Chapter 13

I've been replaying this game (for transferring purposes) and right now, I'm at chapter 13.

First time, I move my units and then, some stupid myrmidon decides to kill Astrid. Restart. Second time, I move my units and the same myrmidon kills Astrid AGAIN. But it wasn't that big of a deal since it was just on the first turn.

Third time, I'm doing really well, and am about to kill Norris. Then I stupidly attacked him with Astrid (he had very little HP and I wanted Astrid to level up). Not only did she not do any damage, but Norris attacked two times and killed her. Restart. Fourth time, I'm doing really well (again) and I'm almost killing Norris, but I delay it because I was afraid it would end the chapter (I still had one more chest). Suddenly he runs off to the other side of the ship and kills Astrid. I turn it off furiously.

Fifth time I'm playing that chapter, just an hour ago. I was also doing really well this time, but then I attacked a myrmidon who had a Killing Edge with my Zihark and the myrmidon did a critical on him. Stupid thing is that my Zihark also had a Killing Edge and I was hoping he'd kill the myrmidon but he didn't. Restart. Sixth time, every enemy unit except four ravens and Norris are dead. The Tibarn scene ensues, and then the game freezes on me during that cutscene!

This is seriously ridiculous. Some force from above does NOT want me to finish this chapter!

The first time I ever got all the chests in that level, it was on difficult and I had every unit but some ravens dead. Then one of them went to the spot I was supposed to protect and I lost. Never played that file again.

By that time, I've got Ike to level 20, and I just put him on the protection spot so he doesn't get in the way.

Also, letter to Tashi:

This is why Snipers don't suck. D:

Yeah...That chapter was kinda annoying with all the chests and Astrid's vulnerability and all the Ravens trying to loot the chests and with Norris moving around near the end of the chapter.

I've had to restart because of each of those reasons before.

• 1 month later...

All I did was surround Norris with 3 melee units. :P

What you have to do is send a promoted Mountie to guard the spot where the Mymridon goes to attack Astrid. He'll attack a soldier.

The hardest part was having Astrid survive that first turn so that I could recruit her and effectively hide her where she couldn't get attacked.

The key to keeping her alive is, well, checking the enemy's attack range and making sure she's out of it. If you take a little bit of time and make sure that she's out of range, or that if she is, you put up some infantry to block any potential attackers, it's not that hard.

When I played the first time I recklessly stomped through maps, but on Hard I've been much more careful and I *always* check people's attack ranges to make sure I'm minimizing the amount of hits my guys are taking.

When I first got her, I let the enemy damage her a bit (one quick hit), and then she left the fighting area so that she could get some healing. Then I talked to her, got her and sent her and sent her to my own ship to keep her away from danger. Actually, it ended up that I didn'r use her at all.

• 3 months later...

I just shove/Smite Ike and recruit her before enemy phase. Then I have her recruit Gatrie and have her shoot the guy in front of him. Then move her to the Green protect square. Move Gatrie in front of her. You should be all set after that, if you have your Cavaliers ready by turn 3.

Thanks for sharing, but this thread is practically dead. You know what it is called when you post in a dead thread? Necroposting. You should make another topic if you want to share that information really bad.