Disarm is hilarious.

I just finished 4-1, right?

Well, I found out that my poor Oscar, who I neglected most thoroughly, can't damage the Generals. He does, however, have Disarm.

It took me well over 30 turns, because I painstakingly Glared at whoever I could, then disarmed them with Oscar and stole their weapons with Heather. Because I COULD. I then promoted Titania on all the helpless enemy Generals.

I love Disarm.

I love disarm as well, but for a different reason.

I give it to heather, let her disarm everyone in enemy phase, and then choose a nice weapon to steal in player phase.

and then repeat the next turn :awesome:

EDIT: 'bad' point is, she'll get so strong she starts killing all enemies. is nice too, but won't give me any shiny new stuff~

EDIT 2: promoting Titania? are you playing hard mode? can't imagine using units that are still second tier in part 4 in easy or normal mode~

Edited by whase

That's pretty cool. I always thought disarm was peculiar in that in weighs the same as cancel but has a better effect. Sure, it will activate around half as often (Disarm is skill/2%, Cancel is Speed%) but the effect is at least twice as good. If you disarm on defense, the enemy's remaining attacks are cancelled for that round (remember it comes on Brom by default) plus his counterattacks will be cancelled the following turn. Not to mention the free stuff you get out of it, as Integrity pointed out.

I always put disarm on Neph, and make her support with Heather. She disarms, and Heather steals. Though this doesn't work later on when Nephenee just kills everything she touches.

But definitely one of my favorite skills, like you said, its quite funny to totally neuter someone with steal after a disarm.

Corrosion is pretty funny too. Though it was like useless in PoR

Corrosion is pretty funny too. Though it was like useless in PoR

Wait, Corrosion works in RD? I just assumed it was broken here too >>

Wait, Corrosion works in RD? I just assumed it was broken here too >>

Corrosion reduces your enemy's weapon by your level, which almost always downright destroy the enemy's weapon, effectively neutering him. Corrosion is basically disarm, except you don't get any weapons out of it...

Corrosion reduces your enemy's weapon by your level, which almost always downright destroy the enemy's weapon, effectively neutering him. Corrosion is basically disarm, except you don't get any weapons out of it...

I know how it "works" - I just, as I said, assumed it was broken like it is in PoR and didn't work. Nifty.

Why don't you guys use bronze and iron weapons when ever you start to kill all enemies. It leaves the enemy with few hp and gives you the oppurtinity to steal after disarm.

Why don't you guys use bronze and iron weapons when ever you start to kill all enemies. It leaves the enemy with few hp and gives you the oppurtinity to steal after disarm.

Because I use Iron weapons almost all the time in all the FEs anyway.

And you still kill them? i really need to play FE again, well how about you guys make a forge with less might?

I think the only game I ever really graduated to using even Steel weapons exclusively is RD, and I'll often stock Boyd/Neph with Iron Poleaxes/Greatlances. Everybody else is still stuck using Fire, Light, and Iron Bows usually.

I know how it "works" - I just, as I said, assumed it was broken like it is in PoR and didn't work. Nifty.

The difference between them is what makes the PoR one "broken" and the RD one not. I think the PoR one didn't decrease it by your level, but a set number like 5 or something, which is what essentially made it useless. It wasn't broken, per se.

The difference between them is what makes the PoR one "broken" and the RD one not. I think the PoR one didn't decrease it by your level, but a set number like 5 or something, which is what essentially made it useless. It wasn't broken, per se.

...oh. I thought the PoR one had literally no effect due to programming errors/whatever.

Goes to show how much I cared. :P

Some of us used to think that Disarm + stealing is how to get extra monies for the GMs, Shinon + Bowgun + Disarm used to be a pretty popular combo.

Yep, I usually even added Flourish to that combination in case I was afraid of a random crit. Nowadays I'll just equip Disarm because it's there, not because it's needed. It's still nice to have the opportunity to steal some random cool weapon.

Look around on the FE9 board. Someone tested, and it didn't do anything at all.

:mellow: Really? Hmm, I could have sworn it at least worked, despite its uselessness. Meh, haven't played it recently and its really trivial, so whatever.

Sometimes Corrode doesn't work in FE9. When it does, the enemy loses 7 uses. It only works normally in the hands of that enemy Seeker.

Edited by Kinata

Which you shouldn't use by enemies with spoils having to eye on their status' on their status screens for this.