Narga's fe6 HM playlog

15 members have voted

1. 1. Are my chapter posts way too long?

• Yes. I can't be bothered to read them.
    • Probably, but I read it anyway
    • No. This level of detail is a good thing

Chapter 12x

11 turns.

str     skl     spd     lck     def     res
Roy	10.23	26hp	7	12	12	12	7	2     Not relevant
Marcus	7.53	33hp	11	16	14	12	12	9
Astol	11.76	26hp	7	8	15	11	7	3
Dieck	5.00	48hp	21	20	18	13	15	7     C Thany
Thany	12.58	29hp	7	12	20	8	6	6     C Dieck
Clarine	11.59	20hp	5	11	14	13	4	11    C Rutger
Rutger	18.91	36hp	13	20	19	7	8	4     C Clarine
Lalum	3.61	14hp	1	2	12	11	2	5

2  3
6  7

1: Dieck   2: Astol  3: Thany   4: Roy
5: Rutger  6: Lalum  7: Marcus  8: Clarine

Rutger may have saved his future. Almost there for hp. On target for str, skl, almost there for luck, def is close, res is up a little. Most are within .7 except spd, so he's mostly fine and will probably promote during chapter 13. I could perhaps promote him at the start and he'd be fine.

And aside from str, Dieck is no longer particularly special. Nothing else is up by more than 1.35, which is generally less than one standard deviation anyway. In fact, skill is now under average. Okay, he's still a pretty good Dieck, but he's no longer an epic Dieck like he was before. Of course, ORKOing stuff with Iron sword is hilarious, but he's pretty close to doing that on average anyway. In fact, 20/6 Dieck has 24 mt with iron sword, so with WTA 38 hp and 6 def is dead anyway. As is 39 hp and 5 def. I didn't see any (or not many) 39 hp, 6 def guys. steel sword still gives 100% hit on those things due to WTA and Dieck's good skill. And he can reach 25 mt at 20/1, so 26 with WTA will get even the things I didn't meet.

[spoiler=Chapter 12x]Dieck ORKOs archer with iron sword (2HKO with 100% hit. Go Dieck). Clarine Barriers Rutger. Rutger ORKOs axe guy with silver sword. Marcus picks him up and stands just outside shaman's range (6 left, 2 down). Thany take + drops Rutger one up, one right of Marcus and flies with Axereaver to one up, one right of Rutger. Lalum dances for Clarine and Clarine Barriers Thany. Astol uses torch 2 left of Clarine. Roy moves. Halberd misses Marcus (Marcus causes 28 damage with steel). Flux misses Clarine. Thief #1 grabs an antitoxin. Thief #2 gets Elixir. Archer went towards Dieck rather than my others. Good.

Dieck equips Hand axe and heads north. Rutger ORKOs shaman with steel. Roy KOs Halberd guy and gets hit by 27 listed. Yay Roy. Lalum Dances for Roy who gets an elixir. Marcus + Thany move Lalum. Thany positions to counter an axe guy with Axereaver. Clarine heals Roy. Dieck actually hits myrm with 48% on the hand axe counter. Dieck takes a whole 6 damage out of 46. Thany dodges. Takes out two thirds of its health. Dieck ORKOs two hand axe wielding axe guys. Thief #2 gets antitoxin.

Dieck KOs myrm with iron sword. Astol steals lockpick with Lalum's help (I intentionally didn't give him one, in fact). Clarine rescues Roy and runs towards small gap. Thany heads towards Dieck with torch and chest key in hand. Rutger KOs what Thany weakened. Marcus take + drop Roy. Rutger misses myrm on counter and gets hit. Astol counters Halberd dude #2.

Rutger KOs Halberd dude #2. Astol steals elixir from thief #2. Durandal OHKOs thief #1 (15 more hit than silver). Clarine heals Rutger. Thany picks up Astol and goes west. Lalum dances for Clarine who torches. Marcus prepares to intercept another myrm with silver lance. This time myrm misses Rutger and Rutger hits. Other myrm hits Marcus and Marcus hits back. Thief #3 steals antitoxin.

Thany drops Astol near torch chest. Clarine heals Marcus. Dieck ORKOs steel axe guy with Hand axe. Marcus misses once trying to ORKO Druid with silver lance (82 hit, 93.7% true. ~87.8% chance of KO). Lalum dances for Clarine who trades Rutger to steel and picks up Lalum. Roy take + drop. On counters, Rutger misses 76 hit again while getting hit. Dieck misses one of two 78 hits. Marcus dodges an archer. Dieck ORKOs an archer. Clarine dodges a hand axe I'd forgotten (it would do 18 of 19 hp). Marcus gets hit by Druid (now using Nosferatu, unfortunately, with 32 mt and 11 speed rather than Eclipse with no counter and 8 attack speed. Why'd you miss, Marcus?). Thief #3 steals final antitoxin.

Because Dieck missed one of two, Thany had to open the chest and Astol KOd the thing Dieck only weakened. Rutger moves up. Clarine heals him. Lalum dances. Rutger critblicks the Druid (thank god). Marcus runs towards Red Gem with key. Roy picks up Lalum. Roy actually dodges archer.

Astol heads toward chest key. Marcus gets Red Gem (2 steps from Thief #3). Dieck gets lockpick. Thany picks him up. Rutger ORKOs Archer with killing edge. Roy runs and drops Lalum. Myrm attacks Roy. Both hit. Rutger critkills an axe guy. Rutger gets hit by a 10 listed hand axe. Rutger dodges other (12).

Marcus KOs myrm. Astol gets chest key. Thany drops Dieck. Lalum dances. Dieck ORKOs Devil Axe guy with Iron sword. Rutger ORKOs a hand axe guy with silver sword. Clarine heals Dieck. Axe guy attacks Marcus (to do 9 of 10). Marcus dodges.

Thany heads towards White Gem. Marcus gets Elixir. Rutger ORKOs other hand axe guy. With Lalum's help Dieck misses the boss twice with Hand Axe (29 listed, not exactly shocked). Clarine heals Roy. Astol has nothing to do except step out of poison thing. Boss crits Dieck with 28 hit and 23 crit. Dieck actually hits back this time.

Clarine mends Dieck. Dieck has enough to be 4HKOd again. Dieck attacks with Durandal. Lalum dances. Dieck misses with 79 hit. Bloody misses (91.39% true, or ~83.5% to hit both). Thany gets white gem. Roy picks up Lalum, Marcus picks up Clarine. Dieck OHKOs killing edge guy on counter. Dieck KOs boss on counter (silver axe missed). (edit: guess I didn't say why I had to rescue. Clarine was adjacent to killing edge myrm and Lalum was within 2 of the boss. Obviously both of these things were problems that needed to be rectified)

Roy seizes. Nothing else to do since Clarine and Lalum are rescued and thus can't actually do anything to build exp.

I missed two important attacks. None of the other misses I had (Like Rutger missing two of three with 70+ hit against a myrm or Dieck missing 1 of 2 against a hand axe) really cost me much of anything. But there were two times I had over 80% to KO a very important enemy and failed. 87.8% to hit twice and kill that Druid. 83.5% to hit twice and KO the boss with Durandal. I got a touch lucky on that Druid because Rutger finally pulled a timely crit (only needed 1 of 2 to crit anyway), but that still cost me because I had to give up Rutger's 4th attack on that myrm and I had to give up Lalum's next turn. The run basically hinged on those two attack sequences, and both of them failed.

Anyway, got every chest + 1 lockpick but the 4 antitoxins. I'm happy enough that I would have 10 turned the chapter if either of those attacks hadn't failed (Dieck would have been able to make the boss switch to hand axe on turn 8 EP instead of turn 9 if Marcus had KOd the Druid like he was supposed to and I could have gotten the last elixir more easily allowing Clarine and Lalum and Marcus to help with Canto positioning on turn 8 to set up the boss switch). Which means more shots at the boss. Which means if either had worked I'd have been able to 10 turn, putting it at around 98%. Actually, if Dieck hadn't missed that hand axe guy on enemy phase and forced Thany to get the chest so Astol could KO the thing, I'd have been able to get Dieck in range of the boss on turn 8 even despite missing the Druid. Just shows how important each hit is, I guess. Heck, if I'd been smart enough to actually bring the Light Brand (don't know how I forgot) then I could have attacked twice with the Light Brand on turn 9 with 49 listed instead of 29. Maybe I'd have gotten enough Light Brand hits in to OHKO with Durandal. Well, I'd need 3 of 3, so probably not, actually.

Again: Bloody Misses.

I don't remember when Rutger finally reached 19 spd. The boss has 15 so maybe Rutger could have attacked. But Rutger is 3HKOd. Maybe if I'd brought a crest with which to promote him it would work. Then he'd only need the one spd proc for 18 spd since promo gives +1. And then killer with massive crit rate may have helped pull something nice off. but I really really didn't expect Durandal to miss.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 13

12 turns

str     skl     spd     lck     def     res
Roy	10.96	26hp	7	12	12	12	7	2
Marcus	8.04	34hp	11	16	14	12	12	10
Dieck	5.51	48hp	21	20	18	13	15	7
Thany	14.50	30hp	8	13	20	10	7	6
Clarine	12.92	20hp	5	12	15	14	4	12
Rutger	20.--	38hp	14	20	20	8	9	5
Lalum	4.71	15hp	1	2	13	12	2	6
sue	15.35	25hp	9	15	16	9	7	3
shin	13.07	37hp	15	13	20	9	9	4
Fir	13.31	34hp	13	20	19	14	7	5
Lance	12.56	30hp	10	9	13	6	9	3
Alan	13.37	31hp	15	8	13	8	10	2
Lugh	13.85	19hp	8	10	11	10	4	8
Gonzo	5.01           ----------base level--------------
Miledy  10.43

1 2
3 4 5
6 7 8
9 A B
C D
 E

1: Dieck  2: Thany  3: Lalum    4: Rutger  5: shin 
6: Roy    7: sue    8: Marcus   9: Alan    A: Gonzales
B: Fir    C: Lugh   D: Clarine  E: Lance

C sue x shin. Available turn 3 (maybe 2). Activated turn 6.

Miledy:

39 hp, 16 str, 14 skl, 14 spd, 7 lck, 15 def, 4 res

Well, str, skl, lck, def all rounded down from .5. But somehow hp and spd went up by a full point. Not sure if I should be happy or sad. Probably happy, considering I'll just goddess icon her later. Maybe should have brought it with me, actually.

[spoiler=sold:]Red Gem

Red Gem

Blue Gem

White Gem

Elysium Whip

Lockpick (full)

White Gem

Lockpick (full)

[spoiler=bought:]4x Fire

2x Elfire

3 Heal

1 Mend

1 Restore

1 torch (item)

3x Iron sword

5x Killing Edge

5x Killer Lance

2x Javelin

2x Iron bow

6x Killer Bow

12650 remains.

[spoiler=Chapter 13]Thany picks up Dieck. Lalum dances. Thany drops Dieck with hand axe to counter two cavs + paladin. Other units move east. Marcus gets barrier'd by Clarine and positions to draw whatever wants to take him on. shin positions to draw one mage + one ballista (he'll live if hit twice). Marcus needs to dodge one of five if nothing goes after shin. shin KOs his mage. sniper leaves his post to attack Marcus directly (didn't think of that). Marcus missed the sniper and hit the thunder mage. Dieck KOs his two cavs and injures Paladin.

Thany KOs Paladin (and blocks axereaver cav). Dieck ORKOs Killer Lance cav. Lalum dances for Rutger who crit-kills sniper (and caps speed!). sue fails to crit-kill with double crit on longbow guy. shin KOs what sue failed to. Clarine heals Marcus. Marcus KOs thunder mage. Thany counters axereaver guy. Marcus counters Paladin (and draws a bow and a javelin). sue gets hit by longbow (52).

Thany KOs axereaver guy. Dieck weakens Troubadour for Thany's next turn. Lance misses Paladin with javelin. sue fails to crit the other longbow guy. 4 out of 4 failures. I get no luck with sue this game. And she got hit again. Fir KOs the guy with iron. Marcus pulls a crit (second hit) on a cav. Rutger fails to crit Paladin. In fact, he even misses the second shot. Alan gives Miledy an iron lance and she ORKOs last bow guy with 77 listed. Clarine heals shin and he guards Marcus and sue. Marcus can now only be attacked by one enemy and he'll live. Ditto the rest of them. Gonzo + Roy arrange Clarine to be danced and she heals a whole 1 hp for Rutger. I kinda forgot about the Killer Axe so good thing Marcus didn't crit and clear a space. I could have easily switched his items with shin because shin was adjacent. Marcus gets hit and double hits back (it was the axereaver guy). Paladin attacks Fir and gets hit twice for 10 damage. Troub heals Paladin to 31 hp. Other Troub self heals.

Clarine mends Marcus. Marcus fails to crit an incoming cav. shin KOs. Lugh injures Paladin. Fir KOs the cav injured by Marcus. Gonzo misses Paladin with Halberd (don't know why I even bothered). Rutger again fails to crit but at least double hits. Roy KOs with Rapier. I love you man. Mega rescuing to keep everyone killable away from the annoying wyverns. Lalum dances for the one rescuing Clarine so Clarine gets dropped and can heal next turn. Rutger's weapons are removed so that the things don't have WTA (and thus 2HKO with steel). Thany KOs Troub that self healed. Dieck visits village. One wyvern attacks (and misses) Rutger. The other is a masochist and instead attacks Lugh who happens to have a little thing called Aircalibur. Troub heals that idiot up to 24 hp after that incident.

Lugh attempts to KO the javelin guy. Lugh misses an 84 hit. shin finishes the job. Poor Lugh. sue KOs the other wyvern guy (finally gets a crit but she 2HKOs anyway). Thany picks up Dieck and starts flying. Marcus KOs the final cav in this area with a crit. Lalum dances for shin. shin KOs Troub and hits C rank. Clarine heals sue.

shin and sue run forward so that sue can draw the javelin guy. sue activates support. Clarine mends Fir. sue hits on the counter but the guy had too much speed.

sue KOs. shin KOs another with iron bow. Movement. sue gets attacked by horseslayer guy.

sue KOs. Gets a crit on the first shot, even. I guess it's helpful even if she 2HKOs regardless. Drop Dieck to distract cavs in the north. Rutger draws a merc.

Dieck double-misses. Thany picks him up and flies away. Lugh misses 84 hit with Fire. sue fails to crit with killer bow. Lalum dances for sue and she now KOs merc. Rutger and Lance try to draw merc and hero. They both attack Rutger (out of fear of WTD, probably). Rutger crit-blicks the merc and gets one crit on the hero and misses the second attack.

Clarine heals Rutger and Rutger attacks hero with silver (now 98 exp. urg). Fir crits with Wo Dao. Thany releases Dieck for another distraction. Distraction works wonderfully.

shin fails to KO boss with two hits from killer (no crit). Lalum lets Fir have a shot with wyrmslayer. Fir KOs. Thany takes Dieck away again. Gonzo uses book. Lugh gives white Gem to Marcus. Lance picks up Roy and brings closer to throne. Marcus takes red Gems from Lance and take + drops Roy.

Clarine heals sue. shin attacks Paladin. And fails to crit. One wonders if the killer bow ever actually crits when it would do more than save uses. sue trades with shin and attacks a cav beside paladin and crits (yay). But she 5HKOs so it fails anyway (and leaves it with 1 hp or something). Marcus misses the last Troub. Lalum dances for Marcus. Marcus visits shop and sells/buys stuff. Miledy visits other one and sells/buys stuff. Rutger KOs thing sue weakened. I should have done this the other way around, but I was distracted by the shops. Really, Rutger needed 2 exp, which he could've gotten without killing. And then sue would have an easier time KOing. Oh well. Thany gives Dieck to shin and KOs weakened Paladin with horseslayer. Fir misses Troub with 89 hit (19 spd can't double 16). Lance misses with 40 hit (javelin). Alan hits with iron sword but it's too late to KO because only Roy remains. Roy seizes.

Ah well, dondon wins yet again. I'd go along the top, but I keep hoping that since I don't have to care about Percy on the bottom I'll find a way. I keep not, though.

edit: I looked at the shops in the future but somehow missed that you can buy elfire in chapter 14 as well. Oops. There goes 800 gold.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Chapter 14

13 turns

Str     Skl     Spd     Lck     Def     Res
Roy	10.98	26hp	7	12	12	12	7	2
Dieck	7.08	50hp	21	20	19	14	16	7
Thany	1.48	36hp	10	15	22	10	9	8
Lugh	15.19	20hp	9	10	12	10	5	8
Clarine	15.06	21hp	6	14	16	17	5	14
Rutger	3.79	45hp	16	23	23	9	12	7
Astol	11.95	26hp	7	8	15	11	7	3
Lalum	5.81	16hp	1	2	14	12	3	6
Tate	8.00	29hp	9	11	15	6	8	8
Cath	5.00	20hp	3	11	14	11	3	3
Miledy	13.52	42hp	18	15	18	10	16	4
Cecilia	1.26		   ------------base level-----------
sofiya	1.00		

1 2 C
3 4
5 6 7
8 9
A B
  D

1: Cath    2: Clarine  3: Lalum  4: Tate    5: Dieck
6: Roy     7: Thany    8: Lugh   9: Miledy  A: Astol
B: Rutger  C: Cecilia  D: sofiya

B Clarine x Ruger. Available turn 12. Activated on turn 13.

Bought:

4 Aircalibur

2 Restore

1 Mend

5 Pure Water

1 steel sword

5400 remains

[spoiler=Chapter 14] Lalum allows Dieck to draw all 4 of the wyverns in the top left without drawing the mamkute. Dieck needs to dodge one hit, but he has the iron axe and they have 20 listed or less, each. Cath stands below where he will be where none can attack her (Dieck will blocks the wyvern lord). Cath moved first, though, and used a torch and got talisman. Lugh heads over to be in range to assist in the clean up. Tate gives Restore and heal to Cecilia and picks her up and brings her closer (stands two left of Cath's start). Dieck take + drops her (where Cath was) before Lalum dances for him (Lalum stands one left one down of where Cath was). Thany promotes at level 14 (I'm sad about that, by the way). Miledy uses a speedwing. Clarine barriers Miledy. Astol heads towards speedwing (and doesn't yet use a torch). sofiya heads northeast. Rutger moves south east and promotes. Roy goes southeast and torches. Enemies being the idiots that they are, the first wyvern blocked the lord from attacking so it never moved. Dieck never got hit and he countered the two with steel lances and dodged the javelin (faced 14, 14, 12 listed).

Miledy grabs body ring from Roy and uses it, equips javelin, and positions to block southern thunder guy from getting to anyone else. Miledy can survive a thunder-crit should there be one. Astol torches and gets wing. Cath moves up one left two. Lugh KOs a wyvern and only gets magic. Tate rescues Astol. Lugh KOs other wyvern. Dieck OHKOs hand axe wyvern with Durandal. Thany trades to get him back to his iron axe and stands within 3 (down 2 right 1). Roy stands to draw northern thunder guy and gets Barrier'd by Clarine. sofiya takes Roy's torch. Cecilia heads east one. Dieck miracle dodges Mamkute. Also dodges Wyvern Lord. Roy gets hit by thunder guy. Miledy KOs thunder guy on counter and doesn't get crit'd (4%).

Thany KOs thunder guy that attacked Roy with Killer Lance (2HKO with doubling thanks to promotion). Lugh KOs wyvern lord and gets hp, spd, def. Not bad. Dieck OHKOs mamkute with Durandal. Cath moves towards card. Tate drops Astol within walking distance of silence. Roy moves northeast and Clarine mends Thany (6 hp from promotion). Cecilia and Lalum head east. sofiya moves northeast and torches (only 2up 2right, though, so that the bishop will head due south). Miledy takes elixir from Astol and uses goddess icon and flies east a bit. sleep guy sleeps sofiya (who else?) but he somehow misses.

Astol uses torch and gets silence. Cath gets card. Roy misses bishop with killing edge (70 hit). Tate flies due north and torches. Lalum gives vulnerary to Cecilia and dances Lugh. Cecilia gives vulnerary to Thany and moves toward Roy. Thany flies down to just out of range of wyverns. Miledy flies next to Thany and uses vulnerary (positioned to counter up to two wyverns with 0% COD thanks to vulnerary). Rutger moves to (hopefully) draw the wyvern lord with wyrmslayer. Clarine mends Lalum. Miledy crit-blicks one wyvern and the lord goes after Miledy (Miledy dodged the non-lord). sofiya slept.

Rutger crit-blicks wyvern lord with wyrmslayer. Cecilia restores sofiya. Clarine torches to reach B. Lalum dances her. Dieck ORKOs recover priest with 57 hit. Go Dieck. Although Roy would have been able to KO had Dieck hit one of two. That is, if Roy could find the broad side of a barn. Well, missing 70 hit earlier wasn't that bad, I suppose. Clarine Physics Miledy. Miledy fails to crit wyvern in two hits. Thany to the rescue, I guess. Thany KOs. Astol hits silence guy one of two and no crits (63 hit, 21% crit). Cath goes right and torches and Tate rescues Cath. Lugh hits a merc with Aircalibur. silence guy misses Clarine with 7% hit. sofiya slept with 80.

Cecilia restores. Tate drops Cath in boots area (will get on next turn). Astol goes right and torches. Rutger moves right with wyrmslayer. Thany goes just below Rutger with slim lance (in range of elfire guy). Lugh + sofiya move southeast along the canyon. Miledy moves to within range of Clarine and gets physic'd. Lalum dances Clarine. Clarine heals Roy. Roy somehow gets the boots when he moves. Thany dodges elfire and Astol dodges javelin. Clarine dodges 6% silence.

Rutger crit-blicks final wyvern with wyrmslayer (Lugh in range in case of no crits and only one of two hit). Thany KOs elfire guy and gets hit on counter. Astol equips Light Brand and torches (sleep guy who is now Lightning dude is in range of him and Rutger and Thany). Clarine physics Miledy for 2 hp (needed to be able to take on some mercs due to crit fear of the killing edge guy). Miledy prepares to draw one hero + two mercs. Lugh blocks the canyon and so sophia can go two closer. Cath stands where Roy was to "get" the boots. Clarine barriers Cath. Dieck picks up Lalum and Tate puts her where it is safe from aircalibur guy. Dieck has hand axe to counter. Miledy crit-blicks one merc, dodges another (and misses him), and dodges Killing edge guy. Dieck KOs aircalibur guy with 68 hit. Clarine dodges 7% hit from silence. Lugh dodges 56% lightning (and tinks on 21 res).

Rutger KOs the guy with killing edge but gets hit on counter. Useless crit on attack #2. Thany KOs elfire guy (and gets a useless crit on attack #2). Tate flies downwards (6 down, 1 right) and torches. Astol moves closer to warp. Dieck attacks a random merc with hand axe and hits one of two with 44 hit. Miledy prepares to counter 2 mercs + killing edge guy and vulneraries to reach max hp. Clarine heals Dieck for what the aircalibur guy did. Cecilia picks up Clarine and Lalum dances for her. Cecilia drops Clarine. Cath torches. Final mage to be drawn by Thany or Lugh. sophia moves. Miledy counters one merc, crit-blicks armorslayer guy, gets hit (not critted) by killing edge guy and crit-blicks him. Finally gets def. Thany dodges Thunder.

Astol gets warp and Tate picks him up. Clarine physics Rutger. sofiya torches. Thany KOs mage (I love Thany). Miledy picks up Clarine and Lalum dances. Miledy flies right and drops Clarine. Cath moves due south to get a look at the axe guys. Miledy misses a 78 on counter. Then misses a 73 on the last hero.

Miledy picks up Roy. Cecilia heals her. Lalum dances her. Miledy flies back east. Thany picks up Rutger and Clarine (at edge of desert) runs over and take + drop to put him in the path of enemies and she gets out of it. Rutger KOs mercs but fails on hero. Only gets one of two 83s and doesn't crit at all (68% crit on the one that hit).

Astol gets silver blade. Clarine mends Rutger. Miledy gives Roy to Clarine and hits Hero for 13 damage. Rutger crits hero. Cecilia gets card from Cath. Tate gets it from Cecilia. Lalum dances Tate. Tate flies back east and gives it to sophia. sophia gets guiding ring. Thany grabs card and take + drops Roy. Cath torches.

Thany buys stuff and flies next to other shop. Miledy misses boss with 54 hit. Clarine rescues and moves one more away. Rutger hits twice but fails to crit even once with 66 crit. I think the chance of KOing the boss was > 50%, but I might be wrong. That is, between Miledy's one attack and Rutger's 2. sophia grabs silver card and buys from steel shop. Lugh picks her up. Dieck KOs priest (the silence guy that has been following me around for a while and Astol failed to KO earlier). Gets a whole 7 exp. Rutger gets one crit on counter and misses other attack. Rutger was not hit this time (he entered the first battle as 3HKOd).

Rutger KOs boss. Attacking Maggie, Clarine misses Aircalibur and Dieck only gets one of two hand axe. Insufficient damage to 100% OHKO with Durandal or any other weapon. Not safe to attack melee. Lalum dances for him anyway to chip with two range again. Dieck pulls a 1% crit with hand axe, though, and KOs poor Maggie. Clarine activates B Rutger. Roy seizes after other units drop things they were carrying or have them take + dropped away.

Could have 12 turned if Rutger hadn't decided to not crit on turn 13. Roy was within range of seizing. It's not much better than the 14 turns I did a day ago, but that was never going to be fewer than 14 anyway so this is like 1 and a half better so it's good enough that I give up. Only sad thing is that last time Rutger proc'd 2 str and 1 def last time that he didn't this time. He gained 1 hp and 1 skl that he didn't last time, though, but I don't think that's an even trade at all. Miledy traded 1 skl (last time) for 1 hp, 1 str, 1 spd, so that's a good improvement over last time. Dieck lost 1 str and gained 1 hp, 1 spd, 1 lck, 1 def. Clarine lost 1 hp 1 spd and got nothing in return, but oh well. The levels she got were still pretty good. Lugh lost a level compared to last time and lost 2 mag, 1 skl, 1 res and in return got 1 hp. If he gets spd next level, though, it'll be completely worth it for him. Though it also has the opportunity to give him that and nearly everything he lost if he's lucky.

And yeah, I know Miledy is kinda crazy now and I almost want to take back the wing and body ring, but it was helpful early on. I do not regret the goddess icon, though, considering it made her immune to the crit of all the mercs and the hero without a killing edge. Didn't even need the lck proc for that (and it would have been insufficient without the icon for some mercs and the hero, anyway). The ring will hopefully come in handy in sacae, and if I were to promote her this second she'd have 20 attack speed with javelins. If she can just get 2 more points before I do she'll have 22 and if she gets spd soon after promotion she'll be a real menace in sacae. It's funny because she can ORKO about half the pirates in chapter 14x with a simple iron lance. Of course, that would mean bad hit rates so I wouldn't, but it is funny. And Thany 4HKOs and doubles them all with iron sword. Not great but not bad. Promotion was mostly for the 2HKOing of mages that I took some advantage of.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

You sounded sad in Lifey's thread.

So, even though I know jack-shit about FE6, I'm going to comment on your progress!

Your formatting is pleasing.

You sounded sad in Lifey's thread.

So, even though I know jack-shit about FE6, I'm going to comment on your progress!

Your formatting is pleasing.

Thank you. If the formatting is good then that's something.

And yeah, I'm sad about the lack of comments. Everyone loves commenting on GJ and his armors. And Ether loves an epic Fir. Mine isn't epic yet.

Hey, chapter 13, I noticed your spending. I can't help but notice you had roughly the same amount of money I had when I was done spending.

Difference being I didn't load up on magic in chapter 14, mainly due to the fact I have no mages on my team, so I still have quite a money lead.

Thank you. If the formatting is good then that's something.

And yeah, I'm sad about the lack of comments. Everyone loves commenting on GJ and his armors. And Ether loves an epic Fir. Mine isn't epic yet.

I would like to comment, but what would I say aside from 'hey it's great how you're beating me by a really wide margin'?

And, to be honest, I'm not really a big fan of your long descriptions, although partially because it makes me feel bad about my really short descriptions on my playlog.

I would like to comment, but what would I say aside from 'hey it's great how you're beating me by a really wide margin'?

And, to be honest, I'm not really a big fan of your long descriptions, although partially because it makes me feel bad about my really short descriptions on my playlog.

speedwagon's suggestion makes it easier to pretend they don't exist, but then I guess there is basically no description of what I did if you don't like the length. I should have made the vote public but I thought maybe it might lead to fewer votes.

Chapter 14x

9 turns

Str     Skl     Spd     Lck     Def     Res
Roy	11.26	27hp	7	12	12	12	7	3
Alan	14.44	32hp	16	9	15	9	10	2
Lance	14.65	32hp	10	10	14	7	10	3
Thany	2.01	36hp	10	16	23	11	9	8
Clarine	16.68	21hp	7	14	16	18	5	14
Rutger	5.35	46hp	17	23	23	10	12	7
sue	15.96	25hp	9	15	16	9	7	3
Fir	16.41	37hp	13	20	20	15	7	6
shin	14.97	38hp	15	14	20	10	9	4
Lalum	6.53	16hp	1	2	15	12	3	6

1 2
3 5 6
6 7 8 9
  A

1: Lalum  2: Rutger  3: sue   4: Roy  5: Alan
6: shin   7: Clarine 8: Thany 9: Fir  A: Lance

[spoiler=Chapter 14x]Alan uses wing. Thany uses boots. Multiple pick ups and drops. Lalum gives Alan an iron sword and dances for him. Clarine gives silver lance to Thany and Barriers her.

Thany gets poisoned on 11 hit. Lance misses a 46 hit javelin (expected). Alan ORKOs and gets hit by 16 hit. Clarine mends Alan. Roy drains a pure water to draw boss' bolting. shin + sue drop Rutger next to Clarine and shin to draw other bolting. Roy down to 1 hp. Poison axe misses Clarine (16 hit but not a OHKO anyway). Other bolting misses shin with 48 hit.

Thany fails to crit archer. 10 hp remain. shin fails to KO merc in two tries. Rutger crit-blicks axe guy with iron. Fir KOs merc. Lance KOs archer and gets hp + def. Alan ORKOs axe guy from full. Clarine restores Thany. Roy dodges an axe (yeah yeah, COD and all, but I didn't care after 3 tries).

Thany crit-blicks an axe with 3% while trying to weaken for Alan. Oh well. Alan doesn't get exp this turn, then. Roy moves, Clarine mends, Alan + Lance carry Roy closer and Alan arranges to meet 4 enemies (needs to dodge only one, and one of them is an axe that has horrid hit and there are a couple of enemies that may go after something else anyway). Fir KOs what Roy weakened. Rutger picks up Fir and gets danced. Alan dodges lancereaver + steel bow guy + long bow guy and Roy dodges hand axe guy.

Fir KOs steel bow guy (1 of 2 crit). Clarine mends Thany. Alan gets one of two on long bow guy (he 2HKOs, so I'm sad). Rutger KOs merc that Alan weakened. sue KOs longbow guy. Thany + Lance KO hand axe guy. shin picks up sue and blocks Nosferatu guy from reaching things that can't survive (B Lance support prevents Alan from dying to it). shin gets hit with 68 hit.

Fir crit-blicks Eclipse guy (I didn't bother saying who he missed with 0% hit). Clarine barriers Rutger. Alan picks her up. Thany attacks Nosferatu guy, fails to crit but at least didn't get hit. Roy take + drops Clarine and Lalum dances her. Lance KOs Nosferatu guy. Rutger gets in range of Bolting guy and Clarine physics him. shin trades Thany to a sword and drops sue. Rutger dodges a bolting and Lance gets hit by another. Lance dodged axe guys.

Fir crit-blicks an axe in Rutger's way. Rutger KOs one bolting guy. shin misses once on wyvern with longbow (floor went away and couldn't attack at 2 range) so Thany can't KO and didn't bother trying. shin gets danced and crit-kills Berserker. I hate trying to not be slow in this chapter, by the way. Get crowded by a bunch of enemies, gathered units into a small group and used rescuing to get some of them there. Everyone lived and Clarine needed to dodge a 48 hit axereaver to do so. Rutger dodged a bunch and KOd a merc. Got hit by something but I'm not sure what.

Rutger crit-blicks boss (double, but only needed hit + crit). sue is 1 point of speed from awesome. I suppose that shows how bad it is if she's screwed, but with her average stats she ORKOs any wyverns with 12-1 spd. Oh well. Fir KOs a wyvern. shin ORKOs another. sue weakens another. axe guys miss miserably and Lalum dodges a 53 hit bow to live. Wyvern weakened by sue runs away and gets healed.

Rutger KOs archer. shin crit-blicks an axe. sue fails to crit in two hits on a different axe (why is she always the unlucky one?). Fir crit-blicks an axe. Clarine mends Lance and Roy + Lance KO an axe. Alan + Thany get Roy close enough for Lalum to dance to the throne. Roy seizes.

It's probably one of the ugliest 9 turns in the history of this chapter. Turn 7 and 8 are basically me saying "don't die don't die don't die" while letting units face hitrates normally too high for my liking. Nothing above 55 but still way to high for any semblance of safety or reliability. Even all the 10 to 25 hit rates from axes on turn 7 were enough that I would normally not allow. Well, considering the combination of that + the wyverns about to attack. Getting 3HKOd at <25 listed hit rates and only facing 3 enemies is normally safe enough for me to try. I'd go again (the levels weren't even all that impressive, particularly Rutger and his +1 hp, +1 str, +1 lck in two levels) if I thought I could make a reliable 10 or 11 turn. I don't think I'm capable of a reliable 9 turn unless I actually bring Dieck and Miledy. I suppose I probably should, though, but that would most likely lead to me dropping Alan and Lance completely considering they are underleveled and sue/shin are so close to being able to rip apart sacae and Lance and Alan can't compare. But Miledy and Dieck are both way more durable than anyone but Rutger. They are only a little more durable than him. And over time he probably needs less healing anyway due to more dodging. Dieck is actually only 1 hp or 1 res away from being able to tank the boss + his friend without even needing a pure water. Go Dieck. And he's 4HKOd by the wyverns that are 2HKOing everyone else (again, except Rutger). Miledy is also 4HKOd. And he's like 10HKOd by the steel bow guy. 13HKOd by 21 mt poison axe guys. At <15 listed hit. Craziest thing is that when Thany/Miledy are using Killer Lances, Miledy has the exact same avo due to Miledy's wing + icon + spd blessing and Thany's luck screwage.

edit: oops. I used Rutger's partially boosted by Barrier res rather than his actual res.

Edited by Narga_Rocks
fix an oops pointed out by Ether

I'd honestly like to comment but FE6 means absolutely nothing to me. If I could ever get around to being assed to finish my first-and-probably-only I'd maybe comment more :P

You know, this is my second HM playthrough. You are on your first. Lets just say you are stomping many of my first turncounts. eg: chapter 13 had 20 turns for me last time and you got 13 this time. Even my normal mode playthrough before my first HM was 16 turns on chapter 13 so you even beat my NM. I don't know if either of my first two playthroughs beat you in any chapter. Well, early on NM is really easy (relatively speaking) so probably there.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Jackal's armor fetish is amusing because he's constantly looking for ways to argue them up. Use Sophia seriously perhaps?

Jackal's armor fetish is amusing because he's constantly looking for ways to argue them up. Use Sophia seriously perhaps?

It's not a fetish, and really I would find hte armors a bit more utility value compared to Sophia. Mainly due to some chapters of which you are split up (or it's best to do so) and one team has no bearing on the fast completion of a chapter (chapter12 and perhaps 12X), or you have enough mounts to spare and at the same time not using 3 other slots seriously (or chapter 8 where they're forced anyways...Most of them at least).

However, even I have to acknowledge they aren't stunning. Just if you find yourself in the above situation, you can bring them in to eliminate threats from time to time, then when you eventually dump then, you can easier transition into late-game units.

That would be interesting. ~50 hit on the slowest enemies in her joining chapter and low 30s on Mercs in the same chapter. In my 14 turn of chapter 14 I actually had sofiya attack (and miss) something and get 1 exp. In my 13 turn she just took a stroll towards the guiding ring while avoiding everything due to everything having crit on her or ORKOing or both. I mean, even the mages ORKOd her without a nearly full barrier and even then they had crit. I would have loved to at least had her draw some mage since she had WTA and may actually hit, even if only for like 1 damage or something.

That would be interesting. ~50 hit on the slowest enemies in her joining chapter and low 30s on Mercs in the same chapter. In my 14 turn of chapter 14 I actually had sofiya attack (and miss) something and get 1 exp. In my 13 turn she just took a stroll towards the guiding ring while avoiding everything due to everything having crit on her or ORKOing or both. I mean, even the mages ORKOd her without a nearly full barrier and even then they had crit. I would have loved to at least had her draw some mage since she had WTA and may actually hit, even if only for like 1 damage or something.

Yes, I also had Sophia take a wild swing at a Wyvern, purely because her 10 damage would have removed the need for a Killer Lance crit.

I guess she's also useful for distracting Sleep.

Yes, I also had Sophia take a wild swing at a Wyvern, purely because her 10 damage would have removed the need for a Killer Lance crit.

I guess she's also useful for distracting Sleep.

Only because the guy seems determined to use it only on her. I have no clue why. Maybe he knows she'll find the guiding ring and he wants it to stay in the sand? He starts pretty close to it. But I agree it's cool you know she's getting hit with it. Lets me know where to position Cecilia each round.

• 3 weeks later...

Narga, just so you know, I am reading these and I really hope you finish your run. So please do or I'll end up looking like this.

61328857.SadCat.jpg

Sorry for the lack of comments,I wasn't really reading the FE6 boards for a little while.You seem to be doing well,and BTW,you mixed up Def and Lck in your last log,unless everyone's stats took a baseball bat to the face and were diagnosed with amnesia or something.