SF Gym Leader Challenge

Raven

No problem, was my mistake. I don't think that will be a necessary rule, since if someone loses to someone else, chances are they are going to lose again. In this case, they can challenge a different Leader of their own free will.

That works as well...also am I locked into the steel gym? or if I'm not a main gym, could I try for Steel/Fighting/Fire/etc?

I plan on making different teams that focus on different types...

Also, for the gym badge holder, you might want to break up shoddy and real, as I know I won't be battling shoddy.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you make a 3-Pokemon team on Shoddy?

I don't think you can. But we could have three worthless fillers like stuff them with Level 1 Unowns or some Pokemons that lack any moves that can actually do anything.

That works as well...also am I locked into the steel gym? or if I'm not a main gym, could I try for Steel/Fighting/Fire/etc?

^This

So uh how do we battle?

Wifi or Shoddy, I guess.

I would assume that putting things like Lv1 Sunkerns and shit in the remaining slots would do it. Unless we went all out and had 6 pokemon teams.

That's what I was thinking. Magikarps or something to fill in the remaining 3 slots.

I'll check out Shoddy then. Sign me up for Fire.

You want the place of Shoddy Fire Gym Leader and Real?

Also, for the gym badge holder, you might want to break up shoddy and real, as I know I won't be battling shoddy.

Hmm, you mean like, be in charge of more than one Gym? At the moment, not every gym has a leader, so I guess gym leaders may lead two Gyms (both Real, one Real and one Shoddy, or both Shoddy) if they so wish.

Breaking up Shoddy and Real is what I've done - check out the Badge Palette I made: 34 slots for 34 Badges.

So uh how do we battle?

Shoddy and Real (as in over Wi-Fi). If you want to battle over just Shoddy, that's fine. Same goes for over Wi-Fi. Both is cool, too.

Also I was wondering for simplicity's sake, would people prefer it if there were no Reserve Gyms, so that all Gyms were open for battle?

Edited by Raven

Hmm, you mean like, be in charge of more than one Gym? At the moment, not every gym has a leader, so I guess gym leaders may lead two Gyms (both Real, one Real and one Shoddy, or both Shoddy) if they so wish.

Yeah, kind of...more like, are we free to be any type of gym leader that we want. I was thinking more of an completely open system...

As in, no set gym leaders except the current leaders. That way, if a late comer wants to be a gym leader, but it's all filled, they are basically locked out completely.

Breaking up Shoddy and Real is what I've done - check out the Badge Palette I made: 34 slots for 34 Badges.

I saw...I meant different badge holders. So, that for me...Shoddy wouldn't even be there.

Also I was wondering for simplicity's sake, would people prefer it if there were no Reserve Gyms, so that all Gyms were open for battle?

Yes, that was what I was saying before

Answers In Line.

You want the place of Shoddy Fire Gym Leader and Real?

Shoddy. I said I played my Pokemon games on emulators, didn't I?

Anyway, if I have my team picked out, what do you want me to do? Submit a copy of it to you?

Hmm....in addition to my real gym, I'd be allowed to ask for a Shoddy one too, right?

If so, I'd like to give Bug a go in Shoddy. Should be interesting.

I'll assume it isn't in effect, and go ahead with setting up my Triple Tyranitar Terror (T3 for short).

Is that shit even fair?

Whatever. Thank god Charizard flies.

Is that shit even fair?

Whatever. Thank god Charizard flies.

Tyranitar has Rock STAB for Charizard. I hate Tyranitar and Scizor so much.

Also, if we're all making seperate Shoddy and IRL teams, I'll take Poison IRL and Ghost on Shoddy, then.

Edited by Ninji

I'll assume it isn't in effect, and go ahead with setting up my Triple Tyranitar Terror (T3 for short).

lol, sounds awesome. I'm a massive lucario fan, so he'll def. be showing up in my steel/fighting gym teams...

Also, Raven, how are you going to work...if a challenging gym leader is a double battle and the current is single battle?

It's not Ground type :/

BTW in different matches, can we use different teams? For example in my case, switching Lucario for Magnezone?

Edited by Dio

It's not Ground type :/

BTW in different matches, can we use different teams? For example in my case, switching Lucario for Magnezone?

But it's pre-evolutions are Dio...and by Raven's rules, he'll be allowed for a Ground team, even if he's not ground himself.

Evil Ninja

Edited by Hatari

Also, I need to know something. Is Garchomp going to be considered an uber?

@Dio Its pre-evolutions are.

Also, since Cacturne has sand veil, would it be allowed in my ground gym?

I think it is already.

My bad.

Now I don't think this one is going to work.

I'm pretty sure the first is a yes.

And the second is def. gonna be a no.

Also, how about each gym leader picks 6 pokemon in total, and must use 3 or 4 of those each time? Would be better IMO.

Otherwise you can always use an entirely different team to fit the situation

Tyranitar has Rock STAB for Charizard. I hate Tyranitar and Scizor so much.

Good point. I gotta think of a way to counter that.

Good point. I gotta think of a way to counter that.

Some sets have Belly Drum and focus on getting hit by Stealth Rock to activate. A pinch berry like Salac helps, but you're not going to last long if the other guy has priority moves.

Yeah, kind of...more like, are we free to be any type of gym leader that we want. I was thinking more of an completely open system...

As in, no set gym leaders except the current leaders. That way, if a late comer wants to be a gym leader, but it's all filled, they are basically locked out completely.

I saw...I meant different badge holders. So, that for me...Shoddy wouldn't even be there.

Yes, that was what I was saying before

Answers In Line.

Well a person will be locked to their Gym(s). Unless they want to leave their Gym and lead another, the other one must be empty. And if all are filled, then nobody can join until a Leader drops out.

Also I can make a Palette for Real-only and Shoddy-only challengers.

Alright then, there will be no Reserves; every Gym will be open to battles and awarding Badges.

Shoddy. I said I played my Pokemon games on emulators, didn't I?

Anyway, if I have my team picked out, what do you want me to do? Submit a copy of it to you?

I trust you will have a team which is within Gym Leader rules, but I'd be interested in knowing what your team will be.

Is species clause in effect? As in, can we have no more than 1 pokemon of a species on our team?

As much as it may seem unfair in some cases, that is a claus each individual Leader will be choosing.

lol, sounds awesome. I'm a massive lucario fan, so he'll def. be showing up in my steel/fighting gym teams...

Also, Raven, how are you going to work...if a challenging gym leader is a double battle and the current is single battle?

There won't be any battles between Leaders now. It's just unnecessary.

@Dio Its pre-evolutions are.

Garchomp = Uber in Smogon's books.

And sadly not. The rules state that the Pokemon must be strictly Ground type in it's current or past evolutions.

Edited by Raven