So, what's all this bullshit about Hikarusa not being able to post?

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've quoted below Hikarusa's response to his ban. Before someone brings my attention to the fact that I am in some small capacity acting as an intermediary circumvention to his ban, note that I am aware of and acknowledge this. If the administration decides my posting it is improper, then so be it, but I've not elected to post it out of ill will; as far as I can make out, his response is perfectly relevant to the topic at hand.

Hikarusa's point is moot because Jarly is banned. Timeframe doesn't matter, as it's based on circumstances; the result was the same.

Jyo. What the fuck? I know you're just going to ignore what I post or warn me for some stupid reason (not like it would be the first time), but seriously, what are you smoking?

I know you're not a stupid person, so why do you have to keep making these terrible administrative choices?

How was Hikarusa asking to be banned? Seeing how far you can toe the line without getting warned isn't asking to be banned, it's a fairly acceptable and normal thing for someone to do. He wasn't disrupting the forum, he was only even POTENTIALLY disrupting those looking to be disrupted. There is nothing wrong with being warned a lot, especially given the fact that he has had more time to gain those warns than pretty much everyone else on the forum. Fuck, I've had 10 Warns in way less time than he's been here, I guess you should ban me too, eh? I bet if you check other people's warns and their time here you'll find a lot of members should be banned.

Seriously, how in the world do you even think this is a good idea? What do you gain?

I gain a more peaceful forum, provided people like you don't try to start a hissy-fit.

Purposely toeing the line to see how far you can get away with shit is not perfectly acceptable. It's immature. It's not acceptable in society, nor is it acceptable here. I'm not here to fucking babysit. I don't want elementary school-type behavior in my forum, and letting him be only encourages that behavior. If I had not been so busy with college, he would have been gone a long time ago for continuing that behavior.

You've been warned many times, but usually it's for accidentally taking things too far. However, you seem to learn from your mistakes, at least temporarily, and that shows that maybe someday, you'll stop. Hikarusa is different. He knew what he was doing, and despite being warned many times, he continued to act like a god damn little kid. See how far you can push the administration is not acceptable. Trolling is not acceptable either.

How come the Jyo bashers don't seem to care at all that he had nothing to do with the banning (aside from making it permanent after the rest of us already decided)?

I gain a more peaceful forum, provided people like you don't try to start a hissy-fit.

Purposely toeing the line to see how far you can get away with shit is not perfectly acceptable. It's immature. It's not acceptable in society, nor is it acceptable here. I'm not here to fucking babysit. I don't want elementary school-type behavior in my forum, and letting him be only encourages that behavior. If I had not been so busy with college, he would have been gone a long time ago for continuing that behavior.

You've been warned many times, but usually it's for accidentally taking things too far. However, you seem to learn from your mistakes, at least temporarily, and that shows that maybe someday, you'll stop. Hikarusa is different. He knew what he was doing, and despite being warned many times, he continued to act like a god damn little kid. See how far you can push the administration is not acceptable. Trolling is not acceptable either.

Except the forum is not more peaceful, because Hika was never disrupting the peace. The things he did were never very big, or very impacting, and if they were, a week long suspension usually fixed them. You banning him is going to disrupt the peace a lot more, because it is a terrible idea.

Almost everybody toes the line in something, and yeah, we generally accept it. It's not immature, and it is not generally disruptive. Tell me honestly how disruptive it is to have Hikarusa's name as White People Suck and have the topic he made open (in FFtF)? You don't have to babysit (not that you do anyway, hardly ever being on), because it's really not that big of an issue, and if it is, it's hilariously easy to defuse. It's not elementary school behavior, most of it is funny, clever, or in some way charming.

I don't "learn from my mistakes" (well I do, but not in this context). Most of the times I am warned, I know I am going to be warned, or I don't think I should be warned, but give up arguing against it, because you (in particular) never listen to anything I say, no matter how legitimate. This is why I miss Blacken. At least with him around you would occasionally admit you had done something wrong. Honestly, your descriptions of me and Hikarusa would probably be better of being switched.

How come the Jyo bashers don't seem to care at all that he had nothing to do with the banning (aside from making it permanent after the rest of us already decided)?

He's the only one responding, and he has the ultimate power. I would argue with anyone who made the decision and wants to argue though.

Edited by ZXValaRevan

The reason he's not in the banned members group is 1)None of the admins have gotten to it yet

So an admin can go to the admin panel, go to Hika's thingy (I'm not really sure how to edit people's thingy in the admin panel, so I can't go all descriptive.), manually edit all profiles to "disallow", and do that, but you can't go to Hika's thingy in the admin panel, and change "Members" to "Banned"

I'm not really going to go ZX on this, but I'm just saying~.

Also Hika Hika hotter than Vika.

Except the forum is not more peaceful, because Hika was never disrupting the peace. The things he did were never very big, or very impacting, and if they were, a week long suspension usually fixed them. You banning him is going to disrupt the peace a lot more, because it is a terrible idea.

Almost everybody toes the line in something, and yeah, we generally accept it. It's not immature, and it is not generally disruptive. Tell me honestly how disruptive it is to have Hikarusa's name as White People Suck and have the topic he made open (in FFtF)? You don't have to babysit (not that you do anyway, hardly ever being on), because it's really not that big of an issue, and if it is, it's hilariously easy to defuse. It's not elementary school behavior, most of it is funny, clever, or in some way charming.

I don't "learn from my mistakes" (well I do, but not in this context). Most of the times I am warned, I know I am going to be warned, or I don't think I should be warned, but give up arguing against it, because you (in particular) never listen to anything I say, no matter how legitimate. This is why I miss Blacken. At least with him around you would occasionally admit you had done something wrong. Honestly, your descriptions of me and Hikarusa would probably be better of being switched.

He's the only one responding, and he has the ultimate power. I would argue with anyone who made the decision and wants to argue though.

It is immature. It's behavior I would expect from a 10 year old, or younger.

It might not cause a huge outbreak of disturbance, but what kind of decent website with younger members on it, allows names like "White People Suck", "Stupid Nigger", and "Retarded Faggot"? It's offensive, and completely tactless.

On a side note, I'm glad I got you to admit that. I was hoping you would.

And also, in response to what general spoon said, "I lol'd". There's no reason for me to delete this thread. Revan is butthurt that one of his sources of laughs has been banned forbad behavior. I'm not in the least bit threatened by this, and am more than willing to let Revan prattle on like a fool over someone else's banning. Especially when he's wrong.

So an admin can go to the admin panel, go to Hika's thingy (I'm not really sure how to edit people's thingy in the admin panel, so I can't go all descriptive.), manually edit all profiles to "disallow", and do that, but you can't go to Hika's thingy in the admin panel, and change "Members" to "Banned"

I'm not really going to go ZX on this, but I'm just saying~.

Also Hika Hika hotter than Vika.

Completely incorrect. There's a "permanently suspend" option that moderators have access to.

It's not elementary school behavior, most of it is funny, clever, or in some way charming.

I'm actually seeing a lot more elementary school behaviour in members that aren't Hikarusa, yet they aren't getting repercussions of any kind.

I don't feel like pointing out specific examples because it would take me too long to find but it should be pretty obvious who I'm talking about.

I'm actually seeing a lot more elementary school behaviour in members that aren't Hikarusa, yet they aren't getting repercussions of any kind.

I don't feel like pointing out specific examples because it would take me too long to find but it should be pretty obvious who I'm talking about.

If I had time to personally go through every post on the forum, believe me I would. But it's impossible.

Edit: Also, I'd like to note how absolutely hilarious this is, because I didn't even bring up banning him. It was a universal decision by the moderators. They then suspended him indefinitely, and I noticed today that he hadn't been put into the exiled group yet.

If I had time to personally go through every post on the forum, believe me I would. But it's impossible.

Edit: Also, I'd like to note how absolutely hilarious this is, because I didn't even bring up banning him. It was a universal decision by the moderators. They then suspended him indefinitely, and I noticed today that he hadn't been put into the exiled group yet.

DON'T TRY AND HIDE IT WE ALL KNOW YOU WERE BEHIND IT

DON'T TRY AND HIDE IT WE ALL KNOW YOU WERE BEHIND IT

Right because I've had all the time in the world to scheme the end of Hikarusa's unruly reign over the deepest, darkests reaches of the forest.

It is immature. It's behavior I would expect from a 10 year old, or younger.

It might not cause a huge outbreak of disturbance, but what kind of decent website with younger members on it, allows names like "White People Suck", "Stupid Nigger", and "Retarded Faggot"? It's offensive, and completely tactless.

On a side note, I'm glad I got you to admit that. I was hoping you would.

And also, in response to what general spoon said, "I lol'd". There's no reason for me to delete this thread. Revan is butthurt that one of his sources of laughs has been banned forbad behavior. I'm not in the least bit threatened by this, and am more than willing to let Revan prattle on like a fool over someone else's banning. Especially when he's wrong.

How is it immature? How are the things he does immature? Explain what makes them so immature. Because there are quite a few members who would disagree with you.

Except as I said before, if you did allow him, he'd just revert to Hikarusa pretty soon. Either way, younger members can still appreciate a joke. It's not going to hurt them. And if you really want to dissuade it, a better way to deal with it is just a suspension. It deals with the problem well enough, and he usually won't try anything funny for a little while after that.

Except I've always admitted it, you didn't need me there. Now, most of the times I have gotten warned intentionally, it was in order to show a rule discrepancy or something silly, and it often actually worked. The times where I didn't intend to get warned were often completely ridiculous, like me getting warned for making a light hearted farewell in Red Fox of Fire's Resignation topic, but which you refused to even listen to me about.

And see Jyo, I'm not wrong. I know you'll let me prattle on, but please, for once, actually listen without being practically forced into it. How many times have you steadfastly refused to admit you were wrong? Many. And in several of those times, you eventually admitted you were wrong, but it took unbelievable amounts of pressure to make you do so, and they tended to be utterly humiliating. Have you considered that maybe, just maybe, you could reconsider before it got to that point? Honestly, I don't have the patience, the willingness, or probably even the proper skills to make you surrender like Blacken used to, but hey, at least I tried, right?

Guys, I'm going to save Hika!

I'm going to need an army of roughly 300. Recruiting starts now!

WE CAN DO THIS GUYS.

BAM. I AM HERE WITH MY THONG AND OILED CHEST.

Sounds about right.

Revan's next, kekekeke.

But seriously, the only reason this is targeting me, is because I was gracious enough to bother explaining anything. I took the time to try to give a response, and what do I get for it? All the blame. Seriously, solely because I'm the Root Admin, and I try to handle PR with shit like this, I get criticized the most.

Revan's next, kekekeke.

But seriously, the only reason this is targeting me, is because I was gracious enough to bother explaining anything. I took the time to try to give a response, and what do I get for it? All the blame. Seriously, solely because I'm the Root Admin, and I try to handle PR with shit like this, I get criticized the most.

Don't worry, I have similar ire for everyone else involved, although you do have the power to reverse their decisions, and your track record has not propped you up.

Sounds like marching band.

One person decides to screw it and skip practice so my section leader gets yelled at because he's the section leader ~.

OK BACK TO SAVING HIKA,.

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT CASTLE HE'S BEING HIDDEN IN?!

Sounds like marching band.

One person decides to screw it and skip practice so my section leader gets yelled at because he's the section leader ~.

OK BACK TO SAVING HIKA,.

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT CASTLE HE'S BEING HIDDEN IN?!

Another one.

Don't worry, I have similar ire for everyone else involved, although you do have the power to reverse their decisions, and your track record has not propped you up.

What I said holds true for a lot of past events. I will ALWAYS be seen as the bad guy because it's easier to pin all of the problems of the forum on the head guy in charge. It works that way for a lot of things in life.

@italics: I rarely feel the need to defend my actions. They are what they are.

@bold: While he does appear to agree with the decision in this case, the way he set up the rules it seems to me as if two admins could overrule Jyo if they want to ban someone and he doesn't. Well, once we again have 3 admins total.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=10923

In other words, I'm not certain about this "ultimate power" bit.

And yeah, Jyo, I tried to point out you had nothing to do with the original decision. Ah well. Such is the nature of this board. Sorry that you are the one that ended up trying to explain it, though.

What I said holds true for a lot of past events. I will ALWAYS be seen as the bad guy because it's easier to pin all of the problems of the forum on the head guy in charge. It works that way for a lot of things in life.

It may for some, and it may not for others.

See Jyo, I actually like you. I like most of the members of the staff. I respect most of them. I'm not doing this because I think you, or any of the other people on the staff, are bad guys.

EDIT: Funny you should link to those guidelines Narga, as they seem to indicate Hika shouldn't be banned at all.

Edited by ZXValaRevan

@italics: I rarely feel the need to defend my actions. They are what they are.

@bold: While he does appear to agree with the decision in this case, the way he set up the rules it seems to me as if two admins could overrule Jyo if they want to ban someone and he doesn't. Well, once we again have 3 admins total.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=10923

In other words, I'm not certain about this "ultimate power" bit.

And yeah, Jyo, I tried to point out you had nothing to do with the original decision. Ah well. Such is the nature of this board. Sorry that you are the one that ended up trying to explain it, though.

This is true, I did set it up so the other two admins could overrule me. And while technically I could still trump that with the "But I control the server so..." I would never do that, unless it severely threatened the security of the forum or site.

And yeah, I appreciate that Narga, but it seems that it will always be a futile effort.