A Princess' Art Gallery

Princess Kilvas

Hmm...I think it might be the colors..

I couldn't fit the gourd. It needs to fit in that little box, and it already had 15 colors.

yeah. i was just telling branded that thats why it might seem like gaara is missing something. but the dark rings around his eyes should be a little thicker.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, time for some sprites.

Ino, something wasn't quite right with it...=/

2a4pulv.gif

Shikamaru

igcnex.gif

And Gaara

muekhk.gif

Then I wanted to make a 100% full custom mug. So I made Soren.

2igksp2.gif

More soon. (hopefully...)

Ino is pretty good. I think what throws me off is the hair, since I'm used to shippuden.

Shikamaru looks perfect.

Garra looks a little off too. I think I agree with Masu about the outlining of his eyes. Plus his "Love" tatoo is supposed to be in Black, and not red. Isn't it? But now I'm just nit-picking.

Soren looks great. Though he looks a little too manly. Soren's a wimpy looking guy.

Edited by Lyle Dayek

All of them are pillow shaded, and there are some issues I have with your colour palette. While the colours are indeed from FE8, the style of shading is FE7, making them look rather strange. Observe a character like Eirika for a good example of what I'm talking about.

Individual criticism:

Ino's eyes and eyebrows are not shaded properly, and her eyebrows look too short. Her hair isn't shaded correctly either; it looks flat and without texture. Also, there appears to be a lack of shading where her clothes overlap her shoulder.

Shikamaru's armour is pillow shaded. His nose looks funny (it's the wrong shape), and his posture looks rather strange to me. Not sure if that was your intention, though. His hair is also too black. Try to change the palette so that the different colours are more distinguishable.

Gaara's hair isn't shaded correctly either. Take a look at Chad from FE6 to capture the right look of that kind of hair. His clothes are poorly shaded, especially the leather(?) strap of his left shoulder and the white cloth on his right shoulder.

Soren's hair has the same issues as Shikamaru's hair. His eyes also have too much red (the "iris") and not enough white. They look like bug eyes. His cape also lacks texture and shading, therefore making it appear flat.

First, just a pet peeve of mine: The outline color should be the darkest on the sprite. I advise you switch outline colors to FE8 for more hue allowance (or even a darker custom color if you really like your dark colors that much).

Ino: She's much too small and skinny, and shading in her hair is few and randomly placed. Her eyes are rather rectangular, and her iris (colored part) takes up almost all of her screla (white part). There's also no shading in them at all, either. That fold in her collar has no anti-aliasing whatsoever, and it's pillowed to boot. The shades have to reflect the placement of the light source instead of cluster all around the edges.

Shikamaru: His right eyebrow is much too short, and his ponytail looks flat. His hair also has color issues. I do rather like this one, though.

Gaara: His hair has a bunch of shading around the edges, but none on the actual inside. I haven't seen Naruto since forever, but I'm pretty sure that his eyes aren't slits. He also doesn't have enough mascara outline around his eyes. That white cloth needs more shading around the fold and away from the light source. Also, the way his clothing is shaded makes him look flat.

Soren: First off, kudos to you for not failing in the art of full-customing, unlike some people I know whose usernames start with an "M" and end with an "A". The lighter part of his cape looks twisted, and the darker part looks flat. His irises take up too much of his eyes, and it appears that there's a different outline color in the hair than the one used for most of it. The white band around his hair looks really... misplaced. I'm not actually sure what it's supposed to be. His eyebrows are also really dark, and his nose is really light.

Well, I hope that helped, and good luck with all your future spriting endeavors~ -gets shot for all the big words-

Edited by Miss Tama

• 3 weeks later...
I think it looks great!

If I were to be over-critical about it, I think that his shirt is a little too big when compared to his head, but other than that I think it's fine!

Yeah, I was worried about that too. But that's how it was in the picture I used for reference. So I just stuck with it. XD

But the best part about Shino; I don't need blinking or talking frames. XD

Yeah, I was worried about that too. But that's how it was in the picture I used for reference. So I just stuck with it. XD

But the best part about Shino; I don't need blinking or talking frames. XD

XD

Another mug. Woot.

Here's Towa from Naruto:CoNR2. Huzzah for no Talking/blinking frames! Full custom woot! XD

qrd5y8.gif

SPAM!

Princess I have a question, do you run you art through photoshop, and if so, which version do you use?

Well I use Paint for mugs and sprites. But for everything else I use just...Photoshop..I'm not sure what version it is...

._.

Edited by Princess Kilvas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Ok, 2 more mugs and a doodle.

Tenten

9jiz4p.gif

Kiba

11b1a87.gif

And a doodle. Zero VS. Hexblade. Based on Lyle's "A Hero's Journey" [/shameless advertise]

vinr5s.jpg

More soon :D

I've trained you well. XD

Looks great Princess! =D

If you're going to run your things through Photoshop/whatever you use then at least make the lines well-defined.

Critique:

1. The masked man's mask is illogical. Why would it cover his ear? The shading on it is also very strange, making the mask completely round in appearance. Unless than was your intention, of course. Additionally, the placing of the eyes on the mask is far too high. In fact, his whole head seems to be much too long (from top to bottom).

2. Sword is poorly done. It has a wonky shape in general and the lines need to be better defined.

I also suggest your work on the faces of your characters. Most of them are lacking in design, with only a line or two for the features.

If you're going to run your things through Photoshop/whatever you use then at least make the lines well-defined.

Critique:

1. The masked man's mask is illogical. Why would it cover his ear? The shading on it is also very strange, making the mask completely round in appearance. Unless than was your intention, of course. Additionally, the placing of the eyes on the mask is far too high. In fact, his whole head seems to be much too long (from top to bottom).

2. Sword is poorly done. It has a wonky shape in general and the lines need to be better defined.

I also suggest your work on the faces of your characters. Most of them are lacking in design, with only a line or two for the features.

Well it was only a doodle, it's not supposed to be "Perfect". I like the sketchy style. And It was just for fun. <_<

Edited by Princess Kilvas

Well it was only a doodle, it's not supposed to be "Perfect". I like the sketchy style. And It was just for fun. <_<

You took the time to colour it. Therefore not a "doodle". I'm trying to give you critique to help you improve, not bash your art. It's not exactly a sketchy style either - sketching styles have thicker lines, not lines that go over the same place unevenly once or twice.

Edited by Lachesis

Only one for now, more Naruto mugs coming soon though.

Cless, requested by Toa

2uo1c8z.gif

You took the time to colour it. Therefore not a "doodle". I'm trying to give you critique to help you improve, not bash your art. It's not exactly a sketchy style either - sketching styles have thicker lines, not lines that go over the same place unevenly once or twice.

Just because I colored doesn't mean it isn't a doodle, I just drew it real quick, for fun. so I just consider it a doodle. =/

Only one for now, more Naruto mugs coming soon though.

Cless, requested by Toa

2uo1c8z.gif

Just because I colored doesn't mean it isn't a doodle, I just drew it real quick, for fun. so I just consider it a doodle. =/

Nice Cless. His hair seems a bit long on his right side though.

Shoulder plates are far too high up, making him look like he's lifting his shoulders up. Chung is also a bit pointy, and the jaw has a wonky shape. Armour trimming is also mishaped.

By the way, I just wanted to say this - why don't you just say "Okay, I'll fix it up" instead of saying "Well, it was just a doodle...". Aren't you posting your works so you can improve?