Mini Mafia Round 3

General Spoon

Already suspicious of me before I've even posted?

Anyways, this is way too complicated and I'm not nearly interested enough to try and make an informed decision. I'll come back to this tomorrow and read/think on it more.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, at this point, it's been almost 24 hours and I still don't see much in the way of discussion or strategy. My gut feeling is to go no lynch at this point since we really don't want to hit the doctor or shrink now, but there's also the possibility that we're at a 7-1 advantage and should shoot in the dark and try to get this over with...

Does anyone have any sort of suggestions or information at this point that they'd be willing to come forth with? Because at this point, I think it's simply too risky to make a lynch attempt without some more information... I'm not definitively voting one way or the other at this point, but I'm leaning toward a no lynch because I don't want to hit the doctor and I DEFINITELY don't want to hit the shrink - there's one more Yakuza out there somewhere...

Well, there's been some strategy discussion on Balcerzak's part, but not really a whole lot in the way of the other players here discussing and making decisions - anyone else care to chime in?

You still have 24 hours, yes. I was saying that I had made some big changes to the OP in the Round 6 Sign up thread (check it out, btw), but then I realized that this was the wrong topic after I posted.

Edited by General Spoon

You still have 24 hours, yes. I was saying that I had made some big changes to the OP in the Round 6 Sign up thread (check it out, btw), but then I realized that this was the wrong topic after I posted.

Oh, okay... I thought you were trying to (prematurely) end the day phase in that last post.

I'm not good for really informed discussion ]: Core, is there a specific reason why you have a suspicion on me? I don't like how you threw suspicions on me and CATS without even voicing your opinion on why.

Well, I'm probably totally wrong now, but it was sort of a flawed process of elimination. Now the statement is almost totally false because I've thought over it.

I have an urge to bring up another picture in defense, but I'll pass. Please don't judge me for telling my thoughts, For a little while I thought they were the most likely to be mafia.

I can't believe I missed this from the first page.

so he converted someone?

You know i think that Bal is a likely target for Mafia conversion...

I'm probably also a likely target for Shrink protection too, but we actually can't really know quite what has happened yet.

Also, almost 24 hours, and we've made very little progress. This is discouraging folks. We need to gear up, because if we don't, this set-up seems fairly tilted in the mafia's favor. We haven't hear much from most of the posters, barring myself and Fayt, with the occasional one-line interjections from some others.

BK has not posted at all.

And so far no-one is willing to role-claim Shrink. -.-

I was thinking may be we should all role claim, but that may be too risky, atleast while there is still a yakuza...

I was thinking may be we should all role claim, but that may be too risky, atleast while there is still a yakuza...

No. This is not a good idea. Role-claiming for Bulletproofs is counter-productive, and Role-claiming Hunter paints a giant target-sign saying "Kill me during the night" on his back. The Hunter should only claim if he's trying to get lynched to get his shot off, but in that case, he should really just be making persuasive arguments about his intended shot target instead.

I haven't fully thought about the benefits/detriments to a Doctor role-claim, but he would obviously not make it through the night unless there was a higher profile target available (arguably Hunter?) But without knowing who the mafia is, playing those kind of mind-games can be very dangerous.

And the Yakuza still roaming the streets only amplify matters. As I see it, only Shrink is a really safe role-claim. Well, aside from the Townie, but we only had one of those, and he's dead.

That's probably a bad idea, since the yak has a lot of leeway here. Plus, if the shrink roleclaims, we can count on the doctor wanting to protect him to have a shot of a failed conversion, which gives the other mafioso a free blast at someone.

The problem is that if doctor protects the shrink and the hunter roleclaims, the mafia will probably want to blast the hunter, which is not cool at all since we lose our only vigilante shot. Of course, we don't want to lynch a bulletproof either, because if the mafia shoots him, that's effectively giving us another chance to get a good lynch...

I think it really comes down to risk in this game - which side is willing to take more risk. Obviously, the mafia took some risk when only one yak went off, since the smart strategy is to have them both go off and get rid of two roles. Can the town afford to risk a mislynch at this point? It's tough to say now...

Anyone have any thoughts on this situation?

I forgot Tracker. Tracker might be a valid role-claim in the absence of a Shrink, as if the Shrink is too afraid to out himself, at least he can protect the tracker, and if the Doctor wasn't converted he could still keep him alive. But again, as previously mentioned, with a lack of positive hits, he doesn't gain much by claiming, except possibly guaranteed protection. However, I'm not sure if it's worth it at this stage. Maybe if we're getting close to the end of 48, and still haven't come up with anything better...

Massive roleclaiming would indeed cause chaos, and I don't know if lynching anyone today would be wise, either, so we're going to have to study the night phase and see what we can make from that.

But, see, the main reason why I don't talk as much is mainly because I don't know what to add that hasn't already been said, haha