I'm gonna f*cking kill someone today

Jaybee

http://singaporedissident.blogspot.com/2010/04/singapore-silviu-ionescu.html

Seriously, this guy is an asshole. And I can't stand for my country being insulted like that by a cunt like him.

If a mod thinks that me censoring one of the words of the title still violates the rule of "No swearing in topic titles" then they can remove it.

Holy hell. The grammar in this blog is atrocious. Let's just look at the first sentence shall we?

The cardinal issues surrounding Lee Kuan Yew's Singapore government's demand that Silviu Ionescu, the former Romanian diplomat accused by Lee Kuan Yew's Singapore of a fatal hit and run accident in Lee's island is not only whether he was guilty of the accident; it is equally important whether he will get a fair trial in Singapore.

Okay, let's break it down. I've colored three segments, the subject, the verb, and a parenthetical phrase. Neglect for the moment that the author forgot to include the necessary comma to close off the purple phrase, and let's start by systematically trimming away some of the superfluous detail to get to the heart of the sentence.

"The cardinal issues demand that Silviu Inoescu is not only whether he was guilty of the accident."

I've replaced the semicolon here with a period, because that's legitimate; a semicolon adjoins two independent clauses, both must be able to make sense on their own. (The second clause is fine, by the way "It is equally important whether he will get a fair trial in Singapore." seems to be a valid sentence, though clearly likes a little bit of context to have full impact.)

What the hell is that sentence trying to say. Look at it. It doesn't make the slightest bit of sense.

A better core sentence might have been "The cardinal issue is not only whether he was guilty, but whether he will get a fair trial." However in the blogger's attempt to inflate his sense of self-worth by attempting to seem sophisticated (or perhaps just general incompetence) he's completely butchered the thing.

Typical of you Singapore folks. One little thing bothers you, just a person speaking their mind, and the first thing you jump to is an urge to kill and blatant disregard for established rule. You people are bad and you should feel bad, I hope you fucking sink!

Typical of you Singapore folks. One little thing bothers you, just a person speaking their mind, and the first thing you jump to is an urge to kill and blatant disregard for established rule. You people are bad and you should feel bad, I hope you fucking sink!

Fuck off, you American asshole.

Considering he doesn't even say his location, how are you sure death isn't some other kind of idiot? There's a lot of kinds.

And, um, besides, from what I can tell he was insulting the government rather than the country itself... or I'm completely missing the point here.

What does this taste like?

Man, it tastes like a certain metal... What was it called again? It began with an "i" I think... Gosh, this will bug me for the rest of the day.

On an unrelated note, isn't this the country that kills people for drug trafficking?

Edited by ZXValaRevan

Man, it tastes like a certain metal... What was it called again? It began with an "i" I think... Gosh, this will bug me for the rest of the day.

It's totally Iridium.

Also, umm... I think he's only talking about the Government, Joshy.

Edited by Tenshi Hinanawi

But that's got too much lanthanide contraction going for it to be only 26 protons...

Are you worrying about an inferior element? Get with the times kiddo. Iridium is where it's at.

Why the fuck does he have to be America? Unless you've got a good reason, I conclude you're a racist.

Stop instigating.

On an unrelated note, isn't this the country that kills people for drug trafficking?

Iron.

Oh wait...

If I badmouth you, can you tell me to fuck off too please :newyears:

(please imagine a large and somewhat incoherent area here which I devote to calling your country a steaming pile of elephant shit)

Indium?