New Sonic Game

prompto

Are you guys excited?

You want to see it?

You hoping this will revive the series?

Oh, wait, lol nope.

'In Sonic Colors, players will use the power of the colored energy in order to traverse the environments. Examples given in the press release include the Yellow Drill to create new paths to explore, and the Cyan Laser to travel at even faster speeds. The Wii version of Sonic Colors will use a mixture of 2D and 3D perspectives, while the Nintendo DS version will take advantage of the dual screens of the handheld.'

'The diabolical Dr. Eggman has hatched another plan for world domination! He has built an amazing interstellar amusement park, floating in space around Sonic’s home planet, bursting with incredible rides and attractions. However, all is not as it seems as Dr. Eggman has abducted an alien race called Wisps and is harnessing their colorful energy to fuel a sinister plot. However, before Dr. Eggman completes his evil plans, Sonic discovers his mysterious theme park in space. When he arrives, Sonic finds he is also able to use these alien powers and is ready to help! Sonic will need all his speed and skill as he faces this test, but, empowered by the alien energy, it’s a test he’ll pass with flying colors!'

Enjoy yourselves. :>

I have heard so often heard something along the lines of this Sonic Circle about announcement and actual release and Fan reaction.

Sure Sonic 2006 was a pile of garbage (I haven't played it but the length and amount of loading screens I saw on Let's Plays are enough for me to say that it just has to be a really crappy game) but that was only the case because it was ridiculously unfinished because it was pushed for a Christmas release. And yes, that was a really bad move from Sega, made worse by the fact that they wanted to use this game for the anniversary of their moneyprinting mascot and were also fully aware of the rather bad feedback of previous games like 'Shadow the Hedgehog' and even went so far as to give the game the title of the first Sonic game. You would think that they would have made sure that this game would meet certain quality standards but instead the game became as bad is it gets and Sega should definitely be embarrassed about that.

However the Sonic games released since then, 'Secret Rings', 'Unleashed' were pretty good games and nothing to be disappointed about. I don't know about 'Black Knight' though, since I haven't played it.

Edited by BrightBow-User

Nothing to be disappointed about in Secret Rings? That's probably the worst game I've ever played. The script made me want to barf, Shara (or whatever her name was) was useless, and the motion controls didn't work. Unleashed? lolwerehog. I haven't played it, but EVERYONE has said that the werehog levels sucked. As for Dark Knight, it was too different from Sonic and, again, the storyline and script were awful. Sonic 06 wasn't that bad, but length and loading screens were very problematic. At least the gameplay was fun and the script/story wasn't THAT bad, if short and basic.

Why does Sega keep making new gimmicks for Sonic? Haven't they realized that all the games that people like AREN'T like that? Seriously, I just want another basic 3D Sonic game of decent length with the basic storyline. Sonic 4's coming, so I've already got my new 2D one. Oh, and I want the chao garden again.

Sonic Team is just trolling now.

They've been trolling for a long time now.

The teaser looks very good. They are professionals at setting up for disappointment.

Edited by Ilyana

So here's my question. If SEGA has people who've managed to make a game like Valkyria Chronicles, why is Sonic still failing so hard?

If you can find the answer "Why they would take Shining Force and make it worse practically on purpose", you will have your answer.

That really is pretty close to the reason the Shining series took such a sharp turn, and it did get worse because the sales went form niche to garbage-y shit, so that's not just my being a Shining Foce fan speaking.

Edited by Master Tang

Why does Sega keep making new gimmicks for Sonic? Haven't they realized that all the games that people like AREN'T like that? Seriously, I just want another basic 3D Sonic game of decent length with the basic storyline. Sonic 4's coming, so I've already got my new 2D one. Oh, and I want the chao garden again.

Actually about new gimmicks: The Sonic Adventure games on the Dreamcast are pretty popular (And judging by you wanting Chao Garden back, I guess you think the same.)

but they were just as filled with unnecessary gimmicks like the chao garden you mentioned. The games problems are the same as Unleashed: The Sonic levels are awesome, but most of the time you won't play as Sonic and will be forced to play as other characters with different gameplay which just ain't all that fun. There is no way that the Werehoge levels are worse then the fishing levels with big or the treasure hunting levels with Knuckes and Rouge.

But I agree of course that all those gimmicks just make the game worse. Even if they could only make one or 2 more Sonic levels by ignoring the Werehog gimmick the game would still be better but my point is that Unleashed ain't that much worse then those two 3D Sonic games everybody seems to love.

I don't know...I gave up on Sonic years ago. Not that I was a big fan of any of the sonic games. Chao Garden was the best thing about Sonic Adventure 2. I mean who wouldn't want cute little speedy demon fluff ball?

Really they are just too difficult for me...

And am I the only one who likes the other characters?? I like most of them better than Sonic himself.

And am I the only one who likes the other characters?? I like most of them better than Sonic himself.

No. Tails > Sonic

Anyway,interesting twenty-two seconds. This seems kind of RPG like, from the description anyway.

No. I favor Silver, Shadow, Tails, and Knuckles over him.

Well, I did. But Sonic Team has also done a good job at butchering just about every character on top of the storyline and gameplay in most games.

Shadow died.

Wait, no he didn't.

Whoa, is he an android?

What, he isn't? So he's a clone?

So he was born from Black Doom? So that's the real Shadow?

S- WH- /explodes

SA2 was irrelevant.

No. I favor Silver, Shadow, Tails, and Knuckles over him.

Shadow died.

Wait, no he didn't.

Whoa, is he an android?

What, he isn't? So he's a clone?

So he was born from Black Doom? So that's the real Shadow?

S- WH- /explodes

SA2 was irrelevant.

You ruined the deep and intricate lore of the Sonic series for me... Now I'll never be pure again!

The sonic series went downhill with sonic adenture DX directors cut. Sonic adventure 2 battle somehow saved it. Sonic heroes was, alright. But after that, the decency of the games plumetted.