What is so "efficient" about supports?

Ansem

You have to wait for 30 turns to get a c support

And i here that some characters have better supports then others

I know that people are not going to wait 30 turns for a support when you have to complete a chapter within 15 turns

They aren't efficient in the GBA titles at all. Honestly I do it for the convos. For a ranked run, you're pretty much limited to who they can gain support levels with the fastest. And since they have to stand next to each other for that to happen, that messes with your strategy a bit.

The 9/10 model is more efficient and should be the the style all future supports follow for the rest of the series.

Edited by Le Roi Lion

You have to wait for 30 turns to get a c support

And i here that some characters have better supports then others

I know that people are not going to wait 30 turns for a support when you have to complete a chapter within 15 turns

I hacked my FE7 and FE8 so that supports happened after just a few turns of standing by each other. That's more realistic, and doesn't threaten battle strategy.

10 has the nearest to perfect support model, IMO. 9 was a little odd since it counted nothing but chapters deployed, where 10 gives you bonuses for actually, y'know, supporting via heals and rescuing and whatnot.

But yeah, the GBA support system is funny. My first FE8 run I had A supports everywhere because I'd enter the Tower just to grind supports and retreat. It was awesome.

I really liked FE9 supports. you didn't have to have units adjacent to each other for a ridiculous number of turns, but still got the conversations. It really makes more logical sense for units to talk at base than during combat anyway.

I really liked FE9 supports. you didn't have to have units adjacent to each other for a ridiculous number of turns, but still got the conversations. It really makes more logical sense for units to talk at base than during combat anyway.

Slightly off topic, but I also find the FE11 (and presumably other games as well) logic of buying weapons in the middle of the battle to be illogical, but that may be more an issue of having really only spent time with FE9 and 10.

Back on topic, I think that FE10 support growth format is better, but I'd also like the FE9 style (i.e. longer and more specific) support conversations. Then again, who doesn't???

Back on topic, I think that FE10 support growth format is better, but I'd also like the FE9 style (i.e. longer and more specific) support conversations. Then again, who doesn't???

I want a compromise. Let me support anybody, but trigger special conversations for specific pairs and give me grab-bag responses for the rest. So maybe me? I think that's the closest you're gonna get to a disagreement. :P

I want a compromise. Let me support anybody, but trigger special conversations for specific pairs and give me grab-bag responses for the rest. So maybe me? I think that's the closest you're gonna get to a disagreement. :P

I can go with that as well.

Yeah I do agree it is a bitch to have units support each other in the GBA games. It's even somewhat a bitch to have units fall in love with each other in FE4 especially with pairings like LexXAira(Mounted with non-mounted) or BeowulfxLachesis(Lachesis doesn't get a pony until 20) if you're clearing as quick as possible.

I did like FE9's way of supports, although it was rather awkward only having to deploy them, I don't mind having units standing adjacent or shoving as long as the turns required isn't obscene such as the GBA supports.

I'd have to agree that FE10's got the best, though I wish the full convos were implimented to go along with it (just for specific character to character, those supporting outside the specific list would do the generic howdoyado thing). Frankly though, GBA style would work better, but the problem is that the supports don't assume enough speed to go with it. Some by the tie they would hit C, the game is near over, and for the most part lategame units were shafted support-wise. This left only speciifc people able to get supports, and it is nice as with RD you get the next level about 1-2 chapters after you start one, but then again, GBA games weren't on as tight a time schedule as RD was, due to the parts system.

...Just my thoughts ;;>>

FE9 was best. I wouldn't have minded GBA system had they just needed to stay within three squares. Then I can have the Christmas Brigade kill one guy in melee together while building up their supports.

See, this is why I've only had ONE character ever get an A.

Eh, I think you people might be exaggerating the lengthy supports. They take a while, but you can make a conscious effort to put certain units near each other. Unless you're in FE6, or Serra, you have a decent shot at getting something.

Let's practice dancing while in the middle of the battlefield, child.

Slightly off topic, but I also find the FE11 (and presumably other games as well) logic of buying weapons in the middle of the battle to be illogical, but that may be more an issue of having really only spent time with FE9 and 10.

May I direct specifically to FE6 and 7?

Since FE8 was my first game in the series, I was shocked when I realized that I had to buy weapons during the actual chapter and not after. Then again, I don't mind it because it comes down to a shitload of thinking "Do I actually need this? Maybe I'm spending too much on these weapons..." because you can't check what the guys that aren't in the battle are holding.

Back on topic: I'm all for the FE9 supports but I also like the FE4 love system (standing beside the unit gets you extra points but you still get points every turn for just being in the battle).

i dont think most of us are going to live to see fe91

hell i don't think they'll get that far

we already saw FE9/11

never forget

Eh, I think you people might be exaggerating the lengthy supports. They take a while, but you can make a conscious effort to put certain units near each other. Unless you're in FE6, or Serra, you have a decent shot at getting something.

While this is true, I don't think that people are gonna wait around just for a lengthy support between a pair like a grounded unit and a mounted unit who isn't a healer

With that quote aside: And as for my input for some fast-building supports, there's the instance where a unit joins your group and has a fast support with one of the units already in your group, but chances are that the person joining isn't gonna be able to use that support (s)he has with one of the units already in the group because of the high possibility of the said unit having his/her support slots already filled up.