Mafia HQ

Tables

My last game went off without a hitch from how I planned it.

Some people just fluttered off after a while, but Lightning's just pissed that he didn't read the rules.

I'm not planning any more come back from the death roles for a while.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on, guys, give him a break. I don't think any of you guys achieved perfect balance on your very first hosted game unless you took the setup from elsewhere, like Epicmafia. With that in mind, I really don't think it was as bad as some people say it was.

I wasn't very active in Psych's game because it was just augh

Anyway, I'm going to try and be more active overall now.

By the way, Choral Mafia III is starting anywhere from tomorrow to the 30th. I've been working non-stop on it and I'm really, really trying to get it finished soon, so it should start anytime now. There are a lot of things I had to set up, wow <.>

Spoon has had roles that came back after death in his games.

This is just Lightning whining about his own ineptitude over not thinking clearly.

I gave the town items, PMs, easy ways of recognizing other towns, AN UNLYNCHABLE FRIENDLY TOWNIE, and a bunch of other stuff.

Bizz might have been given a bit too much weight, but did a Follow the Leader Strategy never occur to you?

tl;dr Lightning is mad

Bizz might have been given a bit too much weight, but did a Follow the Leader Strategy never occur to you?

zzzzZZZZZZzzzzzz

Follow the Leader <<<<<< Scumhunt.

zzzzZZZZZZzzzzzz

Follow the Leader <<<<<< Scumhunt.

You're just mad that my team won Spoon's game of Follow-The-Leader thanks to outsmarting the village and other mafia.

Worsts include when he was town and CONTRADICTED THE TRACKER. >_> I'm still a bit angry at that.b

When was that?

Also, worst would either be me getting lynched back in Spoon's third game when trying to out Hikarusa on no more than a hunch (and turning out to be correct) or failing in Setup 9323 as the Fool.

Oh that.

Honestly, I wasn't being stupid there. I was assuming that Mafia was claiming Tracker since Night 1's kill was janned. The problem came with you guys trying to lynch me instead of either Raymond or Slayer.

Spoon has had roles that came back after death in his games.

This is just Lightning whining about his own ineptitude over not thinking clearly.

I gave the town items, PMs, easy ways of recognizing other towns, AN UNLYNCHABLE FRIENDLY TOWNIE, and a bunch of other stuff.

tl;dr Lightning is mad

I didn't like those either, but at least he had to common courtesy to make it so ANOTHER person would choose who to revive, rather than you being "yeah fuck the normal rules of mafia I'm going to have one role that revives itself and not tell anyone they're revived until it's too late"

This is just Lightning raging over the game being moronic.

Oooh, one use mostly useless abilities, what fun! Mafia had PMs too. Only Bizz. Only Bizz again, and honestly, I never lynch Bizz anyways unless I have near 100% proof Bizz is mafia. Not much.

Did you ever read the PMs? I fucking specifically said, in my PM with Raymond when he mentioned not liking Follow the Leader, that "I'm not trying to turn this into Follow the Leader. Follow the Leader is no fun."

Yes. yes I am.

Did you ever read the PMs? I fucking specifically said, in my PM with Raymond when he mentioned not liking Follow the Leader, that "I'm not trying to turn this into Follow the Leader. Follow the Leader is no fun."

Serious question: Do you play games to lose and have fun or to win and not have fun?

Obviously neither of these answers are good but it's possible to put yourself in a position to win AND enjoy the game too. But to switch from a way that you can actually win to "glorified guessing" (that's scumhunting in my opinion since I usually see people say hypocritical things in the name of scumhunting) just so you can "have fun" is really dumb.

Serious question: Do you play games to lose and have fun or to win and not have fun?

Obviously neither of these answers are good but it's possible to put yourself in a position to win AND enjoy the game too. But to switch from a way that you can actually win to "glorified guessing" (that's scumhunting in my opinion since I usually see people say hypocritical things in the name of scumhunting) just so you can "have fun" is really dumb.

Follow the leader is basically glorified guessing as well, but if you're not the leader, it's not very fun. I was basically the leader there, and I didn't find it very fun either.

To answer the question, though, I'd much rather lose but have fun than win and not have fun if it's just a choice between the two. Though winning and having fun is better. For me, follow the leader is basically I show up, I claim to the leader, send in my night actions if I have any, and make sarcastic remarks. With scumhunting, I can actively participate and be a part of the game. And really, if I'm not having fun, then I don't play as much.

Edited by Lightning

Follow the leader is basically glorified guessing as well, but if you're not the leader, it's not very fun. I was basically the leader there, and I didn't find it very fun either.

To answer the question, though, I'd much rather lose but have fun than win and not have fun if it's just a choice between the two. Though winning and having fun is better. For me, follow the leader is basically I show up, I claim to the leader, send in my night actions if I have any, and make sarcastic remarks.

Reminds me of another argument which had people bitching. You know, the "I don't have a power role so I don't feel special" one... Oh wait, weren't you one of the people bitching about that too?

Did it ever occur to you that you can try doing your own shit to figure out who the mafia is? Clearly not since I'm apparently the ONLY one who ever tries to help the town if I'm a townie (if I'm not, I fuck it up badly BECAUSE people refuse to do their own work and force others to win the game for them... like YOU).

Follow The Leader isn't glorified guessing. You're making logical assumptions about certain roles and testing them to see if you're right. Scumhunting is since every single example I see of it involves the accuser being an absolute hypocrite.

Edited by 4chan

The point is that with follow the Leader, the Leader has the final say, and if you disagree with the Leader's opinion because you think someone ELSE is scum then you're liable to get lynched. I don't see how that's fun.

Having a power role is more fun than not having one.

Edited by Lightning

The point is that with follow the Leader, the Leader has the final say, and if you disagree with the Leader's opinion because you think someone ELSE is scum then you're liable to get lynched. I don't see how that's fun.

Having a power role is more fun than not having one.

Both of these arguments are bullshit and you know it.

1. You KNOW that that's not true. You're just making shit up to try and say that follow the leader is terrible. If I'm the leader and you disagree with me about something, I'll try to figure out why you disagree with me. If you make a valid point, I will probably change my lynch. If you don't and it just seems like you're covering for someone, I'll lynch that person and then you if that person turns out to be Mafia.

Lightning, just because you're terrible at Mafia doesn't mean that this style of game isn't fun or efficient. In fact, it's both but you're either too lazy or stupid to do a little detecting on your own and inform the leader of what you found out. I'm going to go with stupid on this one, though.

2. Having a power role isn't "more fun" than not having one. You get what you put into the game. If you expect your role to do everything for you, then you deserve to not have fun. If you actually try to help your team win (clearly nobody listens to me EVERY single time I stress this point), you don't need a power role to have fun. Let me find that post I made a while back on this subject.

Well fuck Tables, it would be nice if people stopped making me do all the thinking for them. I'm usually the only person who actually tries to win a game starting on Day 1 rather than wait for things to fall into place. Especially when I get a shit role and end up doing more for the town than someone with a good role (*cough*Train Mafia 2 where I singlehandedly got Mafia members from both teams to claim to me thanks to pure bullshit*cough*).

[...]

In all seriousness, we should get rid of half of the stupid roles. Lightning and Fayt's first games come to mind since half of the roles made night phases really fucking random. Not to mention that I've heard players complain that if they don't get a decent role, they don't feel important which is complete bullshit and they know it. Truth of the matter is that they don't want to use their brains to try to win a game and would rather get lucky or have someone else (namely you and I) do it for them.

Once again, don't use the fact that you're terrible at social games like Mafia as a way to slander a style of trying to win at them.

EDIT: When I say "use their brains to try to win a game", I mean it. Look at that mini Mafia game which where I fake-claimed Tracker when Psych was the real one. I tried to help the town win the game by attempting to confuse the Mafia during the next night phase. And there's two reasons why I bring that example up.

1. It didn't work. That doesn't mean that I won't keep trying to help my team win. But I'm not always right and that's a very good example of it.

2. I was a regular townie. This is probably the point that you can't seem to get through your limited brain. You don't need a special role to do shit. You just need a brain, something you clearly don't have based on your responses.

Edited by 4chan

I feel insulted. Two reasons.

1) Rather than respond to my post, you respond to an earlier post... THAT YOU HAD ALREADY RESPONDED TO WITH ALMOST THE EXACT SAME WORDS.

2) You occupy the same earth as me. Your stupidity is probably the reason why most of the world hates North America. Blame reason 1 for this.

Edited by 4chan

Clearly not since I'm apparently the ONLY one who ever tries to help the town if I'm a townie (if I'm not, I fuck it up badly BECAUSE people refuse to do their own work and force others to win the game for them... like YOU).

*Points to my many Fayt rants in FE8 mafia*