Mini Mafia Round 4

General Spoon

This is the official Mini Mafia game thread where all discussions/game play/voting will take place. For those playing, all game-related posts should go here.

If you are dead or not playing, do not post in this thread. If you're dead, you're dead. I can't stop you from talking about the game outside of the forum, but by the honor system, please don't. It'll only ruin the fun of the game for others.

Gameplay/Rules

Each game day consists of the Day Phase and the Night Phase. Since my schedule is fairly busy and not perfect, there will not be a 100% set schedule for this. There will, however, be a minimum time limit of 72 hours per day phase. So from the time of my most recent update, you have at least 72 hours to post your votes. Once that time has passed, someone will be hung and the night phase will begin. Once I post that the night phase has begun, ya'll can start PM'ing me. I will post the results once all actions are submitted (or at least 24 hours have passed, in case people forget). This may cause the game to run a little slowly, but it also gives more time for forum discussion, strategy stuff, etc.

Additionally, I would ask that you do not change your name while playing the game.

Also, only edit your post if you are changing a vote. To edit your post for any other reason goes against the spirit of the game.

Day Phase

The Day Phase is when everyone decides to cast a vote to hang someone (or hang no one, if you decide). You do not have to vote. For this game, votes will be cast publicly on the forum. Votes must be bolded and obvious. If I miss a vote because you implied it or forgot to make it obvious, that's your fault, not mine. If you change your vote and make a new post with a vote, unbold your old one. If you change your vote and forget to unbold your first one, I'll ignore your attempt of change because, well, because I can. Remember, everyone (save for those who are dead) participates in voting if they decide to.

Night Phase

The Night Phase is for those with special abilities (certain villagers have these, as do the Mafia). The most notable part of this phase is who the Mafia kill. To do your actions, send me a PM on this forum. Make it 100% clear who you are performing your action to. In the subject, put the Day # in there somewhere. For example, the mafia will PM me who they kill each night, if there's a doctor then he will protect someone, etc.

Special Roles

Everyone will receive their role in a PM. For this round (yes, we'll have more rounds later), I will be posting the approximate number of mafia members and what special roles there are. All roles are distributed randomly. No, it's not rigged, and no, I am not going to change the results for friends. I want to hold true to the randomness of the game. So, theoretically, the same person could be mafia 5 rounds in a row.

Town Roles

Doctor

Every night phase, this player can protect one person. Protecting blocks all killing actions done on that person that night phase. A doctor cannot protect himself. If a yakuza is protected on the same night he uses his power, the conversion will go through, and the yakuza won't die.

Shrink

The shrink can pick ANY player, even himself, to shrink at night. All conversion attempts on the player he shrinks that night will fail.

Granny

The Granny cannot be killed at night. In addition, she kills anyone who visits her at night.

Mafia Roles

Mafia Goon

Regular mafia guy. Participates in the mafia's discussion and stuff. This is the role that a player who has been converted by the yakuza becomes.

Yakuza

At night, the yakuza can sacrifice himself in order to convert another player to the mafia. This does not prevent the yakuza from making a kill that night. Even if the conversion fails, the yakuza will still die. If the yakuza uses his power on the same night a doctor is protecting him, he will live and the conversion will still go through (unless stopped by shrink). When he uses his power, he visits the player he is converting, and he visits himself to commit suicide.

PLAYERS WHO HAVE BEEN YAKKED WILL NOT KNOW WHO THE OTHER MAFIA MEMBERS ARE UNTIL THE NIGHT.

3rd Party

Lyncher

The lynching is assigned a random town member at the start of the game, also known as the irritating townie. That player will not be the Yakuza. The lyncher wins if he is alive and the irritating townie is lynched. The irritating townie does not know he is irritating. If the irritating townie is killed at night, then the lyncher wins if he is alive and the town wins.

Fool

The fool wins if he gets lynched.

Winning Conditions

The town wins if the mafia are all dead.

The mafia wins if they make up half of the town.

The lyncher wins if he is alive when the irritating townie is lynched OR if the irritating townie is killed and night and the lyncher is alive when the town wins.

The fool wins if he gets lynched.

We have 6 players this game.

There are/is:

1 Doctor

1 Shrink

1 Granny

1 Yakuza

1 Lyncher

1 Fool

Player Status

Core- Alive

Ulki -Dead- Night 2- Killed in several ways (Lyncher)

Ether -Alive

BK-201 -Alive

The Dragonslayer -Alive

Hikarusa -Dead- Night 1- Mutilated (Shrink)

Edited by General Spoon

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ditto Fayt. I wanted to play in this one too :(. Also, a few of your comments are unnecessary in this round - the "(yes, we'll have more rounds later)" especially needs to go.

Ditto Fayt. I wanted to play in this one too :(. Also, a few of your comments are unnecessary in this round - the "(yes, we'll have more rounds later)" especially needs to go.

He probably just copy/pastes the same spiel every round. In fact, I'm almost certain that he does.

But I guess I can link you the roles since you're not playing either.

Okay,well.It is day 1.We likely should not lynch anyone today,since that puts us at Mislynch and lose tomorrow.

For now,we should try to gather some information.Anyone got anything?

Okay,well.It is day 1.We likely should not lynch anyone today,since that puts us at Mislynch and lose tomorrow.

For now,we should try to gather some information.Anyone got anything?

How could anyone get anything?

ok now that I realize there's a granny (gee what took me so long) that seems like a shitty idea because we want mafia to suicide into the granny