Funny, Stupid, Unknown and Interesting facts about FE10

And how is a Fire Emblem newbie supposed to know this? I don't deny that you can't see the effects of Shade, but that's only after you A. Know what to look for and B. Have a character in a situation where Shade would work. Shade is a bad example because they player has to know of the effects of Shade and create the situation to feel the effects. If Cancel was absent, this would be bad design.

Go to Manage -> Skills in the base.

You need the game to come to the player in the early stages. There's a reason why in most 1-1 Mario levels the first Mushroom is proceeded by a vertical barrier that causes the Mushroom to recoil and collide with a non-dextarious player. Cancel comes to the player with the HUD 'Cancel' Message. Shade does not.

Please explain to me how a new player is supposed to figure out what Cancel does just by seeing it activate, and on Leo, no less. Your hypothetical situation is bull that is tailored to your liking just so you can prove a point, but the fact remains that anyone can just go to Manage -> Skills in the base and figure out what skills do.

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go to Manage -> Skills in the base.

Please explain to me how a new player is supposed to figure out what Cancel does just by seeing it activate, and on Leo, no less. Your hypothetical situation is bull that is tailored to your liking just so you can prove a point, but the fact remains that anyone can just go to Manage -> Skills in the base and figure out what skills do.

I admit that my explanation is contrived. However, it is the most logical one I can think of where the programers, not being the idiots we'd like to make them out to be, did this in a deliberate manor. What does Cancel Equipped Leo have that Proto-Leo with Wrath does not? Wrath would be just fine where it is. Cancel would not be.

I admit that my explanation is contrived. However, it is the most logical one I can think of where the programers, not being the idiots we'd like to make them out to be, did this in a deliberate manor. What does Cancel Equipped Leo have that Proto-Leo with Wrath does not? Wrath would be just fine where it is. Cancel would not be.

In case you didn't realize before, Wrath gives the same HUD message that Cancel does.

I admit that my explanation is contrived. However, it is the most logical one I can think of where the programers, not being the idiots we'd like to make them out to be, did this in a deliberate manor. What does Cancel Equipped Leo have that Proto-Leo with Wrath does not?

Obvious redundancy.

Wrath would be just fine where it is. Cancel would not be.

You mean on Eddie? I'm inclined to disagree with this one since Eddie faces decent hit rates, goes into Wrath activation HP with just 1 attack against him. This ends up being problematic, or at least for me it has been since it gives me 1 less unit to work with for blocking choke points without fear of death as an Eddie that tries to block a choke point with Wrath on him runs the risk of destroying an enemy on his counter-attack if it's a critical hit and opening himself up for another attack from a nearby enemy.

More on topic: RD's thought to be the first game to introduce 3rd tier promotions. It isn't.

Edited by Sirius

Obvious redundancy.

You mean on Eddie? I'm inclined to disagree with this one since Eddie faces decent hit rates, goes into Wrath activation HP with just 1 attack against him. This ends up being problematic, or at least for me it has been since it gives me 1 less unit to work with for blocking choke points without fear of death as an Eddie that tries to block a choke point with Wrath on him runs the risk of destroying an enemy on his counter-attack if it's a critical hit and opening himself up for another attack from a nearby enemy.

More on topic: RD's thought to be the first game to introduce 3rd tier promotions. It isn't.

Gogo Villagers(I think this is what you are referring to)

Gogo Villagers(I think this is what you are referring to)

Yes, the Villager promotion path. One of them being recycled in this game (Social Knight/Cavalier - > Paladin -> Gold Knight).

Similarly, the concept of playing different parts of the game with a different party was also introduced in Gaiden in the form of Alm and Celica's split groups. RD tweaked it by adding a 3rd group to the mix.

Edited by Sirius

Class-wise, she is.

She starts with Light and gains staves.

Which I don't get. Laura is a preist, even though she's female, why didn't they do that for Micaiah? Though the Clergy part might be why....

Here's some weird stuff about FE10:

1. It's possible for Elincia to miss with a 100% chance to hit.

2. The combat window LIES! It doesn't show the changed hit and critical rates due to skills such as Wrath and Resolve.

3. Resolve's description also lies! It doesn't increase Strength anymore, which sucks. It also activates when HP is below 50% of maximum, not 20% like it says in the description.

4. Most Fire Emblem games have several first tier units that start at low levels (1, 2, or 3). Radiant Dawn does the same thing, just for second tiers. Rolf, Mist, Neph, and Sothe start at Level 1, Astrid and Brom start at Level 2, and Rhys and Zihark start at Level 3. There may be other units that I am forgetting.....

Here's some weird stuff about FE10:

1. It's possible for Elincia to miss with a 100% chance to hit.

3. Resolve's description also lies! It doesn't increase Strength anymore, which sucks. It also activates when HP is below 50% of maximum, not 20% like it says in the description.

1: How? Mercy makes her do no damage, not miss, doesn't it?

3: That reminds me of another fact:

Many of the text bugs, such as Wrath/Resolve's descriptions, Muarim is Ike's sister and Wildhear halves exp gains, were fixed in the PAL version. To put it another way, us Europeans got a better game than you

Many of the text bugs, such as Wrath/Resolve's descriptions, Muarim is Ike's sister and Wildhear halves exp gains, were fixed in the PAL version. To put it another way, us Europeans got a better game than you

Yeah, but your Astra got changed to Astrum, but it says Astra for everything else, so HA.

Edward has a chance of critblicking no matter what due to his innate critical skill from being a Myrmidon. Wrath just makes it more likely when he's at low HP and allows him to have half-decent offense in earlygame before you inevitably throw Wrath to Mickey.

Fun Fact: Of all the laguz tribes, the Hawk tribe is the only one to have fewer appearing characters in RD than in Path of Radiance. I may have mentioned this one already... I can't really remember.

I don't know how Mercy works in the PAL version, but in the North American version, Mercy does make Elincia miss if she is about to kill an enemy.

The descriptions are typically wrong, but okay. I thought it just made you deal no damage.

Wrong as in misleading, not as in wrong wrong.

Edited by I Eat Tables

2. The combat window LIES! It doesn't show the changed hit and critical rates due to skills such as Wrath and Resolve.

The reasons for this are based on the differences between the Japanese versions and the other versions.

a: Wrath and Resolve were activated abilities. As in, you had a stat% chance of getting them to activate. Maybe strength for Resolve and skill for Wrath, though I can't be certain. Hence, since the crit boost may not happen and the skl/spd boosts may not happen, there was no reason to update the combat window since you didn't know whether or not they would activate.

b: It was 20% HP in the Japanese version. And Resolve did boost str. Then I guess they just did a straight translation rather than update the descriptions.

Kinda makes you wonder precisely how Halfshift worked in Japan. Maybe you got half of your untransformed exp gains rather than the exact same exp as when fully transformed. That would've been nice.

I don't know if this has already been said but I'm gonna go on ahead and say it.

Calill is not the only doubling sage at endgame. Technically so can Tormod,if you take the train him,and Sanaki,if your that lucky.

I don't know if this has already been said but I'm gonna go on ahead and say it.

Calill is not the only doubling sage at endgame. Technically so can Tormod,if you take the train him,and Sanaki,if your that lucky.

in short

fire mag(e)(ic) rocks~

there are no great walls in the DB, Edward doesn't dodge like he should, Nolan and Jill can't take hits like they should, Aran gets doubled, Laura, Ilyana, Micaiah, Leonardo are obviously.

did I miss anyone who's not a prepromote and/or gains practically no damage? (admitted, I didn't count Sothe, Zihark, Volug and Tauronio in this)

So in short, there are no "great walls" in the DB given that you exclude all of the "great walls."

yes :awesome:

oke, let's say the original dawn brigade has none when Sothe is out stealing stuff :awesome:

still not good? first 2 chapters have no walls...