OMG it's a tier list

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Wist and Fireman both need to drop to High tier, mostly because VincentASM should be at least a tier above everyone else (if you count contributions, how much does creating the site mean for you?). Wist isn't even a mod anymore, much less very active.

He's basically got a cult, though. That's an impressive accomplishment, especially when you consider it wasn't his intention at all.

I'll lower Fireman, though.

Edited by Nightmare

He's basically got a cult, though. That's an impressive accomplishment, especially when you consider it wasn't his intention at all.

Wist has a cult? Is it at this forum? Because if it isn't I would think it does not apply.

Hikarusa to just below Wist in Top Tier, Red Fox of Fire above Fireman, but still in High Tier. From memory, those were the two of the SF members most receptive to change, and probably two of the most integral parts of the advancement of SF from dumb bawfest to respectable forum. Also, Hikarusa is (intentionally) funnier than 90% of the members of this site, and his humor is generally good natured, and when it isn't entirely, it's usually pretty filled with wisdom. Red Fox of Fire is just very good at learning and adapting and progressing.

Tino needs to be way higher than he is, he was also an integral part of improving SF, and he's even an Admin now. Death up too, for similar reasons, even if his methods were a lot more shadowy, and he's not an admin. Dunno about exact positions.

Fox, Der Komissar and Black Knight should be pretty high up, both for generally being rather enjoyable posters, but for also having the nature and balls to do shit that needed to be done.

Shuuda on, and in High Tier probably, basically for similar reasons. There are a lot of people who contributed to the development of SF as a forum, and I think they really should get pretty high spots.

And now for my Wist defense argument. Wist should most certainly not fall, in fact, I may suggest he rise to the very top. Well, maybe. Here is the explanation:

Wist's posts are almost universally good natured, and while somewhat rare, excellently humorous. In the very rare occasion he makes a non humorous post, it's heavy as fuck, and tends to contribute significantly to the conversation it was part of. Plus, he does have a cult. And he's a pretty handsome motherfucker. And he invented "8]". And he plays Eroge and Starcraft. Wist is truly the pinnacle of this forum.

TheEnd down for having a rage button the size of a fucking metropolitan city.

More arguments may come later.

Edited by ZXValaRevan

Perhaps Wist should stay where he is, but I still think VincentASM deserves his own tier. Creating the site in itself is like Matthew stealing the damn Silver Card, but VincentASM still has plenty more positives to boast (Admin for 2+ years and running [aka availability], constantly updating the site, quality posts, etc.) and little to no negatives. People like Hikarusa and Wist, while great, don't have anything nearly as special as that.

Fox, Der Komissar and Black Knight should be pretty high up, both for generally being rather enjoyable posters, but for also having the nature and balls to do shit that needed to be done.

Neutral on Der Komissar, but I'm not so sure about Fox and Black Knight. They may have done some helpful things, but it usually felt like they created a lot of unnecessary problems and tension, and they occasionally trolled in immature and unfunny ways (unlike someone like Hikarusa, who's occasional trolling tends to be witty). I mean, isn't Black Knight banned right now?

EDIT: Also, why is ZXValaRevan not at least in High tier? He's easily one of the most intelligent members the forum has ever seen and has been a great influence to me and likely to others.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Paperblade should be slashed with Smash Fanatic a la Ninian/Nils (one can be replaced with the other almost interchangably). He at least deserves to be that low for having the comparison of being the Nils to Smash's Ninian make sense.

Ugh, too many peoplecharacters to debate.

Raven could probably stand to go to Mid, maybe Upper Mid. He created the Serenes Forest Wall and is generally a cool guy who can be friends with just about anyone, which I would least think puts him in the average area. He was also around for a long time and was a relatively big part of the forums development. His ragequit, however, makes it tough to see him too much higher.

Also, add Swordmaster to his own tier below Bottom. You know you want to.

I'll move Raven to Mid.

I'm also considering moving Utsuho Reiuji/Harudoku higher. Thoughts?

Also, add Swordmaster to his own tier below Bottom. You know you want to.

mzmhdfzxhdghzgmgzm

Edited by Nightmare

Neutral on Der Komissar, but I'm not so sure about Fox and Black Knight. They may have done some helpful things, but it usually felt like they created a lot of unnecessary problems and tension, and they occasionally trolled in immature and unfunny ways (unlike someone like Hikarusa, who's occasional trolling tends to be witty). I mean, isn't Black Knight banned right now?

EDIT: Also, why is ZXValaRevan not at least in High tier? He's easily one of the most intelligent members the forum has ever seen and has been a great influence to me and likely to others.

I found both of them to troll very intelligently, when they did do so.

I found both of them to troll very intelligently, when they did do so.

They did sometimes, I know that and remember some of it, but I also recall some of it being the annoying type and not the funny/intelligent type.

They did sometimes, I know that and remember some of it, but I also recall some of it being the annoying type and not the funny/intelligent type.

Usually when it was the annoying type, it had some reasoning behind it.

As I remember it, Fox usually rode on other people's victories (Der Kommissar and his brother, most prominently); he had witty trolling occasionally, but I don't think it's enough to warrant higher raising. And though Black Knight contributed much in different areas, his sole reason for joining (if I recall correctly) was trolling, which, I would think, drops him significantly. This is without mentioning that, while his trolling was sometimes witty and genuinely satirical, other times it could be counter-productive.