Mafia HQ

Tables

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm, two, three, I'm not sure it matters overly, I'd leave it down to the discretion of the moderator really. Also I've always been interpretting it as 'top three that will run soon' hence my signups opening, if anyone was wondering.

Can I be the lover tracker

You know that in CARA there was a user game like that, too? Hahaha

ALSO HEY GUYS I NEED REPLACEMENTS FOR CM PLEASE ;__;

Edited by Levity

I'm going to be changing the name of my game but I want to ask an important question.

Would people prefer to try a multiple faction game or 2 villages vs. 1 mafia?

I'd like either. 2 villages vs. 1 mafia can make for some epic mindscrewiness but I can see things devolving into luck between the villages unless care is taken, while multiple factions would require a suitably large number of players who were also active. But both could be unique and very enjoyable games.

I have only 6 left and Snike needs to do 2 of those, so I think I'll be going first. :awesome:I stayed up last night working on them ._.

Edited by Lightning

Okay, based on Life's suggestion, a new system for game moderation is going to be implemented. The full rules have been added based on Life's post in Lightning's game and can be found in the first post, but as a summary:

If you've moderated at least two games without (major) problems before, you're good to go and don't need to worry about the new rules. Off the top of my head that includes myself, Levity, JB25, Hemlock. There are very likely others, sorry if I don't remember you.

If not, start designing your game now. Games currently in the queue will avoid part of this process via grandfather clause but otherwise, when you want to add a game to the queue, you'll need to prove you know what you're doing to myself or another approved mod. Right now this list includes Life (ironic in that he hasn't run two games lol, but he does know what he's doing), but others listed above can approve games if they're willing. Check the first post for details. You'll stay in the queue up to your game starting, but I advise you seek assistance from a more experienced mod anyway.

There is one problem based on this. Nobody appointed me president of mafia, so I shouldn't really impose rules on everyone. As such, I'd like to take people's opinions on this: If many are opposed, then I will revert to the original system. If not, this will apply starting from the next game that wants to sign up.

If you've moderated at least two games without (major) problems before, you're good to go and don't need to worry about the new rules. Off the top of my head that includes myself, Levity, JB25, Hemlock. There are very likely others, sorry if I don't remember you.

Does people being lazy ***es and forcing game cancellations qualify as a 'major problem'?

Mine have been planned for a while, but I foresee one or two small issues.

If we need someone to approve our games, how would we do so without giving things away if all the "approved mods" are in the game?

Mine have been planned for a while, but I foresee one or two small issues.

If we need someone to approve our games, how would we do so without giving things away if all the "approved mods" are in the game?

That could be my job, since I don't play anymore.

Does people being lazy ***es and forcing game cancellations qualify as a 'major problem'?

Not if there was nothing you could have done about it.

Yes, Cocytus has run enough games to check stuff.

Anouleth: Okay, putting it in a spreadsheet is not necessary. It basically means having all/many of the details about the game in a spreadsheet - generally, you'd have roles and their abilities and then other interesting or useful things layed out. Check Spoon's Pokemon Tactical spreadsheet for an example