Signature Songs

Liz

This thread is about your favorite artists, and what songs happen to be their signature song. you know, the one song that defines the artist. the one that you say, "You know *Artist X*, the one who sings *Song X*".

basically, the most identifiable song from your artist that defines his musical sensibilities and such.

Well, the only single artist that comes to mind right now is Michael Jackson. I guess Smooth Criminal represents him best?

Dunno, this seems to be his most popular song. Though...Alien Ant Farm did a pretty great job at ruining it and selling it at the same time so maybe that's how it's known.

actually, i think for Micheal Jackson, it might be Thriller or Beat It.

but it might be regional differences, since you do live halfway across the world and all

Edited by Champion Cynthia

I'm actually basing that off foreigners, not people over here. Heck, I have no idea what people here listen to, if they even listen to excellent music like Michael Jackson. It's usually some mindless rave song (DJ Aligator or some other crap) or terrible, terrible, terrible local pop/whatever songs.

Though yeah, I'm not really sure which song represents him best. I just chose Smooth Criminal because it seems to be the song most people are familiar/fond of, and how in Moonwalker (the game), his moves and mannerisms are mostly (or entirely) based on the Smooth Criminal music video.

Metallica. James Hetfield has one of the most awesome voices in rock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2jfV1DzcuQ

Also, Guns N' Roses, my favourite band (pre-Chinese Democracy, anyway. I refuse to consider that album as real GNR). November Rain is my favourite of their songs, but this one is probably more well known:

Personally I know Mami Kawada for her songs she did for Toaru Majutsu no Index, like "jellyfish", "masterpiece" and "PSI-Missing".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKM8y5PN1Y0

Also, everyone should know Linkin Park for the eighth track off their first album...

Oh god, I should be shot, HOW COULD I FORGET IN THE END OF LINKIN PARK?!?!?!

Also, everyone should know Linkin Park for the eighth track off their first album...

I actually think of Numb/What I've Done for Linkin Park. I didn't even know about In The End until I check ed Soul's profile, though that's just me.

Also,

Well, the only single artist that comes to mind right now is Michael Jackson. I guess Smooth Criminal represents him best?

Dunno, this seems to be his most popular song. Though...Alien Ant Farm did a pretty great job at ruining it and selling it at the same time so maybe that's how it's known.

Personally I'd say Thriller's his signature song.

Cool, Joshy likes Owl city, too. :3

Ok, added "sense", "joint" and "prophecy" all by Kawada Mami and all from Shakugan.

And plus Karma by BUMP OF CHICKEN. There are a lot more anime OP and ED songs I want to show you guys but I forgot the name of the singer. =P