was convinced Thany was the cutest little shota ever. I posted prohibited image content to prove otherwise.

Epic.

Oh yeah, I've had tons of warns for all sorts of things. Sadly, my warns for sexism got removed in the time warp. Bawwwwwwwwwwwww

What kind of sexism? (place curious looking emoticon here, I don't see any smileys that effectively express curiosity here)

When I was a moderator, I intended to remove warns thirty days after they were issued if a warned individual in question didn't receive any more warns in that thirty day expanse of time. There was, however, no automatic decay system. Until I started recording to whom I had issued warnings, some people were inevitably forgotten until they asked for a warn to be removed or a moderator noticed it months later. SeverIan evidently was probably one of those forgotten individuals (sorry about that!).

Oh. I thought that a 6 month gap is perfectly reasonably for some offenses, and that being hostile to a new member is one offense that makes sense to be on wait for a while. I had never expected you forgot about me :) You could have come away without revealing any sort of forgetfulness on your part :)

Edited by SeverIan

Oh. I thought that a 6 month gap is perfectly reasonably for some offenses, and that being hostile to a new member is one offense that makes sense to be on wait for a while. I had never expected you forgot about me :) You could have come away without revealing any sort of forgetfulness on your part :)

I understand that some types of offenses would warrant a longer warn period or a higher warn level raise than others, but I don't see any reason why most offenses shouldn't be forgiven with 90 days of good behavior, with certain exceptions, of course.

What kind of sexism? (place curious looking emoticon here, I don't see any smileys that effectively express curiosity here)

I made a topic about women only being good for three things and made other references to the amazingly hilarious song

, and Red Fox deleted the topic and warned me.

Then I created a topic in Questions and Suggestions (back when it was an actual board) complaining about how they let a woman be moderator and how she should be in the kitchen, etc,etc. I was warned and suspended.

I made a topic about women only being good for three things and made other references to the amazingly hilarious song

, and Red Fox deleted the topic and warned me.

Then I created a topic in Questions and Suggestions (back when it was an actual board) complaining about how they let a woman be moderator and how she should be in the kitchen, etc,etc. I was warned and suspended.

You're adorable :)

The warn I got is almost seven months old.

When's it going away?! I hate things that get worse over time!

All I did was post a macro or something outside of FFtF.

The other one I got is from an argument I got into with Shuuda.

I got warned because I was winning :awesome:

The warn I got is almost seven months old.

When's it going away?! I hate things that get worse over time!

All I did was post a macro or something outside of FFtF.

The other one I got is from an argument I got into with Shuuda.

If you have a complaint about a warn a mod gave you, you should take it to an admin, via PM.

I made a topic about women only being good for three things and made other references to the amazingly hilarious song Show Me Your Genitals, and Red Fox deleted the topic and warned me.

........You had it coming.

...not take it out on public to apparently humiliate said mod.

It's going to take more than one post to humiliate Shuuda, and that doesn't interest me anyway.

I'm more interested in figuring out this warn business so I don't get any more surprises, like waking up six months later and noticing the same warn still there <_<

No, you got warned because Shuuda thinks there should be retard bans.

I'm inclined to agree in this case

I'm glad to see this guy banned, actually I expected to see this happen a long time ago. He had it coming, many times over.

I don't understand how the same people who expressed relief at Luminothe's ban can hail OxR as a martyr.

Regardless, this forum's better off for it.

'Bye, Hero!Candlejew of LensterXRenning. At least you had chicken.

Why are you putting my name in there?

No, you got warned because Shuuda thinks there should be retard bans.

I'm inclined to agree in this case

Calling someone on the spot for showing major signs of hypocrisy isn't retarded.

"Retard" isn't the best description to use...

Why not "mortal enemy" or something like that? :mellow: