Prosecution versus Defense

Ansem

18 members have voted

1. 1. Prosecution or Defense?

• Prosecution
    • Defense

If I was a lawyer, I'd be miserable. But I'd probably be a prosecutor to be honest. Yeah! The harsh prosecutor!

Hey, I just thought of a new nemesis for Phoenix Wright! Griffon Hleft.

I made this for a reason

If you were a defense what if you are defending a criminal

And if you are a prosecutor what if your prosecuting a innocent man

I voted for defense, in high school I always liked knowing the rules so I could help my friends if they were in trouble.

I made this for a reason

I'd refuse, I'm rather honest than rich~

although that would only be when there is absolutely no doubt about it, even at 99% chance of being guilty, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

I'm not saying I'd be good with this though~

I made this for a reason

And if you are a prosecutor what if you’re prosecuting an innocent man

You may not know, or, you are forced to, as everyone has a right to an attorney. Or, maybe the other person is just as guilty. (Everyone is hiding something.)

I'd rather be a prosecuter. It is fun to mess with people's minds, and make people break down to reveal what you want them to.

I made this for a reason

Professional hazard of being a lawyer. If the victim is innocent, then it's the defense attorney's JOB to prove it. If the victim is guilty, it's the prosecutor's JOB to get that guilty verdict. The gray area comes when, say, you're defense and the person your defending says "Make them think I didn't do it even though I did." And yes saying, "I'll only defend the innocent" is romantic, it seldom plays out that way in real life. I actually had a discussion a few days ago about this with my sister who's interested in becoming a lawyer.

BTW, I chose prosecutor.

Defense lawyer, there are enough people that get sent to jail for goddamn stupid reasons that I couldn't care less if they are guilty or not. Plus, if there isn't enough proof to definitively put someone in jail, that person should not be in jail. Or punished however.

Defense.

If I ever do end up going to law school and finishing it, I want to spend some time afterwards as some kind of defender. You have to be a complete asshole to be a prosecutor and be happy with yourself, and way too many people already have their lives ruined or get sent to prison for bullshit charges every day.

Or of course I could aim to become a politician and work to change the law to something more agreeable myself, maybe even stage a coup if things are going too slowly...

Edited by Hero

Prosecution. Although I'd rather be the judge, actually.

The prosecutor's job isn't to get innocent men guilty. There's no moral dilemma in asking for a "not guilty" verdict in such case.

Prosecution. Although I'd rather be the judge, actually.

The prosecutor's job isn't to get innocent men guilty. There's no moral dilemma in asking for a "not guilty" verdict in such case.

I basically have to go with prosecution. If you think a guy is innocent, tell the cops that arrested him "too bad, this isn't the guy. go find the actual guy" (I'm assuming you can do this, anyway). You can't reject a case as a defence attorney. If you are a court appointed lawyer, anyway. You can't say "I think he's guilty so I won't defend him". Or maybe you can, not sure. If you are a lawyer that is part of a firm, you can't refuse if your bosses tell you to defend someone. Though if you are a partner maybe you can, but you likely aren't starting your career as a partner.

Now, there is Matlock. He was a good guy. If he thought the guy was guilty, he refused. If he found out the guy was guilty he forced them to confess. Or I think he did, anyway. I didn't see every episode. I could live with myself if I was a Matlock-style defence attorney. But I think he owned his firm or whatever. Actually I don't think they ever mentioned anybody else as his boss or even partner. He just had some people working for him.

But I think I'd have an easier time of it with prosecution. Keep in mind, on some shows they even drop the charges once it becomes obvious that they have the wrong guy. Generally this mostly happens only on prosecution-friendly shows (and Matlock), though.

Edited by Narga_Rocks