May SAT scores are in!

You know, you really try my patience sometimes.

But anyway, the final score that gets recorded is always a multiple of ten, even though the section subscores are multiples of one.

Writing portion: 799/800

Reading portion: 800/800

Math portion: 800/800

Writing portion: 799/800

Reading portion: 800/800

Math portion: 800/800

I wonder if that was a typo on their part. I've never seen a score like that.

But anyway, congrats on completely rubbing my score into the dirt.

I wonder if that was a typo on their part. I've never seen a score like that.

But anyway, congrats on completely rubbing my score into the dirt.

Obviously, it's split into smaller subsections, but that's the total. :P And thanks.

Obviously, it's split into smaller subsections, but that's the total. :P And thanks.

Oh, well I suppose that makes sense.

I have lost all pride as an intelligent human being. I'll be sulking in a corner somewhere...

Wait, this room is circular. THERE ARE NO CORNERS!!!!

:(

(But yeah, really impressive. My 2200 looks rather... pathetic... :sob: )

Edited by Fayt Zelpher

I have lost all pride as an intelligent human being. I'll be sulking in a corner somewhere...

Wait, this room is circular. THERE ARE NO CORNERS!!!!

It's not about being intelligent. It's about assuming organization on the part of others. You've assumed (I think, since you held on so strongly to the idea) that scores came in multiples of 10 because if they didn't, you yourself wouldn't constantly be getting scores with multiples of 10. This is reasonable because it's statistically improbable that you haven't done something that merits the loss of one point rather than 10 on a section of the SATs at some point, and if you HAVEN'T done such a thing it's rationally improbable that there's anything you can do on the SATs that really merits the loss of 1 point rather than 10 (since it's such an insignificant difference). Especially since colleges are more likely to question the 2399 than the 2400, which may be a good or a bad thing.

So this is just like an IQ topic where everyone claims they've got an IQ of 140?

Try not to be paranoid if you can avoid it, though there's no way I know of to convince you we aren't pulling your leg.

I got a 136 on what seemed to be a fairly rigorous online IQ test when I was around the age of 12, but that's not the same thing as getting one IMO.

I scored "fish" on my IQ test.

Also if I weren't in that happy state of never caring about my SATs again, some of you would be making me feel all inferior.

Wow. You got fish. You must be an idiot or a genius. Or a fish.

I'm going to say I did horrible on the writing part. Reading was alright. Math I'm pissed about because I didn't get the 800 I wanted. Must be me forgetting the negatives again.

And I missed June registration so no retakes. October's reserved for the SAT2s. Going for a combination of the maximum number of tests I can take in one sitting from Math, Physics, and Latin. Forgot if it was 2 or 3. A lot of college deadlines are November so I'm kinda screwed.

... Then again, I didn't study for crap. Most I did was stare at my computer screen and clicking buttons.

...I'm probably just going to take the ACTs since I heard it's better for the math-based students.

Going for a combination of the maximum number of tests I can take in one sitting from Math, Physics, and Latin. Forgot if it was 2 or 3.

I took 3 in one day, so you should be able to as well.

Awesome. So I don't have to leave one for November and potentially cripple some of my college chances.

... Even though I'm applying to mostly art schools and even with my crappy half-assed SAT score I should get in. Cornell... not so much. D8

Awesome. So I don't have to leave one for November and potentially cripple some of my college chances.

... Even though I'm applying to mostly art schools and even with my crappy half-assed SAT score I should get in. Cornell... not so much. D8

Yep, that's correct.

I pulled 730's on the SAT proper but got triple 800's on the subject tests. Apparently this is unusual...

Hm... the SATs hate me because I'm horribly polarized when it comes to what I'm good at and my lack of studying abilities and carelessness. My scores suck compared to everyone here.

I think I may be able pull off high 700s or 800s on the subject tests, though. I'm putting my money mostly on math and Latin. Physics I'll be happy if I get anywhere in the 700s.

I really should learn how to study but I don't know how. ;____; I blame FE for distracting me when I try to be productive. Last time I tried to write an essay I ended up beating two chapters of FE4.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

October's reserved for the SAT2s. Going for a combination of the maximum number of tests I can take in one sitting from Math, Physics, and Latin. Forgot if it was 2 or 3.

You do Latin? :blink: