Mafia HQ

Tables

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... that's true, actually. And your game seems like it'll be ending in perhaps a week, give or take. I'd still like to leave it a little longer though.

• 2 weeks later...

I just had an interesting idea that probably won't work... why not in the future use the Poll option to record votes? I'm not sure what limitations there are on it's use, but I know you can record who voted whom and whatever, and it certainly makes keeping track of votes more simple (and it's not like adjusting for double votes etc. is difficult either)

I just had an interesting idea that probably won't work... why not in the future use the Poll option to record votes? I'm not sure what limitations there are on it's use, but I know you can record who voted whom and whatever, and it certainly makes keeping track of votes more simple (and it's not like adjusting for double votes etc. is difficult either)

Ah, I remember that idea. For one thing, I'm not entirely sure if the Poll Creator can add or remove the options. And we have to make sure that observers and dead players don't vote either. But otherwise, I suppose we could give it a shot and see how it works.

I'm going to do a mini-mafia game. It's going to be a game of reverse mafia (majority are mafia-sided traitors). Please go ahead and mark this down - since there are no mini-games in the queue, I plan to begin as soon as I get the signups.

Actually, I just found one very big flaw with that method. People won't clearly see who's voting for whom. Yes, they can view the poll results and find out, but they'll have to constantly check it for updates, which isn't a good idea. They won't know when the vote/unvote was done, they might miss some of the changes, or even forget who was suspicious for whom. Voting will not be very noticeable and so Mafia members can easy switch their votes around without raising too much suspicion.

I've found some information online about a game called 'The Resistance'. It's pretty similar to Mafia, so I was thinking or running it as a mini mafia game, but as I've never played the game and can't find a complete rule set, I'm wondering if anyone else has played and/or has the game, as they would be much more effective at leading it. Otherwise, I'll have to improvise and attempt to fill in the blanks, and I may accidentally make things too imbalanced.

Sign me up for a Tales of Vesperia Mafia. It'll be interesting. :awesome:

Switch it with my normal mafia in the list, so that the normal one is near the bottom.

Edited by psychout50