Pronounciations of RD names

Volke is also pronounced German for me, so it's rather more like Folk, but still halfway Volk. The German V is a silly thing.

Wouldn't it be "Wolk"? I'm basing this on the joke that Volkswagon in German is "Wolksvagon" and not actual facts which I feel I should point out because it's not obvious enough.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't it be "Wolk"? I'm basing this on the joke that Volkswagon in German is "Wolksvagon" and not actual facts which I feel I should point out because it's not obvious enough.

Funny, but no. The German V is pronounced somewhere between our V and our F.

I've always thought that "Greil" was pronounced like something that rhymes with "trial". It sounded more badass to me. Was kinda disappointed when I learned it was pronounced like "Gray'l"

Lyre, Lyre, pants of fire. How many times have you heard that?

Haar is a Dutch word meaning... "hair". How ironic would it be if he was totally bald.

Sothe always confused me... At first I read it as "Sah-teh" and then "Soth", even "Soh-teh"...

Geoffrey also went funny. "GEO-free"

Then there's Deghinsea, at first pronouncing it as "Deh-jin-see" and then the narrator comes in and I thought he said something like "DID INT see ya"

Ooh, then there's Lethe! "Let-hee" or... "Let-eh" um... "Leeth"?

Not even "Mordesai" was spared from my pronunciation mishaps.

But I think the absolute worst was "Da-eh-een"