Ilex Forest

Eswandar

So yesterday I was hanging out in Ilex Forest, headbutting trees. I was zoning out while headbutting and when I looked down at my DS, there was a shiny Hoothoot! So I caught it.

And this is where it gets weird. I was walking through Ilex Forest today looking for Oddishes. The first battle is a shiny Oddish.

I find it weird that I found two shinies, two days in a row, in the same place. Is this a huge coincidence? Or are shinies more common in Ilex Forest? Has this happened to anyone else?

I am playing Heart Gold version, by the way.

It's all luck. Your case is no exception. Other than the Red Gyarados, I've met a shiny Linoone in my ruby, and a shiny Geodude in my Pearl in my entire Pokemon career, and I've been playing Pokemon since 1997...

• 2 weeks later...

In my 11 years of Pokemon playing, I've never run into a wild shiny Pokemon. The only exceptions are the Red Gyarados in the Lake of Rage on Gold, Crystal and SoulSilver.

There are wild double battles?

I had a shiny Golbat in Gold and Silver, but I couldn't transfer it to RSE, and the game batteries died. Currently, I only have a Shiny Sandslash.

There are wild double battles?

I had a shiny Golbat in Gold and Silver, but I couldn't transfer it to RSE, and the game batteries died. Currently, I only have a Shiny Sandslash.

In Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, you can get double wild battles when you help a NPC navigate through a certain area. Helping someone through a forest is one thing I remember doing - she had a Chansey. You need to KO one of the Pokemon before you're able to throw a ball to try to catch the other.

I ran into a shiny male nidoran while looking for Rhyhorn in the safari zone.............. it was like "OMGFRIGGINSHINYFEMALELOOKINMALENIDORAN" (I had to rub my eyes cuz i thought it was a female nidoran at first, due to its palette being almost identical)

I threw bait at it cuz i didn't wanna risk throwing a rock and making it run before i caught it.. but it ran away. first. turn.

needless to say i was about ready to throw the DS out the window...

In my whole history of pokemon I've encountered quite a few, mainly in Diamond.

Beofre that I only ever encountered a Wingull in Ruby, a Spinarak in Gold and a Mankey and an Onix in LG

OH i've had a few shinies over the span of a few of the games..

Silver:Ditto, Rattata, hoothoot

Sapphire: Tropius, Marill, Manectric

Pearl: Bidoof :3

Ooh shinies. I caught a Shiny Hariyama in my Ruby version (I was looking for one too, weirdly enough) and a shiny Pichu in Crystal from the egg the daycare gives you. Pichu happens to be my favorite Pokemon so I was pretty happy.

Wow you got lucky.

The only shinies I've found:

Silver: A Beedrill in the bug catching contest that refused to be captured.

Pearl: A Bonsly and Geodude. And we all know of the self-destructing shiny Geodude/Graveler...

Platinum: A Ponyta that showed up while I was training to defeat the first gyn leader.

But really shinies are more a novelty than anything.

I never caught a shiny. Every shiny I saw in the game were my brother's. Shiny Mankey, Marill and Oddish. Lucky bastard >.<