sunshineYON

33 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of them?

• Delicious
    • Creepy/Hate them
    • Misleading/They make me question my orientation >:(
    • No opinion
    • Fill me in on this topic...

What are your overall impressions when it comes to traps? Why are there so many these days? What role do they play? Discuss.

I personally like them for some odd and sexually perverted, twisted reason.

Here's some traps that can be used for references:

[spoiler=Watarase Jun]jun.jpg

[spoiler=Shidou Mariya]maria5.jpg

[spoiler=Ayasaki Hermione(My personal favorite)]hermione.jpg

[spoiler=Hideyoshi Kinoshita]hideyoshi.jpg

[spoiler=And our FE favorite]____Raven_x_Lucius_____by_Lan_Ishik.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zelos is more of a pretty boy than a trap.

Although I guess he kinda looks like a trap in that pic.

Oh, and hate isn't the word I'd use, but it's the only synonym for dislike I was given.

Edited by s Portsman

What? No Bridget? I am disappoint! :facepalm:

Oh and I went for Misleading/They make me question my orientation...

Thank goodness Vika isn't one...

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Surprisingly, the only one I could remember from an actual anime or manga that I've seen a trap was Hellsing, and I absolutely hate that manga.

I post it for traps' sake, because there's a major problem with his character: The whole nazi thing. It's like "Ooh, delicious trap-" nazi "FUCK you Hellsing, why must you make something so delicious suddenly suck in one move!?"

Bastards...

mil_schroe.png

Als, @Ninja: I think Bridget is so obviously known at this point that posting him would be redundant.

What? No Bridget? I am disappoint! :facepalm:

Oh and I went for Misleading/They make me question my orientation...

Thank goodness Vika isn't one...

Actually I didn't know who Bridget was so I googled, "Bridget Trap"

I'm liking what I'm seeing :drool: ...except some rather disturbing pictures... google images always tend to throw one or two in there.

BridgetGuilty_Gear.jpg

Surprisingly, the only one I could remember from an actual anime or manga that I've seen a trap was Hellsing, and I absolutely hate that manga.

I post it for traps' sake, because there's a major problem with his character: The whole nazi thing. It's like "Ooh, delicious trap-" nazi "FUCK you Hellsing, why must you make something so delicious suddenly suck in one move!?"

Bastards...

mil_schroe.png

Als, @Ninja: I think Bridget is so obviously known at this point that posting him would be redundant.

Haha, that's Schrödinger, same voice actress for Ayasaki (Hermione)Hayate. Lol, I just found him to be insignificant in general, didn't even let the nazi thing bother me...

also, did not know who Bridget was until now :drool:

Actually played Guilty Gear before, but I just kinda assumed he was a girl.

A trap's job well done I guess :mellow:

Edited by Deretsun

also, did not know who Bridget was until now :drool:

Actually played Guilty Gear before, but I just kinda assumed he was a girl.

A trap's job well done I guess :mellow:

My cousin spotted Bridget as a trap right away.

And he was only seven.

So far the only traps I've fallen for are Lucius and Hideyoshi. Lucius being the first I encountered.

I have nothing against them but sometimes you just can't tell whether someone is a boy or girl... Which is the point but still.

I had so much fun telling my friends that Bridget was a boy. :awesome:

My cousin spotted Bridget as a trap right away.

And he was only seven.

Is that even possible? Unless by sheer luck? From the looks of it Bridget's name 100% girl, Bridget's looks is 100% girl, Bridget's demeanor and voice... don't quite remember, haven't played Guilty Gear in a while.

Also, I'm assuming your cousin, if he/she spotted Bridget, he/she would have deemed him a boy, instead of a trap, unless he/she already knew what a trap was :o

Is that even possible? Unless by sheer luck? From the looks of it Bridget's name 100% girl, Bridget's looks is 100% girl, Bridget's demeanor and voice... don't quite remember, haven't played Guilty Gear in a while.

Also, I'm assuming your cousin, if he/she spotted Bridget, he/she would have deemed him a boy, instead of a trap, unless he/she already knew what a trap was :o

I'll give you a play-by-play of how it happened.

*GG character select screen*

Me-*Picks Ky*

Cousin-*looks around character select*

*finds Bridget*

Cousin-"Haha, this boy has a girls name!"

Me-"Wait, you knew that was a boy?"

Cousin-"Yeah, just look at his face."

Edited by Pride

I think they're alright. Depends on the character though. Also your picture of Hideyoshi is actually his sister, Yuuko. Kinoshita has two white hairbands on the front of his hair, like my avatar.

Edited by Piemanmj

I think they're alright. Depends on the character though. Also your picture of Hideyoshi is actually his sister, Yuuko. Kinoshita has two white hairbands on the front of his hair, like my avatar.

OMG really? I just picked up the show (2 episodes in) so I don't know all the nuances of his character vs his sister.

Also, its random but, I noticed that Hideyoshi looks a lot like Rita from Tales of Vesperia. I thought you had her as your avatar for a bit...

I do recall that his portrait in the Arcade mode was rather too oddly feminine in appearance, and noticing he's a man in that picture wasn't incredibly difficult.

Can't recall the picture in the Character Select screen, though, as he said where it happened.

Confusing at first. After the reveal, I don't really care. Of course, I'm usually not paying too much attention anyway, unless it's a guy who turns out to be a girl. If there isn't a reveal... CONFUSING.

I think there's one of these at my school, this incredibly pretty... person. I thought e was a girl at first due to the long hair and fairly neutral clothing, but later on I realized that I really couldn't tell. I'm currently theorizing that e's a pretty guy, but I still really can't tell. Very confusing...

I think there's one of these at my school, this incredibly pretty... person. I thought e was a girl at first due to the long hair and fairly neutral clothing, but later on I realized that I really couldn't tell. I'm currently theorizing that e's a pretty guy, but I still really can't tell. Very confusing...

Hmm... traps in real life, dare I say, is virtually impossible to pull off, unless, I guess if they are before puberty. But part of what defines traps are they're ability to be sexually attractive to the same sex, which kinda rules out the children thing, unless you were a pedo.

In anime, traps are so easy to make because a talented artist can really make things look ambiguous, in terms of a character's sex, in certain cases, like with Jun, can basically make them look like 100% girl and just say that it is a male, and there you go, no dispute, you have a trap.

In real life, there are crossdressers and other weird people like that I guess, though they are just weird. : [

I dunno, it's not that hard to be mistaken for the other gender. I've been mistaken by a guy before (and while I'm tall and do wear somewhat masculine clothes, I'm not really shaped like a boy...) and one of my cousins made a pretty convincing girl (read: prettier than his sister and more likely to get hit on) until he hit 6'.

On a lighter note, I refuse to believe that Marluxia (from Kingdom Hearts) is a guy.