Classic Mafia

Tables

This is the thread for the Classic Mafia game. The rules are based on the classic game of mafia when it was first created. Voting is slightly different to normal mafia, so please familiarise yourself with it:

• You can vote for as many people as you want in one phase, and also vote for when a night phase should start.
  • Players are lynched as soon as they have a majority of votes. If this lynch causes someone else to have a majority, they won't be instantly lynched, rather, I'll announce this situation and give people a chance to change their mind.
  • Once a majority vote for night phase, the night will begin and dead players team will be revealed.
  • After a night phase, all votes will be off, and it's up to you if you want to cast them again.

The day phase continues until night is called by a majority. At this point, dead town members have their alignments revealed, and the mafia gets to make a kill.

In this game, there should be no communicating via PMs between town members. In addition, the Mafia may only communicate via PM during the night. This is to simulate the classic setting of everyone being in a small group.

When voting, please bold the vote AND put it on a new line. If you don't, and I miss your vote(s) in the body of your text, then don't blame me if I miscount. When you edit out a post, please post to say you have done so (again, if you don't and I kill someone for getting a majority vote, don't blame me).

The town:

Ether

Bizz

BK-201

General Spoon

Lightning

Balcerzak

Ulki

Core

Ninji

Hikarusa

The Dragonslayer

WoMC

Apolgies to Life and Dracohon. You must have offended the RNG goddess.

Edited by I Eat Tables

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been 7 minutes since you made this post and I have yet to get a PM saying I am a valid player.

Should I be worried? This should not take 7 minutes

edit: oh yay

Edited by Hikarusa

Correct. Hence, you need to look at who says what (or even who doesn't say what) and watch carefully how and who votes together. And also call night phases at the right time. Having someone killed is bad, but finding out if dead people are mafia will eventually outweigh that.

Ether

Bizz

BK-201

General Spoon

Lightning

Balcerzak

Ulki

Core

Ninji

Hikarusa

The Dragonslayer

WoMC

Hey guys. Wanna start lynching people from the top? First Ether, then Bizz, then BK-201, then me, etc.

Edited by General Spoon

I can only imagine what you had before you edited your post. Luckily, its not hard to imagine what you said. Lol.

Anyways, night phases don't give us much info. And there's not that much info to go off of now. Its arguable that we'll gain something by lynching somebody right away. So I see three courses of action we could take.

1. Pick somebody that we feel will not help the town very much, and lynch that person

2. Pick somebody that we feel we can trust, and have that person say who we'll lynch today, and we all lynch the person (s)he chooses

3. Don't lynch anyone, and go straight to night phase

These are all valid options. Let's hear some discussion on them.

Here is a link to the thread.

Why thank you General.Now I may allow myself to familiarize myself with the rules,and thus fulfill my initial conditions for taking part in this endeavor.

The mafia can only communicate at night. I wonder if that means they don't yet know who each other are? If that's the case we definitely need to be very wary of calling for a night phase, and only do so after getting a good couple lynches under our belts.

... That sucks. I suppose asking people if they're citizens won't do any good then... so let's ask everyone anyways! Hikarusa, are you a citizen?

Well then,so much for that.Ah well,thought I'd try to confirm citizenry,but if the mafia know the exact wording,then it was for naught,since I go back to the same boat as everyone else.