Reclassing

Life

Well, thanks for all the help. I'm playing Normal Mode (I need to understand how to reclass properly and know the game before I start the harder modes) and I've got a couple more questions.

Well, Normal is unfortunately not representative of what a mode like H5 is going to have in for you. The maps and stuff will be the same, but not much of what you've learned about the relative usefulness of classes is going to transfer over. The enemies in Normal are terrible, and the low density makes it even more of a joke. The worst characters in the game are gods in Normal mode.

When I first played this game, I did a few chapters of Normal, but I only got a few chapters in before I was bored completely out of my mind with how easy it was. So I went directly to H5 and just struggled through it (the first time... the second time was a lot easier).

You should try Ch1-3 in H5. If you can handle those bullshit chapters, you can handle anything.

1) Are the Gaidens worth sacrificing men? I'm not used to letting guys die, never mind purposely killing them.

Depends on what you mean by "worth it". You need to be as cold-blooded as Marth if you want to play efficiently. If you don't care about that, and want to save all of these cardboard characters, the gaidens are easier than normal chapters and generally don't give you anything interesting except for new recruitable characters.

Minerva and the Whitewings won't attack you and will leave the map on some turn anyway. If you feel like getting through the game as fast as possible (as NM is really easy), just ignore the gaidens. You won't miss much.

Oh yeah, I also thought 6x was harder than a regular chapter. But that's because enemy axe users are really tough.

Edited by dondon151

Roshe isn't a god in NM. I've tried it before, and the only way to get him to potentially double is to go with Myrm for a while, and then his attack drops to awful levels for a while. If he sticks as cavalier, he WILL get doubled by some enemies, and WON'T double anything, except some AKs. Although, say, Gordin now has the potential to become really good, at least for player phase. But...

Anyways, there's no reason to avoid attacking Minerva and her pegasus knights from a distance (important, because Minerva does a lot of damage with Hautclere) as it's pretty much free EXP. And the EXP from Gaidens is probably more useful than units you aren't using.

Roshe isn't a god in NM. I've tried it before, and the only way to get him to potentially double is to go with Myrm for a while, and then his attack drops to awful levels for a while. If he sticks as cavalier, he WILL get doubled by some enemies, and WON'T double anything, except some AKs.
Yet BB is somehow convinced that characters like Roshe aren't a negative.

SMH.

Yet BB is somehow convinced that characters like Roshe aren't a negative.

itt strawmanning (even though i've only had to explain it to you, say, 500,000 times now)

Roshe is a negative only under the premise that better alternatives to him exist, i.e, like 85% of the cast is better than him. Eliminate this premise (which gross value tier lists do), and Roshe is no longer negative as he is still contributing in every map; he's just doing a hell of a lot worse than high tiers, et cetera.

Further, Roshe is forced in C5 and can bait/damage things in said chapter. Just this alone makes it pretty much impossible for Roshe to be negative utility (and I'm pretty sure you have no idea what that term means if you're going to accuse Roshe of being so). Melhen from Tear Ring Saga is negative utility (here lemme pull the reverse cyas effect on your guys). Roshe is just a shitty combat unit relative to 85% of the cast (and about 10 to 20 percent of those aren't even that much better than him)

Of course, you're just going to strawman this argument again, as you do everything else that comes out of my mouth, so I don't even know why I bother to keep explaining it to you.

Edited by Detective Badd