Things that have always bugged me (Definite spoilers!)

chococoke

Hector vs Nergal (Hector's story)

Hector: Nergal!

Nergal: I cannot understand you, Hector of Ostia. Why would you do all of this for Eliwood? Is this miserable thing called friendship worth dying for?

Hector: I don't expect you to understand. You've forgotten what it means to be human! Nergal! My connection to you... it's over! I'm finishing everything up right here!!

What in the hell does the bolded part refer to? Does it have something to do with Uther's random death? Was Uther's death even random?

I didn't think anything special of that line when I first saw it. I just assumed Hector wanted to wipe Nergal's presence from his world - Nergal did send assassins to kill him and caused all kinds of pain towards his country and friends.

EDIT

I was curious so I checked the Japanese version. When he says "connection", he means connection by events (因縁).

Edited by VincentASM

I was curious so I checked the Japanese version. When he says "connection", he means connection by events (因縁).

That's honestly how I read it as when I first saw it. I don't see how it could mean anything else.

Asked that question on a YT vid. Reply was that "Hector felt sympathy for Nergal". Dunno what it means though. I forgot what was the video already, so please don't ask for a link.

Asked that question on a YT vid. Reply was that "Hector felt sympathy for Nergal". Dunno what it means though. I forgot what was the video already, so please don't ask for a link.

Nah, not sympathy. Eliwood felt pity, and he's the touchy-feelly one who can't fight properly.

Edited by Trompe le Monde

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall nergal offered Hector to make a moprh of Uther in exchange of Nergal continuing his plans.

Could it be related to this somehow?

It's been too long since I finished the game in Hector's mode and I guess I saw it there (never pitted them in Eliwood's campaign)

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall nergal offered Hector to make a moprh of Uther in exchange of Nergal continuing his plans.

Could it be related to this somehow?

It's been too long since I finished the game in Hector's mode and I guess I saw it there (never pitted them in Eliwood's campaign)

Where/when did this conversation take place?