Astra's Lump of Sprites

AstraLunaSol

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because your sprites suck a bit less than the first one ALS made over an year ago?

Yes.

The center bang on Toona looks really weird. Also the hair on the right side of the head. It transitions from hair to skin weirdly.

I'm late as hell, but holy crap, a GUNDAM, Astra??

Oh, oh, I can answer this!

There was a mech fad on FEND. Everyone was doing robots. ALS did the Freedom, and others like Aeo did the Shining Gundam, TBA did Tekkaman, etc, etc. I did Combattler V XD

So, yeah.

I'm late as hell, but holy crap, a GUNDAM, Astra??

FUCK YEAH...

I should clean that up.

And as Trent said, you missed the Giant Robot fad at FEND :<

KaitoChristmas1.png

Christmas Kaito for FEEF Christmas comp.

Edited by AstraLunaSol

I would also contend that the bend in the Santa Hat seems a bit off. From the experience of wearing one just last night, it tends to fall about as parallel to the body as it can get. I think the reason why the bend seems off is that the hat might be a bit more miniaturized than it needs to be. (Plus, no fur? *shot*)

Edited by Lord Glenn

You guys could be a little more helpful and descriptive, you know. Like answering the following: "Why is Amelia's (subjectively) better?", "What could be done to improve this one?", and so on.

Personally, I can't see anything wrong with the image. Amelia's is nice, yes, but honestly, I'm not sure why y'all are making such a big deal between the two. Heck, it looks like they're not even using the same reference image for the sprites, given the slight angle in Amelia's. Plus, different stylistic approaches and stuff. (Yes, comparison is always subjective, but come on...)

Anyway, if I did potentially see any areas of improvement, Miku's face might be a bit too round, given FE-centered styling and you might consider adding some shading detail to the hair to spice it up a bit.

The bang in the middle of her face needs to be less long, and not go so far down the face, and the pigtails still feel flat to me. I dunno why.

I like Amelia's more because of the hair, and because it looks more like Miku, to me, which they were trying to sprite.

Happy, Josh? ;3

EDIT: after giving it a little zoom, yes, the face is a bit too round.

Edited by seph1212

The bang in the middle of her face needs to be less long, and not go so far down the face, and the pigtails still feel flat to me. I dunno why.

I told you so.

...Miku looks sleepy. She needs a nap. AKA fix those damn eyes. Really.

@Trent: Pillow shading everywhere.

K, back to being dead.

Edited by Amelia

Also, for what it's worth, I can see the trim on her hair really badly. Like, compared to Kaito, the trim on that Miku mug is glaringly obvious. I have no idea how to fix that, and I have no idea if that's even a mistake or not, but oh well.

I told you so.

...Miku looks sleepy. She needs a nap. AKA fix those damn eyes. Really.

...eeeer

Your eyes creep the crap out of me. >_> Like, they aren't shaped FE style, exactly, and they don't reflect Miku's character very well. I told you this already oh well.

Anyway, if I did potentially see any areas of improvement, Miku's face might be a bit too round, given FE-centered styling and you might consider adding some shading detail to the hair to spice it up a bit.

mmkay

Fixed the roundness. No idea about the hair..

The bang in the middle of her face needs to be less long

Different references and crap.

Also, for what it's worth, I can see the trim on her hair really badly. Like, compared to Kaito, the trim on that Miku mug is glaringly obvious. I have no idea how to fix that, and I have no idea if that's even a mistake or not, but oh well.

....er, Trim?

What.

...eeeer

Your eyes creep the crap out of me. >_> Like, they aren't shaped FE style, exactly, and they don't reflect Miku's character very well. I told you this already oh well.

8]

I know. Fixing it, pissed off by it. >:

Edited by Amelia