Narga's fe6 HM playlog

15 members have voted

1. 1. Are my chapter posts way too long?

• Yes. I can't be bothered to read them.
    • Probably, but I read it anyway
    • No. This level of detail is a good thing

Why am I the only one to stick my username on the topic title? I'm tempted to force it on the others' logs to help differentiate.

Anyway, I'm probably the only one using Thany (offensively) and sue (and maybe/probably Fir) so I want to get it out there and (hopefully) show what they can do (in a good way). Otherwise I probably wouldn't have made this.

[spoiler=Turncounts]Chapter 1: 8

Chapter 2: 10

Chapter 3: 13

Chapter 4: 10

Chapter 5: 13

Chapter 6: 11

Chapter 7: 12

Chapter 8: 18

Chapter 8x: 12

Chapter 9: 13

Chapter 10E: 11

Chapter 11E: 11

Chapter 12: 11

Chapter 12x: 11

Chapter 13: 12

Chapter 14: 13

Chapter 14x: 9 (tentatively)

Chapter 1

8 turns.

str     skl     spd     lck     def     res
Roy	2.11	19hp	5	6	7	7	5	0
Alan	2.21	21hp	8	5	7	3	6	0
Marcus	1.57	32hp	9	14	11	10	9	8
Lance	2.12	21hp	6	6	9	2	6	1
Wolt	2.03	19hp	4	4	6	3	5	0
Bors	1.10	20hp	7	4	3	4	11	0

[spoiler=Chapter 1]Wolt missed a 70+ hit on turn 1 to kill something. Marcus got hit by the boss' mid 20s% hit. Used 6 out of 12 uses of the 4 vulneraries (all on 2 of them, actually, so only 2x3 left).

But 8 turns, so I'm okay with that. Marcus got the BK because it was the only way for me to 8 turn it, but oh well.

And yeah, I know I let Wolt do a lot when I probably shouldn't need to. It's just a thing. Last time he hit 5.07 before getting dropped. And he's already faster this time with one level than he was last time with 4. Of course, he got to 6 str last time which he may not reach this time, but whatever. Anyway, he made my life easier.

Otherwise, typical strategy. Marcus tanks as much as possible on enemy phases and Lance + Alan + Roy mostly clean up. Bow enemies make this more annoying. Went at the castle with everyone via the right side this time and it was easier than going by the village. Or I think it was, anyway. If Marcus had've dodged the boss that first enemy phase he was there rather than get hit by mid 20s% then I would have 7 turned. But no, he had to get hit by something that 2HKOs him with low hit causing me to vulnerary to be safe.

Chapter 2

10 turns.

Roy	2.90	19hp	5	6	7	7	5	0
Alan	3.28	22hp	8	5	7	4	6	0
Marcus	1.76	32hp	9	14	11	10	9	8
Lance	3.04	21hp	7	7	10	2	6	2
Wolt	2.34	19hp	4	4	6	3	5	0
Bors	1.21	20hp	7	4	3	4	11	0
Merlinus no exp
Ward	2.27	28hp	8	3	5	4	3	0
Lot	3.20	29hp	7	6	7	2	4	1
Thany	2.47	17hp	4	7	13	5	6	5
Ellen	2.88	16hp	1	6	8	8	0	6
Dieck	7.32	28hp	9	13	11	7	6	1

[spoiler=Chapter 2]No horrible misses except near the beginning on the left. It was Wolt again with hit in the 70s. I had Lance try to javelin kill first but that was in the 50s so I don't care that he missed.

Could have 9 turned if I was smarter in preparation with Dieck on turn 8 but I messed up what could have been a good strategy because he was the best at KOing a fighter on a forest so I did that and couldn't get him to the boss. Thany got kills, as you can probably guess, and a decent amount of wexp (7 uses of slim and 1 use of javelin with at least 2 kills). Look, she's accurate and Dieck doesn't KO much with the iron sword (his most accurate). Give me a break, I like seeing 90% or better on my hit rates. Especially with all the Wolt misses. Oh, and she hit the fighter with a 20something% hit rate with a javelin while he was on a forest. I didn't need that hit at all really and may have prefered to miss to get the wexp without losing a use of the javelin, but it was funny. Dieck was 2HKOing the thing either way I think so it was just so she could get wexp, really (Alan or someone already countered on enemy phase so Dieck was at 2HKO with iron sword). The extra exp from making contact wasn't a big deal. Had to let Ward get a kill, though, which made me sad. Did a small rescue thing to get a javelin to Alan so he could KO something rather than let Ward get a second KO (Lot was too injured to take a counter if he missed, though he would have had a near 80 listed hit and even on a miss there was a fort so it would have been like 25 listed against).

And Dieck got 2.32 levels. Yeah, I know, I use him a lot. Lance looks like he may not suck for once. I considered getting the patch for making fixed mode but decided against it. Not sure why, though when I started (last night) my internet connection wasn't working but I wanted to play anyway so I couldn't download the patch. I hope he'll start getting luck, though, because I can't let him constantly face death chances unless it's like 0.1% due to needing to miss a OHKO and get hit and get criticaled in order to die. Guess I'd better get to work on his supports, then. +5 cev when he gets a CC.

Chapter 3

13 turns.

Roy	4.40	21hp	5	7	9	8	5	1
Alan	3.76	22hp	8	5	7	4	6	0
Marcus	2.25	32hp	9	15	12	10	10	8
Lance	3.89	21hp	7	7	10	2	6	2
Wolt	3.38	20hp	4	4	6	3	6	1
Bors	1.32	20hp	7	4	3	4	11	0
Merlinus no exp
Ward	2.63	28hp	8	3	5	4	3	0
Lot	4.13	29hp	7	6	7	2	4	2
Thany	4.91	18hp	4	8	15	5	6	6
Ellen	4.09	17hp	2	6	9	9	0	7
Dieck	8.62	29hp	9	13	12	7	6	1
Lugh	1.85	16hp	4	5	6	5	3	5
Chad	1.16	16hp	3	3	10	4	2	0

(edit: oops, messed up Chad an Lugh. Nobody told me!)

[spoiler=Chapter 3]And yes, Thany's str and lck are sucking and Lot got only res. Yay Lot. And Marcus got skill + speed + def. Go Marcus. You always seem to get spd blessed for me (by one whole point, woot). And then Dieck and his 60+% spd growth is working like usual. Oh, what? He only has 30%? Coulda fooled me with this game and last game. Of course, his str hasn't moved this time. Oh well. Maybe I should have waited until my connection worked so that I could have normal stats for everyone using the fixed patch I never downloaded after Colonel M told me where to find it. (Go Lance and your res!)

Anyway, had Lance and Alan duo the three enemies on the left and recruit Lugh and rescue him over to the action so that he could help Marcus with the armors. He tanked the first one on enemy phase (unnecessary dodge because he never got attacked after) and 2RKOd it with 4 hits. The second got attacked by Marcus and then I walked up with Lugh and noticed what I noticed when I recruited Lugh (and subsequently forgot). The stationary armor proc'd 3 spd and thus Lugh doesn't double. Oops. But I noticed before hitting A to attack so I had Lot attack first with hand axe. He doubles and does just enough damage in one hit to let Lugh OHKO (hence it was pretty safe and he indeed missed once). (Lot was down there because he helped Chad get Lugh there and then helped Marcus get Chad within 6 of the Halberd chest before attacking the stationary armor next turn.) Would have probably 12 turned if I'd had Chad use the vulnerary on the turn Marcus picked him up but I was being cheap. Thought I could get away with not healing him. Then I noticed that the javelin cav that appeared on turn 10 just happens to be able to OHKO my injured 12 hp/2def Chad with his 13 mt + WTA (Chad lands on the chest on turn 11 for me, one later than he did for dondon). Oops. Needed Dieck to help Thany block rather than meet the boss on turn 11 enemy phase. Oh well. Because Mr. "I want speed rather than strength" hasn't proc'd str yet Dieck was a 3HKO so I needed someone to cause damage and the hammer was MIA. Or more like Ward was a little too far and Lot was playing with Marcus. Roy with his trusty Rapier started off the boss (only needed one out of two to hit at around 60 listed or something. Got one + crit. What a waste of one use of the rapier) and Alan + Lance got him out of there and Dieck KOd. Roy seized next turn.

Rewinding a bit, Marcus took the hand axe when the flood of 4 cavs appeared thanks to my love of Lugh and hard mode enjoying extra reinforcements on this map (yeah, I landed on Lugh's village on turn 5). None of the sword ones managed to proc 8 speed and the javelin ones have a -2 on their attack speed anyway so I didn't even notice if they were fast or not. Marcus drew in 6 enemies and 4 of them were able to attack + get countered. He left two of them very near death and so Wolt + Thany KOd those two (Wolt doubling and needing just one hit at over 70 listed. Thany in a similar situation). Thanks to Wolt's KO Marcus could move and finish off the hand axe dude with 100% accuracy with an iron sword (letting Thany move to finish off the javelin guy that got left with <5hp). Roy took out the injured sword using cav (Marcus got one of two hits in with hand axe on enemy phase which was just enough for Roy to OHKO with Rapier). And so 2 enemies that 3HKOd everything they could attack remained (well, like 10HKO Marcus or something, but who cares about him? Also 4HKO on Lot so I let him attack on player phase and he up and dodged on me). I could have taken a risk with my injured Dieck pulling two 80%s with the iron blade to KO the second sword cav but just decided to leave it for enemy phase + next player phase (had Marcus missed the sword cav on enemy phase completely Dieck would have helped Roy to KO). Thany got healed repeatedly and took as much enemy phase as I could give her. Her iron lance is at 33/45 and her slim at 17/30 and her javelin at 18/20. All those nice soldiers up the middle that she 4HKOs with pretty good accuracy and brings down to many other units' OHKO range after 2 hits. If someone has to take the enemy phase, it might as well be her.

Going back to the ending, Thany doubled and 4HKOd the sword wielding cav with ~85 listed hit. You can probably guess she missed once (turn 10 enemy phase so had her attack javelin dude on turn 11 instead). This is part of why I was in the situation with Chad and the javelin guy in the first place. Needed Wolt + Roy to finish off the cav with 17 hp instead of 11 hp (Thany does 2x 6 damage). I think (but I'm not sure) that either Roy or Wolt could have finished the two unit barricade of the javelin cav letting Dieck move into position for the boss. Or I could have just self-healed Chad back on turn 10 in the first place rather than be cheap. sigh. I mean, it's not like I didn't buy 3 vulneraries back in chapter 2 anyway.

When I played this chapter on my last playthrough I ended up with 15 turns because I used Thany + Marcus on the left rather than Alan + Lance. The cavs were such a pain to get through. Marcus + team made short work of them all, though. I particularly liked the 2 that appeared on turn 3 where Marcus ORKOd the javelin guy (I forget whether that was iron axe or iron lance, but Marcus had 99% hit) and the sword guy was doomed (forget what I did).

Of course, Marcus' speed proc means any 8 spd cavs in chapter 4 are now boned. Oops. (Um, Dieck has 12 spd too, doesn't he? I really should have used the fixed patch, should I have?)

Also, Bors is having his own string of luck. I didn't let him get a kill so you can probably tell he's been in 3 battles. He's never been hit once. At all. And each battle (I think) had over 70% hit for the enemy. Listed. Yeah. Not like it ever mattered, of course, just thought that was funny. Wolt's been having the least combat luck, though, considering he's probably the unit that has missed the most 70 to 80 listed hit attacks so far (both the total times and as a percent of such attacks attempted).

Edited by Narga_Rocks

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is probably the most interesting log to read just because of your writing style, Narga. Much better than my own. Hopefully you finish it soon too.

Halp I created conspiracy!

Nice detail by the way. I don't like writing a lot because, as you'll hopefully see later on, I like to narrate my playthrough. Of course I should probably finish the game first before doing so!

Can't wait to see what Sue does. As for using Thany offensively... Eh, go for it. To me it isn't worth it that much. Her flying is pro enough for me anyway.

I get the feeling I'm going to be able to do chapter 3 faster than that...

But hey, I'll gladly add in my name to my topic (that no one reads anyways) to differentiate easier.

Not sure how much of your 10 turn of chapter 2 was bad luck, but it doesn't seem that hard to do in 8 turns.

Also, for shame you have Boris unleveled by now. Even worse, it seems I have my cav levels at the start of chapter 3 what you have them at at the start of chapter 4, and yet somehow I am currently beating you by 2 turns. Then again, maybe that's because you seem to be shoving all that exp down Thany's throat, also Deick (he's great and all, but come on, a tad much for him at this point in time?). Then again, maybe that's due to what I did in chapter 1 of which scored me a lot of chip exp wouldn't have normally gotten from Marcus otherwise doing all the work, so perhaps that was just more due to my incredibly psychotic strategy (in that I didn't really have one and just went nuts).

I wouldn't worry too much about Marcus getting the boss kill in chapter 1 though. If you're going to do it in 7 turns, you pretty much HAVE to give it to him, along with forgoing a possible 2 kills.

Couldn't resist the urge to join the bandwagon, could ya?

Edited by Cait Sith

I get the feeling I'm going to be able to do chapter 3 faster than that...

But hey, I'll gladly add in my name to my topic (that no one reads anyways) to differentiate easier.

Not sure how much of your 10 turn of chapter 2 was, but it doesn't seem that hard to do in 8 turns.

Also, for shame you have Boris unleveled by now. Even worse, it seems I have my cav levels at the start of chapter 3 what you have them at at the start of chapter 4, and yet somehow I am currently beating you by 2 turns. Then again, maybe that's because you seem to be shoving all that exp down Thany's throat, also Deick (he's great and all, but come on, a tad much for him at this point in time?). Then again, maybe that's due to what I did in chapter 1 of which scored me a lot of chip exp wouldn't have normally gotten from Marcus otherwise doing all the work, so perhaps that was just more due to my incredibly psychotic strategy (in that I didn't really have one and just went nuts).

I wouldn't worry too much about Marcus getting the boss kill in chapter 1 though. If you're going to do it in 7 turns, you pretty much HAVE to give it to him, along with forgoing a possible 2 kills.

Couldn't resist the urge to join the bandwagon, could ya?

Well, remember if I had been a little smarter in chapter 2 I could have done 9 and if Marcus had've dodged I could have done 7 in chapter 1, so who knows? I could restart if you are that annoyed I'm at 2 more turns than you, but I don't think I'll need to give Dieck fewer levels to pull it off. Thany maybe, since I could send her after MarcusMerlinus and the armorslayer one turn earlier to hopefully pull off 8 like you did. It was helpful to have her with the crowd at the forts, though. Lots of enemies and only 4 units until the rest get there.

And yeah, you'll probably beat my chapter 3 by at least one. I've mostly been comparing with Colonel M's turncount, not what you may do. I'll probably finish about twice as fast as you, too, given what you've done in your other playthroughs (starting fe6 before finishing fe10? bad GJ). You'll have lots of numbers to beat. I'm even going to sacae (I think you said you would).

What would really impress me is if you can beat dondon's. Try to open both chests before turn 11. I got them both open by turn 12 and would have finished on 12 if I'd healed Chad when I was able to instead of being cheap. I won't be impressed by 12 turns if you do that.

Also do remember I'm taking a lot more 90%+ hit rates that 3HKO rather than gambling on 70% hit rates that 2HKO. eg: Marcus has used his silver lance precisely once. I'm just not willing to gamble on low hit weapons as much. Well, I tried once to go with lower hit rates and Ward ended up missing once and people died. Then I redid my chapter 3 strategy completely differently to avoid lower hit rates as much as possible.

edit: corrected an instance in which I typed "Marcus" rather than "Merlinus"

also, I'd considered making a playthrough log for my first HM playthrough a few weeks ago. I chose not to, but it's not really getting on the bandwagon. It's like I was strongly considering making the log and then all these other logs is like the straw that broke the camel's back. I just figured "why not"?

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Well, remember if I had been a little smarter in chapter 2 I could have done 9 and if Marcus had've dodged I could have done 7 in chapter 1, so who knows? I could restart if you are that annoyed I'm at 2 more turns than you, but I don't think I'll need to give Dieck fewer levels to pull it off. Thany maybe, since I could send her after MarcusMerlinus and the armorslayer one turn earlier to hopefully pull off 8 like you did. It was helpful to have her with the crowd at the forts, though. Lots of enemies and only 4 units until the rest get there.

Nah nah, it's cool, do continue, I was just sort of gloating in my own lazy run. Still though, giving Thany exp might not be necessary, and even then I would think there is a trade-off. If you don't promote her early, her combat will suck in the isles, end of story. If you do promote her, she's not as able to rescue-drop people. Then honestly ask yourself how many combats you will seriously need to have up to snuff for the later portions. That's why I'm not training Thany, I think her flying utility is enough.

Also, why would you have Marcus go after the Armorslayer? There's a soldier down south he should be bitchslapping to make easy feed to whoever else is in range of it (everyone). Have Merlinus get it, have him run south to the vendor to buy a couple vulneries, and have Thany fly towards that location. Problem solved, except now Marcus is able to show his use early on in the chapter, and more able to help in rescue-drops, such as rushing Roy to the throne. I garuntee you'll get Merlinus to the shop in time before Roy sits on the throne. Can even get some of his bought goods spread out among Thany/Walt/Boris so they can trade out with your main guys so they don't have to run back to Merlinus and dig through his stash.

And yeah, you'll probably beat my chapter 3 by at least one. I've mostly been comparing with Colonel M's turncount, not what you may do. I'll probably finish about twice as fast as you, too, given what you've done in your other playthroughs (starting fe6 before finishing fe10? bad GJ). You'll have lots of numbers to beat. I'm even going to sacae (I think you said you would).

When I say this, I mean more than just 1 or 2 turns. This map looks far easier than that.

What would really impress me is if you can beat dondon's. Try to open both chests before turn 11. I got them both open by turn 12 and would have finished on 12 if I'd healed Chad when I was able to instead of being cheap. I won't be impressed by 12 turns if you do that.

Forgot about that, but regardless I think it's possible.

Also do remember I'm taking a lot more 90%+ hit rates that 3HKO rather than gambling on 70% hit rates that 2HKO. eg: Marcus has used his silver lance precisely once. I'm just not willing to gamble on low hit weapons as much. Well, I tried once to go with lower hit rates and Ward ended up missing once and people died. Then I redid my chapter 3 strategy completely differently to avoid lower hit rates as much as possible.

Regardless, we'll just have to see.

And yes, I am also going to Sacae.

Nah nah, it's cool, do continue, I was just sort of gloating in my own lazy run. Still though, giving Thany exp might not be necessary, and even then I would think there is a trade-off. If you don't promote her early, her combat will suck in the isles, end of story. If you do promote her, she's not as able to rescue-drop people. Then honestly ask yourself how many combats you will seriously need to have up to snuff for the later portions. That's why I'm not training Thany, I think her flying utility is enough.

I don't really need her to attack the axers that much in the isles anyway. There are other enemies to attack there and a later promotion helps her out later on more than Thany-swords help me in the isles. Or at least, I think they do. Oh, and the only important unit that can't be rescue-dropped by promoted Thany is promoted Gonzo, and I may or may not actually use him. Even if I do, I wouldn't promote him until level 19 or 20 anyway so she'd still be able to carry him for a little while.

Also, why would you have Marcus go after the Armorslayer? There's a soldier down south he should be bitchslapping to make easy feed to whoever else is in range of it (everyone). Have Merlinus get it, have him run south to the vendor to buy a couple vulneries, and have Thany fly towards that location. Problem solved, except now Marcus is able to show his use early on in the chapter, and more able to help in rescue-drops, such as rushing Roy to the throne. I garuntee you'll get Merlinus to the shop in time before Roy sits on the throne. Can even get some of his bought goods spread out among Thany/Walt/Boris so they can trade out with your main guys so they don't have to run back to Merlinus and dig through his stash.

Marcus was a typo, sorry about that. It would be a bad idea for anyone but Merlinus to do it. I've made that typo before (plenty), but normally catch it before posting stuff.

Yeah, I used Marcus quite extensively on turns 1 and 2 and 3 to get by that initial set of enemies. And he was probably the first unit over to help Dieck et all.

I had Merlinus go to the armory first and the vendor second, though, since I was having Thany assist with the forts (hey, she 4HKOs the soldiers with slim and Dieck w/ iron sword + Thany with slim lance are able to 3HKO the things so she doesn't even face a counter and has around 90% hit or something. They are slow enough she even doubles most of them with javelin so she gets two shots to OHKO them if I want better positioning). I guess I should have had her fly away one turn earlier, though, to make an 8 turn possible for me. Merlinus reached his trade location one turn before her anyway (I made the typo again only fixed it this time before posting).

Anyway, I'm probably the only one using Thany (offensively) and sue (and maybe/probably Fir) so I want to get it out there and (hopefully) show what they can do (in a good way). Otherwise I probably wouldn't have made this.

I considered using Sue, and then I decided I didn't care. Maybe Shin though.

And I guess you'll do the same as the Colonel and split for Ilia/Sacae?

And yeah, I know I let Wolt do a lot when I probably shouldn't need to. It's just a thing. Last time he hit 5.07 before getting dropped. And he's already faster this time with one level than he was last time with 4. Of course, he got to 6 str last time which he may not reach this time, but whatever. Anyway, he made my life easier.

Ugh, I hate Wolt. He's a less accurate Leonardo that doesn't even give decent support bonuses. I don't know what's up with IS, but they seriously have a fetish for Ice affinity Snipers. I'd like him a lot more if he didn't have 70% displayed on everything in the universe and 50% on everything fast.

Chapter 3

13 turns.

You are beating me already... ;_;

Of course, Marcus' speed proc means any 8 spd cavs in chapter 4 are now boned. Oops. (Um, Dieck has 12 spd too, doesn't he? I really should have used the fixed patch, should I have?)

I didn't get anyone with 12AS in time for C4. In fact, I didn't even have anyone with 11AS except Marcus. Him and Lot basically did 90% of all the work.

Well, it's nice to have some more competition another playlog to read, and good luck!

I considered using Sue, and then I decided I didn't care. Maybe Shin though.

Mainly because of her ability to butcher Sacae and make Shin a god there. No other reasons. I decided she's worth the trouble she faces early because of her returns in Sacae. I could be wrong, but who cares? It's my playthrough.

And I guess you'll do the same as the Colonel and split for Ilia/Sacae?

Not likely. I'd have to split my game at chapter 6. I don't think I'd raise Sue for Ilia, though she would have 4 move through the forests (everyone else has 3 or less except fliers) and be able to OHKO the pegs. Still, though, I refuse to raise Tate so I end up with like a 15 level Sacae buffer due to having Sue + Shin vs. only Thany.

Ugh, I hate Wolt. He's a less accurate Leonardo that doesn't even give decent support bonuses. I don't know what's up with IS, but they seriously have a fetish for Ice affinity Snipers. I'd like him a lot more if he didn't have 70% displayed on everything in the universe and 50% on everything fast.

I love Wolt because there are generally few consequences of a Wolt miss. He's more accurate than Lance and Alan are with javelins so I don't have a problem with him. I mean, sure, he's like #1 on my 70+ miss list right now (aside from enemies attacking Bors) but his misses haven't actually cost me anything so far. I guess I may have gotten lucky with his timing since there are some attacks of his that would have been more troublesome had he missed. But at the same time the only units doing better hit-wise in chapter 1 are Alan/Lance/Marcus using iron swords on fighters. And chapter 2 adds Dieck w/ Iron Sword and Thany w/ Slim Lance to the mix.

He's certainly more accurate than Lot/Ward w/ Steel Axe (haven't even used it yet, I think) or Marcus w/ silver lance against axes (possibly even against lances) or things like that. Too bad about his 4 base skill, though. One thing about Leonardo, as soon as chapter 1-4 comes he should never miss another shot. Forge him an iron bow and he'll hit stuff reliably until his insane skill/luck growths start working for you and he won't even need the forge. Then the Lughnasadh shows up and him missing is about as common as ... something really uncommon. Can't think of anything interesting.

You are beating me already... ;_;

Yeah, but I hate chapter 5 so we may end up tied after that. Guess we'll see what we shall see.

I didn't get anyone with 12AS in time for C4. In fact, I didn't even have anyone with 11AS except Marcus. Him and Lot basically did 90% of all the work.

Yeah, whatever my turncount is for chapter 4 will be kinda tainted. But isn't Lot doubled while wielding the Halberd? 7 - 3 = 4 AS. Lots of those things have 8 AS. I remember him being 3HKOd and doubled making it difficult to use him on much.

Well, it's nice to have some more competition another playlog to read, and good luck!

Well, it'll only help you if I can pass you. Otherwise your only useful logs would be dondon's and Colonel M's. But if you are paranoid about enemy crits or your own misses then mine may be more in line with your playstyle.

edit:

oh, I should probably keep track of $ and what I buy.

Um, chapter 2:

3 or 4 iron swords (can't recall)  (460 * 4 = 1840)
3 iron lances                      (360 * 3 = 1080)
3 javelins                         (400 * 3 = 1200)
1 iron bow                         (540 * 1 =  540)
3 vulneraries.                     (300 * 3 =  900)

Total cost:                                   5560

Guess I'll see when next I load if I have 7440 or something different. Hopefully I didn't get it wrong. 5000 (start) + 5000 (village in chapter 1) + 3000 (chest in chapter 3) - 5560 = 7440.

The bow is because Sue and Shin ran out last playthrough and I figured I may as well get one now. I think I may need another, too, though I could be wrong.

I will even state on what turns I got what support levels, if I remember to type it as it happens.

Edited by Narga_Rocks
Added Funds Info

What? I don't hate Fir...

...Why so negative at me? ;_; I thought I was cool pimping Miledy and using cool characters like Lot. Guess my negativity at Fir atm is what's costing me the viewers. :/

Mainly because of her ability to butcher Sacae and make Shin a god there. No other reasons. I decided she's worth the trouble she faces early because of her returns in Sacae. I could be wrong, but who cares? It's my playthrough.

Not likely. I'd have to split my game at chapter 6. I don't think I'd raise Sue for Ilia, though she would have 4 move through the forests (everyone else has 3 or less except fliers) and be able to OHKO the pegs. Still, though, I refuse to raise Tate so I end up with like a 15 level Sacae buffer due to having Sue + Shin vs. only Thany.

I plan to split for Sacae/Ilia. And surely you wouldn't need to split until Chapter 9? Use Sue from C6-8 and then drop her for Ilia and keep her for Sacae? I guess it's still a long time, like 2/3rds of the whole playthrough, and if you early-promote Thany you'd still have a lot of levels for her to overcome.

Yeah, but I hate chapter 5 so we may end up tied after that. Guess we'll see what we shall see.

My turn count for chapter 5 was fairly crappy myself, and I'm not happy with the amount of luck I used to pull it off. I may still redo it, although I've already cleared C6 so it's unlikely. Then again, my C6 clear leaves much to be desired, everyone was all over the place since I felt like fighting allllll the reinforcements despite not having any records of when they actually pop up. And also Dorothy died, but that doesn't bother me so much.

Yeah, whatever my turncount is for chapter 4 will be kinda tainted. But isn't Lot doubled while wielding the Halberd? 7 - 3 = 4 AS. Lots of those things have 8 AS. I remember him being 3HKOd and doubled making it difficult to use him on much.

My Lot had 9 speed by that point. Still got doubled by Nomads *shrug*. As I recall, he was generally 4HKOed as well. Only a single super-freaky Cav procced 18ATK, all the others had 16 or less, and Lot had 32HP/5DEF. GOOD TIMES.

Well, it'll only help you if I can pass you. Otherwise your only useful logs would be dondon's and Colonel M's. But if you are paranoid about enemy crits or your own misses then mine may be more in line with your playstyle.

I am not so selfishly motivated, Narga, I am reading this because it is interesting. And you will probably overtake me, I will need to do a lot of homework over the next week when I go back to university.

Narga is doing a PT log?Awesome. Keep it up,and good to see you are using Sue/most likely Fir.Although the apparent Tate hate makes Ether very sad... :(

I don't hate her. But she starts with D lances and 2 more str than a level 11 Thany will have at that point. Except Thany (mine anyway) has A lances and thus can wield 14 mt weapons with only 10 wt. Tate could use Gant's Lance for a total of 3 less mt than Thany.

level 11 Thany:

21.5 hp, 7 str, 11.5 skl, 18 spd, 11 luck, 7 def, 7.5 res.

(And I normally give her the robe).

28.5 hp.

Base Tate:

27.85 hp, 9.15 str, 11.6 skl, 14.6 spd, 6.15 luck, 8.08 def, 8.25 res.

My big issues are:

big cev differential

and

9.6 AS with Gant Lance or 6.6 AS with steel lance to have 18 mt or 19 mt

vs

12 AS with Silver Lance for 21 mt.

That's a large AS gap. Even give her Gant Lance for 16 mt (Thany loses mt by 2) she still wins AS by 2 or 3.

And if you happen to promote Thany early for swords in Ilia? Curbstomp.

11/1 Thany

27.5 hp, 9 str, 13.5 skl, 20 spd, 11 luck, 9 def, 9.5 res. (and a robe makes 34.5 hp)

Tate needs two levels before promotion and will only have C lances anyway to Thany's A (that is even easier to get due to the +1 from promotion).

Thany then has 23 mt with Silver lances and 18 mt with Gant Lance and 15 AS with them.

It's just too much effort for Tate. If she started with C Lances I might consider it. Also I use too many characters as is.

Sorry if you like Tate.

edit: I have 8300 for some reason to start chapter 4, so I have no clue what happened. Clearly there is an extra 860 that I didn't spend. Maybe 3 iron swords and 2 javelins rather than 4 and 3.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Chapter 4

10 turns. <- forgot to add the most important part :facepalm:

Roy	4.94	21hp	5	7	9	8	5	1
Alan	4.50	23hp	9	5	8	4	7	1
Marcus	2.59	32hp	9	15	12	10	10	8
Lance	4.68	22hp	8	8	10	3	7	2
Wolt	3.58	20hp	4	4	6	3	6	1
Bors	1.42	20hp	7	4	3	4	11	0
Merlinus no exp
Ward	2.64	28hp	8	3	5	4	3	0
Lot	4.85	29hp	7	6	7	2	4	2
Thany	5.50	19hp	4	8	15	6	6	6
Ellen	5.00	17hp	2	6	9	9	0	8
Dieck	10.70	30hp	10	13	12	9	7	2
Lugh	3.02	17hp	5	5	7	5	3	5
Chad	1.47	16hp	3	3	10	4	2	0
Clarine	1.22	15hp	2	5	9	8	2	5
Rutger	4.11	26hp	9	14	15	3	5	1

Bought:

1 fire

1 heal

1 slim lance

1 iron axe

3 hand axe

5660 remains.

C Lance + Alan on turn 6. No other supports.

Rutger's bases:

26 hp (up), 9 str (up), 14 skl, 15 spd, 3 lck (down), 5 def (down), 1 res (up). Decent, though I would have appreciated 4 luck and 6 def, but what can you do?

And Lugh isn't doing so hot on his levels, either.

[spoiler=Chapter 4]Well, Roy missed with a 93% listed hit on turn 1 enemy phase when I needed him to deal 13 of 28 damage to a cav. Yay Roy. At least Roy is 3HKOd in return so he could still attack. And I got a bit of luck since the sword cav missed on turn 2 (he'd never have had that opportunity if Roy had hit the first time, though). Marcus was placed to draw the two iron lance cavs so he pulled out an iron axe. Nomad attacked Lugh even though Marcus couldn't counter. I love this game's AI.

My extra spd with Marcus and Dieck is mostly canceled by my paranoia about Lot getting crit-blicked. He has 2 luck and nearly all (or completely all) of the cavs have 3 crit or more. Hence, he only attacked with a hand axe from 2 range on player phase. No Halberd, period. Maybe I should have used Ward and his 4 luck, though. Oh well. He's good at getting the door key (well, maybe one of the worst given he starts 3 turns away, but whatever).

Bors' dodge streak ended when he got hit twice by the iron lance cav he attacked. Thany still hasn't gotten str after 4 levels and missed one of two 77%s on the nomad (89.65% true, aka over 80% to hit twice) causing Lugh to be unable to OHKO. Lot got lucky and hit a low 50s hit, but I don't feel bad given all the high hit misses that screwed over my first two turns. Alan pulled off a 46% on the thing Thany missed (that would have died from Lugh had she hit) so it balances, I guess, aside from who got the exp. Marcus would have OHKOd with iron sword had Alan missed so the balance let him go forward and draw more stuff. Made a miscalculation with Roy and he dodged. Probably should have restarted because of that but oh well. It wouldn't have been much different to prevent that, I think.

And did anybody else know that the enemy ignores Clarine (at least on turn 4)?

Rutger has 3 luck. And so:

I hate being crit-blicked. Rutger faces 3 crit. Dieck faces 0. Dieck has 10 str, Rutger has 9. Dieck doesn't double, but he does 1 more damage and isn't crit-blicked. Also, there is an archer that has 1% crit on Rutger as well and he isn't dead yet. Dieck can take boss + archer with no COD. Now, sure, Rutger has 1 more crit (14 skl vs. 13 skl) and only 1 less hit (3 luck vs 8 luck gives 1 vs 4) and he doubles but I'm not taking the risk. Turn 8 put Thany in 2 range of boss with javelin equipped (just fast enough to not be doubled with jav to jav). Both miss (not like it matters). Dieck attacks boss on turn 9 and we begin the attack (he hit, boss missed, Ellen was in position with mounted support to heal and get away had Dieck been hit anyway).

Dieck criticaled on enemy phase (21 damage) dropping the boss to 10 hp (the boss had taken a 6 damage attack from Dieck on turn 9 and auto-healed to 31 hp). Boss had equipped steel sword to attack Dieck at 1 range. Poor stupid boss. Why not use WTA? Lugh attacks and does 7 damage (and faces no counter because boss is not an fe4 boss, thank goodness). Dieck finishes with iron sword (highest accuracy weapon) for 3 damage on the dot. Poor boss. Yeah, I know I got a bit lucky due to no misses and all, but I had a lot of units prepared to pull rescue shinanigans in order to get enough units to attack the boss such that he would die even with a couple of misses thrown in. All I needed, really, was a single crit out of 3 possible attempts. More if I let Rutger have a go despite the crits.

That archer? Rutger with iron sword + Thany with slim lance left him with 1 hp and allowed Thany to reach C lances. If Thany had her 1.2 str she's supposed to have she'd have another kill now. Good news for Lance.

The rest of the chapter was a fair amount of Marcus weaken + others kill. Roy played a decent part and has 9 uses of the Rapier remaining. He started with 13. Thany isn't as useful due to not procing str and having low enough damage on most of these enemies even if she does proc str. Also 11 attack speed with iron wasn't enough on most cavs to double with that so she was stuck with 8 mt if she wants to double, meaning like 1 damage if that. 2 or 3 on sword cavs.

Marcus drew Rutger's friends (though only one could attack) while everyone (including Marcus) stayed out of Rutger's range. Gave Marcus a hand axe for the fighter + archer, but because the archer goes last there was no way for him to attack and get countered. Urg. Only killed one pirate during the map (with Lance, Alan then picked him up and carried him closer to the gate). Attacked one more after killing the boss on the same turn before Roy seized. Ward missed, hence the 1 exp. Lot hit.

edit: Forgot to mention Merlinus. Busy hugging the coastline while staying out of enemy ranges and moving towards the shops and the Angelic Robe village.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

I feel ya, I hate chapter 4. Great big pain in the ass, and I'm not looking forward to it.

Interesting factoid though. I'm sure you know of what we're currently discussing through notes. That in mind, I somehow managed to get Lot and Ward to C in that time (yet my cavs and Roy are not quite, apparently). If you were able to do the same, Lot's crit displayed would have gone down to 1 or perhaps nulled out thanks to his Anima affinity.

...In the very least, Ward and Lot are capable of a C as soon as chapter 4.

Chapter 5

13 turns

Roy	5.48	22hp	5	8	10	9	5	1
Alan	5.30	24hp	9	5	8	4	7	1       C Lance
Marcus	3.64	32hp	9	16	12	11	11	8
Lance	5.63	23hp	8	8	10	4	7	2       C Alan
Wolt	3.85	20hp	4	4	6	3	6	1
Bors	1.42	20hp	7	4	3	4	11	0
Merlinus no exp
Ward	2.64	28hp	8	3	5	4	3	0       C Lot
Lot	4.86	29hp	7	6	7	2	4	2       C Ward
Thany	5.61	19+7hp	4	8	15	6	6	6
Ellen	5.46	17hp	2	6	9	9	0	8
Dieck	12.20	32hp	11	14	13	10	8	3
Lugh	4.13	17hp	6	6	7	5	3	5
Chad	1.47	16hp	3	3	10	4	2	0
Clarine	1.79	15hp	2	5	9	8	2	5
Rutger	5.45	27hp	9	14	15	3	6	1

C Lot + Ward turn 3

Merlinus visited village, Lot or Ward (forget which) visited shop.

Bought:

2 door keys.

5560 remaining.

Yeah, some levels aren't going so well. Lance got only luck. Alan got only hp. Rutger got hp + def. Thany has 4 levels and no str. Roy has 4 levels and no str. And Dieck has 3 out of 7 speed. Go Dieck. Plus side, I suppose, is that Roy has +.8 hp, + 1 skl, +1.4 spd. Downside is -1.6 str, -1 def, -.4 lck, -.2 res. Oh well.

[spoiler=Chapter 5]Dieck was transported to southern fort using Lance + Clarine. Rutger rescue dropped closer (by like 1 square) using Lot + Ward. Rutger sadly faces a bunch of 1% and 3% crits but there isn't much choice here. At least he's on a fort for this (from turn 2 on) to make the chance of getting hit at all lower making his COD lower than last chapter's boss. Dieck was safe and doubled anything with 8 attack speed or less, meaning all the steel axe or hand axe users (none had 9 spd before their -1 from the wt of hand axe) got doubled. The iron axe ones have either 8 or 9. Most things that proc'd 8 were using steel axe, though. Ugh.

Next turn saw Rutger KO what Dieck weakened (9 attack speed axe user) with help from Lugh or someone. Dieck ORKOd a hand axe fighter by using the iron blade with over 80 listed. Clarine + Alan to move him back on a fort. Axe users were simple enough to clear and I used Dieck w/ Killer + Rutger w/ Killer + Wolt to KO the merc. Yes, Wolt. 60+ listed is better than hand axes. Don't quite know what I would have done if he'd missed aside from hope the merc doesn't kill anything. Missed an opportunity to have Roy trade away the killing edge in Rutger's hand and wasted two uses.

Obviously had Marcus with javelin on the far west fort and his 12 speed pwned face because he doubled 3 out of 4 brigands and the idiot merc with a steel blade (honestly, -5 attack speed?). Barely missed the brigands ever, almost never got hit and healed nearly to full each player phase due to fort. 3HKOd the brigand he didn't double and never missed despite hit in the 60s. Honestly, until that stupid killing edge consistently failed to crit anything things were going great. He does well enough with 11 speed and not doubling that it's not a big deal that he doubled a bunch, but it made it hilarious. Oh, and because of stupid AI the brigands never got on the peaks. Oh well. sucks to be them. (The one that attacks Thany carrying Marcus on turn 2 can only stand where he is on plains if to attack Marcus on turn 3. And since he was 4HKOd and Marcus didn't miss that meant enemy phase + player phase = dead dude. And since none of the other 3 can actually reach the peak that is in range of Marcus from their positions of attack on turn 3 enemy phase, well, they never go there, either. 12 spd Marcus is awesome.)

Thanks to Thany carrying Rutger my first attack against the boss happened on turn 10. Okay, not great when you consider dondon seized on turn 10, but I hate this chapter with a passion so I don't care. 3 attacks with killer later and there is still no crit. Rutger had gotten hit on the first series (stupid bosses hitting with under 25 listed, hardly the first time). Marcus hit C on the last merc so I had him attack with killer on turn 11. He would have killed with a crit. No crit. At least the boss didn't pull his 22 listed on him. Because of the killer axe I had to carry these people out each time because I'm not risking a 20+% crit rate to OHKO anyone (boss keeps hand axe equipped this way). Couldn't attack on turn 12 at all because of bad positioning with Lugh and Dieck on turn 11 (not really paying attention, I guess, too pissed at the non-crits) prevented Dieck from reaching the boss on turn 12 (Lugh was 5 away instead of Dieck) and Clarine/Ellen couldn't reach Rutger for healing and Marcus was in Thany's arms because no other units were in range to take+drop. Turn 13 healed Rutger and he (yet again) failed to crit. That's 5 out of 5 failures, now. And being fed up with non-crits, I finished the boss with an attack from Lance + an attack from Dieck both using iron swords (after all those failures the boss had reached the killable range from weaker weapons. In fact, Dieck could have OHKOd with iron blade but I was worried about a miss). I was strongly tempted to ctrl + B and abuse to force a crit. Idiots.

Now, earlier I was doing great. Had Marcus on turn 8 stand at two range from the boss and attack the last merc with a javelin. 3HKO. Merc got hit on player phase, walked up and attacked on enemy phase and got hit. Boss attacked Marcus with hand axe (0% crit) and each of them missed. Didn't really care about Marcus missing with like 40something hit. KOd the merc with iron sword (and pulled C swords on that kill).

Rutger also only faced 1% crit from this boss so I was more willing to risk it because of the 24 listed. I figured that compared to 3% crit at 50+ listed was much more reasonable.

Poor Thany didn't attack anything but a hand axe user one time, I think. Too much flying utility, I guess.

Anyway, I should have pulled off 12 turns but the RNG hated me. I think I didn't have Roy close enough for an 11 turn had the RNG liked me, though, so I was only off by 1 from what I could have done due to the thing.

I messed up a bit with Marcus' equipment ordering and didn't have the two javelins at the top and I didn't want him switching to javelin should one break. Thany was held back a turn from her escape so I probably could have gotten Rutger to the boss a turn earlier and if Dieck didn't miss the last fighter on turn 8 or 9 (can't remember) then I think I could have gotten Roy down there earlier. If I did it again maybe I could pull off 11 if I didn't get too unlucky, but I think 11 is the lowest I'd be able to figure out. Oh well. 13 it is. Better than the 17 I did last time around by a fair amount, anyway.

I feel ya, I hate chapter 4. Great big pain in the ass, and I'm not looking forward to it.

Interesting factoid though. I'm sure you know of what we're currently discussing through notes. That in mind, I somehow managed to get Lot and Ward to C in that time (yet my cavs and Roy are not quite, apparently). If you were able to do the same, Lot's crit displayed would have gone down to 1 or perhaps nulled out thanks to his Anima affinity.

...In the very least, Ward and Lot are capable of a C as soon as chapter 4.

Well, while it was troublesome at times (only the boss and his massive 6 crit, really), I actually kinda like that chapter, to be honest. I despise chapter 5 with a passion bordering on insanity, though. Wouldn't redo chapter 5 for anything.

Lot + Ward for me didn't get any support points in chapter 3 because I sent Ward after the southeast village. As you can see, I got them to C pretty early in chapter 5 so it's possible you could do it in chapter 4, even if not at the beginning then soon after. Anima gives him +2 cev to add to his 4 luck giving him 4 cev and none of the cavs (I think) had 10 skill. Not sure any of the chapter 4 Nomads did, either, actually.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

I've tried to use Thany as a combat unit several times and each time I've been disappointed. She only really doubles with Slim, her Str sucks, she gets 2HKOD by just about everything, she has to take counters unless she wants really low Mt and accuracy, and she gets OHKOD by bows a lot.

The only flying unit in this game I like to use as a combat unit is Miledy (I need to try out zeiss next playthrough though).

I've tried to use Thany as a combat unit several times and each time I've been disappointed. She only really doubles with Slim, her Str sucks, she gets 2HKOD by just about everything, she has to take counters unless she wants really low Mt and accuracy, and she gets OHKOD by bows a lot.

The only flying unit in this game I like to use as a combat unit is Miledy (I need to try out zeiss next playthrough though).

Thany > Zeis. My only trouble is that she isn't doing well with the RNG. Of course she'll never be nearly as good as Miledy but who is? Adequately leveled she doubles fine (except, like, swordmasters) and killers only cause -4. Too bad I have to wait until chapter 14 to use them. All I want from her is solid 2RKOing, and she can provide that on most enemies (while ORKOing mages) with proper leveling. Trouble is, if her 30% str growth ends up screwed she has real trouble. I am getting strongly tempted to abuse her and Roy to get them some actual str. Thany's down 1.2 and Roy is down 1.6 and this is not looking good at all.

Dieck: 3 out of 7 with 30%. (spd)

Thany: 0 out of 4 with 30%. (str)

Yeah. Dieck loves me. And apparently hates GJ.

Well, while it was troublesome at times (only the boss and his massive 6 crit, really), I actually kinda like that chapter, to be honest. I despise chapter 5 with a passion bordering on insanity, though. Wouldn't redo chapter 5 for anything.

You don't like the piles of forests that give +20 avo to all the enemies? Or the Bandits that like to sit on the throne peak?

Zeiss... Meh. I wouldn't bother with him for anything, really. IMHO, he just isn't worth the trouble - especially when I could have my choice of Thany, Tate and/or Miledy promoted by the time he shows his face. What's more, he has a mere D in lances. Not helping is the fact that the route split's rather unkind to him - Sacae, Short Bow Nomads that're unlikely to miss, and his shitty luck means that he faces crit chances. Ilia has quite a few Ballistae. tl;dr version - Zeiss needs to hog the Delphi Shield to NOT be a massive liability, and for what???

You'd be right in assuming Zeiss is pretty bad in Sacae. However...

10/1 Zeiss: 44 HP, 22 Str, 16 Skill, 14 Speed, 9 Luck, 17 Def, 4 Res

He's pretty awesome in Ilia. While he might not double falcoknights like Tate could, he has an easy time demolishing everything else. All Tate's really got on him is doubling with killers where he would only have one shot (since promotion boosts him to C). You also had to put far more effort into Tate where Zeiss only needs 3 levels.

He's not spectacular from thereon, but he's not outright useless.

First, Zeiss needs to get to 10/0 in order to promote. EXP gain is high but the likelihood of deployment, especially in chapter 16x, is fairly low, and Zeiss doesn't have really good offense either. He attacks once and has some unreliable accuracy. The ballistae in Ilia absolutely demolish him, though I guess they ruin Tate and Thany as well, but this is already well after their respective jointimes. You put effort and resources into Zeiss and he continually hits a brick wall.

I'm aware of his faults Dondon, just pointing out he's not exactly useless in Ilia.

Yeah, ballistae are a problem for him, but are probably a bigger problem for Tate. Killer and long range ballistae obviously fuck them both over, but at the least he's got 17 Def versus the 24 effective might on basic ballista, which is 7 damage to his 44 HP. Adding the archer strength in is a nice chunk (about 18 HP), but the most common threat here, pegasi, at best, would do 7 damage (14+10 with their steel). They still suck for him, but a 20/2 Tate would take about 23 damage from them with her 12 Def. 41 HP basically cuts her down to 18 HP, and pegasi can do up to 12 damage. A ballista and 2 pegasi versus a ballista and 4 pegasi. Zeiss sounds quite a bit safer to them.

However, I suppose Tate has existing avoid and supports on her side, so...