I'll start compiling the "tall" list here:

Pros:

Reaching things

Long legs => run fast?

Can see over crowds

Tall->more physical mass, which can be useful

Easier to climb things

58% of CEOs are 6 feet or over.

Statistically, taller people make hundreds of thousands of dollars more per year. The rate is $789 per each "additional" inch.

Women are biologically predisposed to prefer taller men, as it generally relates to good health.

Taller men are more likely to be married and have children.

Cons:

You hit your head on things.

You annoy people in movie theatres.

You can't play in bouncy castles anymore.

If female, being taller than guys can be weird

Further to fall

Cannot be a racehorse jockey

Lack of leg-room on planes, etc gets annoying

Edited by _____

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long legs => run fast?

Isn't it the other way around? I mean, short legged people run out of energy faster probably but they take a lot more steps

A quick Google led me to these interesting pros (for guys):

• 58% of CEOs are 6 feet or over.
  • Here's my favorite: Statistically, taller people make hundreds of thousands of dollars more than their shorter counterparts in a lifetime. The rate is $789 per each "additional" inch. So a 6-foot person would earn $5,525 more each year than someone who is 5'5.
  • Women are biologically predisposed to prefer taller men, as it generally relates to good health.
  • Taller men are more likely to be married and have children.

Edited by Fireman

The lightning one is not really true; when faced with lightning, running like hell for lower ground works better than being short (and generally there's something taller than a human around for it to hit, too.)

Zombies... ehh. Don't you know they operate by scent? In this case the tactic is run... shoot... run... shoot... light on fire... run... repeat... XD

now that were talking about height, I'm 1,91 meters tall (yes, in Holland we calculate in meters) that's I think about 6.2664042 feet

now let's see those (dis)advantages

Pros:

Reaching things -> like that's necessary, there's enough tools for that

Long legs => run fast? -> not really, I was slowest in class

Can see over crowds -> definitely the best thing about it

Tall->more physical mass, which can be useful -> whut? what's that?

Easier to climb things -> not with my failure muscles :huh:

58% of CEOs are 6 feet or over. -> what's CEO, and what's the good thing about it?

Statistically, taller people make hundreds of thousands of dollars more per year. The rate is $789 per each "additional" inch. -> :awesome:

Women are biologically predisposed to prefer taller men, as it generally relates to good health.-> wait, whut? I remember a girl saying to me that the only thing that's good about me, is that I'm tall. so yeah, doesn't help that much~

Taller men are more likely to be married and have children. -> isn't this about the same point as above?

Cons:

You hit your head on things.-> yeah, if you wouldn't have any eyes~

You annoy people in movie theatres.-> barely ever go there, when I do, I go in the morning. barely anyone there and it's cheaper.

You can't play in bouncy castles anymore.-> like I want to? but bouncing castles here mostly have no roofs~

If female, being taller than guys can be weird. -> lolz

Further to fall. -> then don't fall~

Cannot be a racehorse jockey. -> whut? again, like I want to?

Lack of leg-room on planes, etc gets annoying. -> pretty much biggest disadvantage yes, but I always find somewhere to put them~

so yeah. most of these things are only advantages/disadvantages for a select group of people

The lightning one is not really true; when faced with lightning, running like hell for lower ground works better than being short (and generally there's something taller than a human around for it to hit, too.)

Zombies... ehh. Don't you know they operate by scent? In this case the tactic is run... shoot... run... shoot... light on fire... run... repeat... XD

Now you're being chased by flaming zombies. From the frying pan to the fire, as it were.

Isn't it the other way around? I mean, short legged people run out of energy faster probably but they take a lot more steps

Yup I had a lecture at my school saying short steps were faster thasn long ones because your head has an inverse pendulum effect whilst walking.

Also this has already been done by terrorism 101 Braniac

You just got a good old Fertile Crescent smackdown.

Well, actually, maybe not.

Nightmare, do you live in the West of your country?

Nope, I live in Tehran. I'm sure someone of your grand amount of knowledge knows where it is situated.

I dunno, when I run, I take long and fast strides and so far I've outrun every short guy (and girl) I've known. 6'2'' btw.

Psh, killing zombies is overrated. Now dancing with them, that's how a real man (or woman) deals with a zombie apocalypse!

Nope, I live in Tehran. I'm sure someone of your grand amount of knowledge knows where it is situated.

Awwwwww. You killed my lame joke. Though to be honest, it was a pretty long shot anyway, I'm pretty sure only a very small part of Iran is in the Fertile Crescent anyway...

I should have made, like, a Persian joke or something.