Mafia HQ

Tables

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I know Lightning is probably going to disagree, I'm not so sure that his FE10 mafia should actually have a winner, considering that the host did not pay enough attention to making his game, which caused it to break. The mafia gave up because it was imbalanced, if that's an indication of anything. Perhaps list the game should be listed as "abandoned".

Edited by General Spoon

Half-victory for town maybe...?

I'm going to point out now, Spoon, the town wasn't totally screwed. The vig had just shot a maf and sent in an order in advance to attack another person (who was also a maf). Before Ragnell pulled the whole list idea.

Half-victory for town maybe...?

I'm going to point out now, Spoon, the town wasn't totally screwed. The vig had just shot a maf and sent in an order in advance to attack another person (who was also a maf). Before Ragnell pulled the whole list idea.

I said nothing about the town being screwed. The mafia were the ones who were screwed because you failed to pay adequate attention to detail. I don't consider it a win when the mafia have to give up because of the game moderator's fuck up, and I'm not just saying that because I was one of the mafia. I would still be taking this stance if I had been town in that game.

Edited by General Spoon

Thanks for the plug.

Anyways, I might make a full-sized Mafia game. There will be a theme I have not decided on yet, but it'll be like a wannabe Choral Mafia without the singing.

Okay, thought of a theme. I'll do the storyline and stuff, but I need someone sane to balance everything.

The theme will basically be Undercover Cops as Mafia and ... Mafia as Town. Probably a third party as well.

Changed Bus Mafia into Advance Wars Mafia. This game should be unusual, and it will have flavour acting as a psuedo-sequel to AW:DS with minimal spoilers (hopefully). Lightning will be assisting me (still, if I didn't say so before).

I was thinking of dong a mafia for FE where the mafia was the PCs fighting the enemies off.

AW mafia should be interesting. Haven't played it myself but I know about it (lol looking up stuff for games you don't have).

I wonder if you guys are gonna try anything with Powers, Superpowers, or Tags.

Or maybe have 5 teams, one for each country.

Otherwise only Black Hole is mafia from what I'm assuming. That's around 28 people if you include everyone from Dual Strike including Sturm.

Lets just say there's plenty of plans. And there will be generic townies, who are told they are "A minor [country] CO" :awesome:. Or something like that.

Nothing with CO powers, I'm afraid. Except it might be worked into flavour for the characters roles or something (like, I dunno, Nell can use Lucky Day each night to maybe find out if someone is mafia (I'll tell you know that's not Nell's role, though)).

But you should maybe have partners for People who have three-star Tag powers.

Definatly allow Colin and Sasha (AKA, Cheap money duo) to share info, or something, and maybe do the same with Kanbei and Sonja.

Edited by psychout50

I was thinking of dong a mafia for FE where the mafia was the PCs fighting the enemies off.

AW mafia should be interesting. Haven't played it myself but I know about it (lol looking up stuff for games you don't have).

Heh, I remember seeing two variants of AW Mafia in a different forum: one with the COs, and the other with the units. Make sure you don't screw this one up because you could do A LOT with AW Mafia.

Lets just say there's plenty of plans. And there will be generic townies, who are told they are "A minor [country] CO" :awesome:. Or something like that.

Nothing with CO powers, I'm afraid. Except it might be worked into flavour for the characters roles or something (like, I dunno, Nell can use Lucky Day each night to maybe find out if someone is mafia (I'll tell you know that's not Nell's role, though)).

Andy can be a Reviver, Eagle could be a Doublevoter, Grit could be a Vigilante, etc

Make two seperate ones. One for CO's tying in some sort of the three star tag think I suggested, and then one involving units, the Black Hole units for Dual strike being mafia.

(That would be Pipe Runners, Neotanks, Black Boats, Black Bombs, (and even though Green Earth made it) Mega tanks, otherwise Mafia is under powered if you include all units)

Make two seperate ones. One for CO's tying in some sort of the three star tag think I suggested, and then one involving units, the Black Hole units for Dual strike being mafia.

(That would be Pipe Runners, Neotanks, Black Boats, Black Bombs, (and even though Green Earth made it) Mega tanks, otherwise Mafia is under powered if you include all units)

Well, we wouldn't be able to include ALL units anyways, since there are too many. Even in a AW COs Mafia game, it's unlikely that we'll be able to get enough players to fill every single CO.

Heh. All these ideas look interesting, but in terms of COs to roles and stuff, everything is sorted out. There may be some surprises in there, though, and I have a somewhat decent excuse plot as to why all these COs are playing Mafia rather than sending their armies to kill each other.