The King of Fighters XIII

K and Kula in this one? :)

It's K' (Kay-Dash), and I'm not sure why you like them, they're not even Russian.

Anyway, I hope this ties everything together (who the hell is Ash and why is he so powerful, etc.) and ends this arc neatly.

Then suddenly, Rugal is still alive. That would be great.

So I played XII after everyone complained how much of a piece of shit it was, and while it was a piece of shit, I had some fun with it. Felt pretty consolidated, if incredibly tiny and under-representative of the entire cast.

I'm hoping that with XIII they fix their fuck-up. Certainly seems like it, what with its emergence on the heels of its predecessor so soon.

Okay, can someone give me an explanation why KOF XII is "a piece of shit"? Aside from being 2D Fighting, lack of story mode, and not enough characters to make it more appealing.

1.) Some of the worst netcode I've ever seen, making online matches nearly unplayable.

2.) Horrible selection of modes.

3.) Horrible lack of important characters that people like. Though I liked how Kensou played, and I had Leona, so I was pretty gravy.

4.) Most characters' move lists were completely eviscerated. Some may find this good, I found it somewhat lame.

5.) Lack of many stages. Also, small nitpick, but the dark area in that Chinese level is fucking annoying.

6.) Character design and overall appearance changes kind of sucked. Like, what the fuck did they do to Ralf? Why did they ruin my beautiful Mature?!

Off the top of my head. The gameplay itself was relatively entertaining, though.

It's K' (Kay-Dash), and I'm not sure why you like them, they're not even Russian.

K stands for Kool, and Kula looks like a tech age Ninian. Nough said :)

i don't care what happens, as long as they kill off Ash.

i hate his guts

You are so added :lol:

Hey, hey.

I like you.

Also, he's not dead. I know, me too.

I don't know why, but Ash bugs the living crap out of me! He's so annoying, and his hairstyle, and his ... weirdness! >_<

MUST DESTROY!!! :angry:

6.) Character design and overall appearance changes kind of sucked. Like, what the fuck did they do to Ralf? Why did they ruin my beautiful Mature?!

Come to think about it...Ralf looks all beefed up and looks nothing like his previous appearances.

Also, judging my Shen Woo's appearance in Elisabeth's team, I'm convinced that he beat the crap out of Oswald in KOF XI...

Edited by Namie Amuro

Lessee who's new in this XIII roster...

King and Mai, fuck yeah.

Nice to have Vice back.

Wow, Takuma's back? That's cool I guess, though whats up with his stance and expression?

Holy crap, what kind of time machine did they use to bring back Hwa Jai? Hasn't he been gone since Fatal Fury 1, their first freaking game? Where the hell's he been this whole time? Why? He's like one of the most obscure characters in the series. In fact, lemme ask this one. How many people here knew who Hwa Jai is before having clicked the link?

My predictions for the last 3 slots.

Billy Kane (IT BETTER FUCKING BE!)

Duck King

Tung Fu Rue

Yeah, I'm predicting their gonna give us a throwback with the Fatal Fury characters. Considering they have Raiden and freaking Hwa Jai in...

Also, am I the only one who's indifferent when it comes to Ash? Because I don't really give a shit about him.

A whole bunch of the artwork and character designs were terrible. Like...yeah, Ralf. They basically turned him into the Hulk. Same for Clark. And they got tanned skin...when they were white all the other games. I actually made a joke about Heidern, if they decided to include him (before the game's release), and how he would probably be freakishly tall, just like how his (male) commandos were freakishly buffed. Athena also bothered me. She looked so...I don't know. Like she was designed to cater to really weird fetishes.

The rest of the designs were kind of alright, I guess. I loved Iori's new design, and I actually liked Mature's new design, though I do prefer her old one.

EDIT: Man, after seeing the official website, looks like they're keeping the aforementioned horrible designs from XII.

dfshdfuasdgfoiushadgjihodfighaiudfhgoisdf

i don't care what happens, as long as they kill off Ash.

i hate his guts

The only thing that annoys me about Ash is how he suddenly appeared and is seemingly more powerful than two of the three treasures, so far. I mean, God damn, Iori was in Riot of Blood. The same Riot of Blood that violently killed Vice and Mature in '96, and gave Kyo and co. major trouble in '97, and yet Ash could defeat him with minimal effort. The power stealing is also kind of lame. He's just not a very believable character.

If he were just a normal addition, I might have actually liked him. My guess is that he's stealing the powers of the three treasures so he can awaken Orochi and steal his powers, thus becoming all-powerful. Hopefully, though, Orochi's power destroys him, as it did with Rugal.

EDIT2: What what, Vice and Mature are alive? It's canon?! HOW?!?!??!?!?!??!/1/1/1

Edited by Robin Mask

A whole bunch of the artwork and character designs were terrible. Like...yeah, Ralf. They basically turned him into the Hulk. Same for Clark. And they got tanned skin...when they were white all the other games. I actually made a joke about Heidern, if they decided to include him (before the game's release), and how he would probably be freakishly tall, just like how his (male) commandos were freakishly buffed. Athena also bothered me. She looked so...I don't know. Like she was designed to cater to really weird fetishes.

The rest of the designs were kind of alright, I guess. I loved Iori's new design, and I actually liked Mature's new design, though I do prefer her old one.

EDIT: Man, after seeing the official website, looks like they're keeping the aforementioned horrible designs from XII.

dfshdfuasdgfoiushadgjihodfighaiudfhgoisdf

The only thing that annoys me about Ash is how he suddenly appeared and is seemingly more powerful than two of the three treasures, so far. I mean, God damn, Iori was in Riot of Blood. The same Riot of Blood that violently killed Vice and Mature in '96, and gave Kyo and co. major trouble in '97, and yet Ash could defeat him with minimal effort. The power stealing is also kind of lame. He's just not a very believable character.

If he were just a normal addition, I might have actually liked him. My guess is that he's stealing the powers of the three treasures so he can awaken Orochi and steal his powers, thus becoming all-powerful. Hopefully, though, Orochi's power destroys him, as it did with Rugal.

EDIT2: What what, Vice and Mature are alive? It's canon?! HOW?!?!??!?!?!??!/1/1/1

aren't those reasons enough to hate Ash? his existence doesn't make sense! they just made him like that cause they wanted to be different.

too bad that they went too far and made a stupidly ridiculous character who absolutely nobody can sympathize with. He's just an obnoxious character overall.

and i'm happy Vice and Mature are alive, they're like some of my favorite characters! too bad they changed Vice's pose to her original one. I liked how she was all weird standing and moving back in 98 and 2002. And she doesn't look good in pants.

i hate how they ruined Athena, though. She's among my favorite characters, so i'm very unhappy. :(

and for anyone who cares, my favorite fighters are: Athena, Joe, King, K', Kula, and Whip.

aren't those reasons enough to hate Ash? his existence doesn't make sense! they just made him like that cause they wanted to be different.

too bad that they went too far and made a stupidly ridiculous character who absolutely nobody can sympathize with. He's just an obnoxious character overall.

I agree with you, but I'm trying to reserve my judgement until I see what happens at the end of this arc (hopefully this game). He's terribly overpowered, but I bet he will be defeated by Kyo. I mean, Kyo did defeat Rugal, and Ash can't be more powerful, so...

and i'm happy Vice and Mature are alive, they're like some of my favorite characters! too bad they changed Vice's pose to her original one. I liked how she was all weird standing and moving back in 98 and 2002. And she doesn't look good in pants.

i hate how they ruined Athena, though. She's among my favorite characters, so i'm very unhappy. :(

and for anyone who cares, my favorite fighters are: Athena, Joe, King, K', Kula, and Whip.

Yeah, it's good to see that Vice and Mature are alive. I just wonder how, since they were brutally murdered by Iori in '96. I guess they somehow survived?

I hate how they ruined Athena too. She just looks really weird and...is apparently a loli now (reverse ageing?).

And since we're listing favourite fighters, here are mine:

Rugal

Krauser

Heidern

Robert

Ralf (too bad he's terrifying in this game)

Clark (same)

Leona

Jhun

Eiji

Geese

Athena

Mature

Iori

Kyo

Yamazaki

Yeah, let's just leave it at that. I love a whole bunch of characters and I'd be here forever trying to list them all. I didn't put in the overpowered bosses (Rugal is fair game in '98), so just count most of those too. Or all, I don't know.

Edited by Robin Mask

If it's any hint with the intro and Ash having no team, we can see he's going to be the "OP boss" in this game. With that in mind, him being an OP bastard makes sense, just he has more screen time than Rugal did in his ark, or Abel, or Goenitz, whoever.

While he's no less sympathetic, at least he is convincing you to want to kick his ass rather than just "I'm the final boss, kill me now" like Abel or Goenitz. It gives him charm, that being he's a total OP annoying flamer that you wish to destroy for being so damned annoying. Thus why I'm indifferent. He works, I'm just not interested.

As for Vice and Mature being alive and Athena business, I believe it was said that this bit in the arc takes bplace earlier in the series, as I think they said with KoF12. Or did they say this takes place at the current point in time in the plot? If so, than I believe Tanuki has a problem existing as well, as I believe he's supposed to be dead as well.

XII was a non-canon game that was just SNK testing their new hardware, and this is supposed to be the final episode in the Ash trilogy. I know for sure that XII is not canon, but I don't know if this is actually the last Ash game.

Also man Goenitz is great. All SNK final bosses have been great so far. Man.

EDIT: By the way, people in KoF don't age. Just look at their profiles from the games. Athena has always been 18, Robert always 20-something, etc.

Edited by Robin Mask

XII was a non-canon game that was just SNK testing their new hardware, and this is supposed to be the final episode in the Ash trilogy. I know for sure that XII is not canon, but I don't know if this is actually the last Ash game.

Also man Goenitz is great. All SNK final bosses have been great so far. Man.

EDIT: By the way, people in KoF don't age. Just look at their profiles from the games. Athena has always been 18, Robert always 20-something, etc.

but don't the teasers advertise this game as the climax of the Ash saga, or something of that nature?

at least, this will be the last game where Ash is a significant plot character.

Ash was always a significant plot character in this arc, though, since he's the new main character (K' being the main character of the N.E.S.T.S. arc and Kyo, the Orochi arc). I'm not sure about the teasers, since I've never seen them, but if that's what they're saying then I guess it is the final game in the Ash saga. Which makes me happy because then we're going to get a dream match game with Omega Rugal as the final boss. Yeeeeeeeaaaahhhh!

Edited by Robin Mask

Ash was always a significant plot character in this arc, though, since he's the new main character (K' being the main character of the N.E.S.T.S. arc and Kyo, the Orochi arc). I'm not sure about the teasers, since I've never seen them, but if that's what they're saying then I guess it is the final game in the Ash saga. Which makes me happy because then we're going to get a dream match game with Omega Rugal as the final boss. Yeeeeeeeaaaahhhh!

...the video in the first post?

they're like, THE CLIMAX OF THE ASH SAGA

Edited by Champion Cynthia

I feel this isn't notable enough for me to make a post of it, but in these circumstances, nothing else comes to mind, so I'll just post here and say that I can't view Youtube because it's blocked over here.

I feel this isn't notable enough for me to make a post of it, but in these circumstances, nothing else comes to mind, so I'll just post here and say that I can't view Youtube because it's blocked over here.

ah.

well, they're all showing an extremely seductive Ash while they have written in the background that it's the climax of the Ash saga.