Lord Glenn's Mausoleum

Lord Glenn

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Josh. Whoa. That battle template... It's, honestly, the most impressive one I've seen from you yet @~@

I hope to god that it can be inserted, because that would look immaculate.

You know, as much as I love the fleshed out Version 2 template, with the shields and towers, I do have to agree that this one seems more Fire Emblem fitting than it does. I think I went for too much detail in the previous version, where this one's a bit more simple and clean.

And, I kinda do too, because that means that I won't have to tweak it to fit, and that it'll go in as I intended it to...

^^

Crap, how do you make these things!? Teach me please O_O

I'd say this one actually had less completely custom work than the other two did (as the others had the towers, flags, and shields). Since Yeti suggested that I tie the battle template and statsheet together more, I used the name box from the statsheet for the name boxes on here (with the trim above and below being custom, as well as the pattern on the box, as I dramatically tweaked it from the side patterns in the statsheet). The gold trimming at the top and bottom of the class/level/etc. pane was used and cropped for the silver fancy trim at the bottom of the outside of the name box. To get the circles to be so perfect, I cheated a bit and switched from a 1-px Square brush to a larger-px Circle brush and then turned the outer two pixels of radius into the silver trim. The "holding" trim on the left and right was scratch which I just had to play around with for a while to get something that looked right. The knot was custom and referenced from the image that I linked to above. The borders of the HP boxes are taken from the side trim for the circles with the top and bottom pieces just added in by hand. The pattern was again taken from the side patterns around the portrait from the statsheet, only less modified this time. And, the angel was mostly custom, though I used the circle trick to get the basic idea for what shape I wanted the wings to have.

All in all though, it's really more a matter of either kind of having an idea of what you want the template to look like and/or just trying a bunch of things until you find something you like and stick with it. Do that for each piece that's required, and you're good to go. :]

Indeed it is (or at least that's what the filename and Google tell me), as was the much less awesome one I tried a couple of pages back or so. Celtic knots/symbols/designs tend to look cool and instead of doing a "starburst" type of pattern as I did in V.1 with the circles, I wanted to do something similar to like what FE10 had done for the circles behind the HP numbers when in battle. However, without rips and with only screenshots or what I could get a brief glimpse of on my TV, I just kinda went with a "Oh, there's a design on it. What could I use for a design? Oh, Celtic knots tend to be intricate. I'll use one of them." process.

Ahh, neato...celtic stuff is awesome. Final version looks great too.

• 2 weeks later...

ElibianNights-v2.png

New icons for Elibian Nights. Not going to spoil what they are (well, the first two should be obvious, but not telling for the others..!), so you'll have to play the hack to see for yourself! :D

Edit, no (at least not without good reason and my approval - or for demonstration in the case of something like suggesting a shading fix), and for usage it depends on what it is. Some of the older icons that I posted back on the first page I might consider being allowed to be used, but stuff like my maps or the icons for seph1212's hack (etc.) would be a large no, since I've generally made them specifically for certain things.

I'm assuming you had something in particular that you were wondering about?

Edited by Lord Glenn

Edit no (at least not without good reason and my approval - or for demonstration in the case of something like suggesting a shading fix), and for usage it depends on what it is. Some of the older icons that I posted back on the first page I might consider being allowed to be used, but stuff like my maps or the icons for seph1212's hack (etc.) would be a large no, since I've generally made them specifically for certain things.

I'm assuming you had something in particular that you were wondering about?

it was mainly that zabuza sword because everything I would make custom because editing weapon icons are pretty easy and plus I probably wouldn't use your more recent ones

I had to look up what it was you were actually talking about for a minute. XD

Anyway, go ahead and use that one. It was originally for a project that died like 2-3 years ago and it's just been sitting around. Just toss a quick mention somewhere in the README/Instructions/whatever, and we're good.

I had to look up what it was you were actually talking about for a minute. XD

Anyway, go ahead and use that one. It was originally for a project that died like 2-3 years ago and it's just been sitting around. Just toss a quick mention somewhere in the README/Instructions/whatever, and we're good.

ok thank you very much

• 2 weeks later...

LG_MapContest1.png

Map for the first round of the Mapping Contest. Nothing special, especially since I cranked it out in like an hour. (Requirements: 15 x 10 tile map, using FE8's 01 02 03 tileset and containing a mountain trail or castle.)

• 5 weeks later...

FE4R_NewIcons_Jan21.png

(Gloves, Gauntlets, Mage Masher, Ancient Sword, Defender, Iron Bow, Steel Bow, Silver Bow, Platinum Sword)

New icons for FE4R. Not added to the main sheet, because I honestly don't remember what's been added where anymore.

Possibly more stuff coming soon?

EDIT - Also, cleaned up the first post and added some stuff that I had posted in later pages to it.

Edited by Lord Glenn

Mage Masher~

Still love that icon, Josh :3

When are we going to see gameplay or screenshots of it then? </troll>

Daww Ancient sword :C

Gorgon Blade is a better name :P

Those gloves and gauntlets... They are fabulous

But that's what it was called in FFT...

IIRC, the Gloves were based on a screenshot of one of Yuri Lowell's subweapons in Tales of Vesperia and one of Farah Oersted's weapons in Tales of Eternia. The Gauntlets were basically a reskinning of the Gloves, albeit with changed inner shading and design to appear as though it is made of metal plates instead of leather.

Soon! As soon as I get off my ass and make a new preview for FE4R...

Get Rey to hurry up and insert that template then! *shot*

---------

Also, because I'm such a nice guy, you get to see Teaser Set Part 2. Still not saying what it's for though... :D

TeaserIcons2.png

Again, going left to right, up to down: Sword, Lance, Axe, Bow, Anima, Light, Dark, Staff, Palette.

Edited by Lord Glenn

Buh... Even I don't know what those are for.

I can't, he has school XD

;] *

I'm pretty sure they're for my hack since I stole them all *shot*

Your bow icons are getting cooler I think... And that anima one looks like a brave ice tome or something to me.

Lately, I've been trying to make the bow icons actually look like bows, instead of their appearance in FE6/7/8. This includes adding in fletching to the arrows and making the bow strings actually seem like strings. IS has kind of fixed some of this in FE11 and FE12, but it's still not up to par in my eyes.

Tome is ice-based, yes. Brave weapon? Nope.

I would guess something like Elibian Nights or summat.

;] *

*The guessing means that I'm doing my job right~

Edited by Lord Glenn