So, the art style shift?

I MAKE POLL NOW  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Style shift?

• Terrific! Cain is HOT.
    • Terrible! giev FEDS plz
    • pretty sure they're the same, dude.

Yeah. You know the drill. It's a poll. It was meant to be a poll, but it's too early for me to make it work. I MAEK POLL WORK NOW

I'm fairly sure looking at our five new screenshots that the portraits (/the tiny artwork in the top) are better looking than FEDS's, personally.

Edited by Integrity

If you look at the added art for the Gaiden characters for Shadow Dragon, the art style is pretty much the same.

With the exception of one Mercenary Swordsman I rather liked the Shadow Dragon art, the detailing and design for the cast that got full art was very nice. The portraits trying to mimic that art felt a little flat, but FE really would be good if they added emotive portraits of a kind similar to Ace Attorney games (at least for some of the more main cast in any game).

While the art style is largely the same, I think its also improved from what we've seen so far. Or maybe I'm just happy we're back to sexy anime Marth.

I'm loving the official art. It seems to have been done by the same artist who did the official art of the new characters for Shadow Dragon, which was always nice.

That said, I kinda wish Wada Sachiko would do all the art for Fire Emblem forever.

While the art style is largely the same, I think its also improved from what we've seen so far. Or maybe I'm just happy we're back to sexy anime Marth.

You didn't like Marvel-ized Marth? I ask because, unless I'm mistaken you seem to have "Katua as drawn by Marvel Comics" in your avatar.

You didn't like Marvel-ized Marth? I ask because, unless I'm mistaken you seem to have "Katua as drawn by Marvel Comics" in your avatar.

Mainly for novelty purposes, I think Katua looks cool like that. I wouldn't call the Marth we got Marvel-ised either... just Masamune-ised. I didn't dislike it exactly, but I just didn't want it becoming the norm. I mean, imagine if they made Serlis (Celice for those who don't like the official translation) more masculine? It'd just be wrong.

Edited by Violet

Marth has pants. I am disappoint.

In all seriousness, I've no real complaints with the art style. Most (Not all though) who complain have only really seen anything from FE7 onward. So...eh.

It's a lot better. It's very, very similar, but they seem to have removed or fixed a few nuances I had with the first one.

It's a lot better. It's very, very similar, but they seem to have removed or fixed a few nuances I had with the first one.

Can you please point out the differences? Have any battle sprites been shown?

And what about this Paladin beard?