Mini Mafia Round 5

General Spoon

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're the Doctor and you want to win this game, I suggest you talk to me. I'm the Yakuza (yeah, I just said it).

If you're the Doctor and you want to win this game, I suggest you talk to me. I'm the Yakuza (yeah, I just said it).

That sounds like the trap of a FOOL. Everyone, do NOT lynch Life. At least, I think it's a REALLY bad idea.

So, we have I Eat Tables, the supposed Lyncher, Life, the supposed Yakuza, and Fayt, the supposed Fool.

Where does that leave me, hmm?

Doctor, I think it's time for a housecall.

Balcerzak is Granny, leaving Bizz as Shrink. At least, supposedly.

Has anyone reached a conclusion on what to do in this game? Right now, if I'm the fool, I'd like both the doctor and the yak to contact me so that we can work out an arrangement for a joint victory.

My suspicions remain that Tables is really not the lyncher, though he's an expert at reverse psychology and he might be telling the truth this whole time.

Obviously, the doctor and yak need to decide who granny is, so that we can get her out of the way now. Right now, I'm inclined to think that Life is NOT the yak, and that I'm not the yak either. Of course, take that with a grain of salt. Or pitcher, I don't care which.

Ninji seems like the doctor, which means that he's probably not. Therefore, that means that one of Tables, Balcerzak, and Bizz is really the doctor. Also, one of those three is granny, and the other is yak. This would seem to imply that Ninji is shrink. Therefore, don't vote for him unless you want to blow your cover.

My suspicions now are:

Fayt = Fool

Bizz = Doctor

Balcerzak = Granny

Life = Lyncher

Tables = Yak

Ninji = Shrink

Which means that for victory, I'm going to do this:

Unvote: Bizz; Vote: Ninji

...If the Shrink and the Yak (conversion) both target me. What happens. Obviously they both die because I shoot them, but do I remain town, or become vanilla? AKA, which has priority, killing visitors, or getting shrunk?

Your list seems... plausible. But you don't know Life's/the lyncher's target? It's a risk you can take, but...

Balcerzak seems the most likely one to be the lyncher's target. Obviously, it's not Life though, if my list is accurate, and it's not you, since I don't think Yakuza can also be irritating townie.

But anyway, yeah... I'm going to keep the pressure vote on Ninji for the time being.

(Of course, it'll probably be a no lynch this phase, but let's get all the information that we can out of everyone.)

Well, let's look at some new dirt I have on people.

Tables is definitely the Tracker. He was also nice enough to send me and Ninji this:

Right, I was thinking last night, and I think this is the simplest strategy that ensures all of us win. However, for it to work, Life, you have to be Yak (I'm fairly sure you are) and Ninji has to be doctor (which again, I'm fairly sure of).

Since my target is Ninji, it's hard for me to think of a way of getting him lynched, so instead Life yaks me with Ninji's protect, then tomorrow we force a no lynch, and Ninji gets yakked the next night, again protecting Life. With 3/6 players working to this plan then it should work, since we can force a NL tomorrow if necessary.

To which I now respond "hell no". You've screwed me too many times for me now to trust you. I am not sharing a joint win with you, period.

Anyone else want to try to catch me off guard?

I'm probably behind the curve, but oh well. Despite not sharing private correspondence with everyone, I think I've probably made as much progress as I'm going to with all the WIFOM and recursion inevitable to this setup.

I'm also in for a no lynch.

Oh, and I admit to sending that PM. And it's all true. I am the Lyncher and my target is Ninji, and if the real Yak would like my help then he should ask.

Night 1 Results

Ninji the doctor's head is currently traveling downstream at 3 m/s. There is a boat downstream that is 123 meters away from his head, and is traveling upstream at 6 m/s carrying Life the Fool's dead body. How long until they meet?

Extra credit: Five seconds after the start of the above problem, Bizz the yakuza shot herself in the head while standing where Ninji's head started, and began to travel downstream at 5 m/s. How long until Bizz reaches' Ninji's head?

Day 2 Begins

This will be graded.

Edited by General Spoon

Let's start with the obvious. Someone has been Yakked. It's either Fayt (who has thrown out a vote on me worryingly quickly), Balcerzak (Who seems reasonable) or me (Who also seems reasonable). We also have a Lyncher left (which I'll come out now and say I think is Fayt), a Granny (Which is me, I had hoped the Yak would try and kill me, although I got the Yak completely wrong, thinking it was Life or Fayt, and instead it seems the Doctor expected as much and protected me) and finally a Shrink (who is likely Balcerzak).

So given that analysis, it looks like Fayt Zelpher gets my vote, since Bal probably self-shrunk while I'm immune to conversions, leaving Fayt.

Although actually, Bal's smart. He could have Shrunk someone else then outed that to get a townie lynch the next day. That means he may have shrunk Fayt, or someone else who is now dead. ... I think I'm sticking with my vote.