Fayt Zelpher's Mafia (Signups)

Fayt Zelpher

So, after my experimental game, I've decided to give it another shot. This game will be more traditional - no revival, role/alignment reveals at death, etc.

However, there will be one main difference: A Mafia game in a Mafia game. That's right, the mafioso will be playing a sub-game of mafia via PM (details still being worked out). I'm needing 22 players here, so that means I need all you aspiring mafioso to sign up to play. Here are the roles in this game:

A (1-2)

1 Godfather (Immune to alignment detection)

1 Hooker (Stops any one person from performing any night actions that night)

B (4-6)

2 Vanilla (Regular mafia goon, no special powers.)

1 Lawyer (Can select one mafioso. That person will be looked at as being innocent that phase.)

1 Surgeon (Protects a Mafioso once per night. That person is immune to all kills by the Class A's that night)

1 Stalker (Can track any one person. By morning, the stalker will know both role and alignment (this includes seeing the Godfather and knowing Class A if he chooses to use it on a Mafioso)

C (11-13)

6 Blue (Regular Townie, no powers)

2 Bulletproof (Survives one mafia hit or hit from the Hunter)

1 Normal Cop (Investigates one person to determine town or mafia. Cannot see the difference between class A and class B, and sees the godfather as innocent)

1 Insane Cop (Same as the Cop, but he always sees the WRONG alignment. He/She will see the Godfather as guilty. Neither cop will know which one they are)

1 Bomb (If killed at night, will blow up and take his killer to the grave with him.)

1 Hunter (If lynched, can shoot someone on the way out. A bulletproof who has been not been hit will survive. Upon lynching, he or she will make a kill choice via PM)

1 Doctor (Protects from class A and B kills)

1 Nurse (If the doctor is dead, assumes the doctor's role and power)

1 Jailer (Each night, takes one person to jail. That person cannot perform any night actions that night. If he selects the last class A mafia [that is, one of the two is already dead], the Class A kill will NOT go through)

Note that I will probably change this slightly so that the Mafia doesn't get ratted out by a mass claim. So, I'll probably change a couple of roles and exclude a couple of roles and stuff like that to help prevent a mass claim early on. (That means that I've added possible roles and such. The actual setup has been determined at this point, but will not be revealed.)

And the Rules:

All general rules apply.

PM'ing will be allowed. However, be aware that there is a chance that I will reveal your PM to the public. I intend to do this randomly with a 10% probability. Therefore, be wary of revealing too much information in PM.

Role claiming IS allowed. However, because the Mafioso roles are aligned with certain classes, the Mafia may want to hide who they are in the PM.

You MAY vote for yourself. Obviously, this will only matter for the Hunter lynch.

For obvious reasons, the Mafia may elect to kill one of their own. Class A mafia will never kill their own though.

Any questions may be asked and will be answered to the best of my ability - Signups are open, but I do not intend for this game to begin until June 7, 2010 at 3:00 CDT (8:00 GMT).

Currently signed up:

Hikarusa

I Eat Tables

Raymond

Dracohon

Ulki

Bizz

Ether

Core

General Spoon

Ninji

Lightning

BK-201

Crysta

Snike

WoMC

Sync

The Dragonslayer

I've got 17 players signed up at the moment (Unvalidated people have been removed now). However, until 19 people have signed up, this game has been indefinitely suspended until that quota has been reached.

Can I get some help here?

Also, I've decided on a theme, which will remain a surprise for the time being. Oh, and I think I'm going to run this on a Proboard acount simply for the logistics aspect - having separate boards for each class of mafia seems easier than multiple PM's and all that stuff.

Edited by Fayt Zelpher

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right until I got to the last line, I was about to say using a PB might be better.

Anyway, I'm confirming I still want to play. If you run this on PB, Hikarusa might still be happy to play as well.

I'm confirming.

And if you're going to have it on a separate board, then Hikarusa will be able to play.

I don't personally care if he's playing. However, I can't contact him and letting someone else who's playing contact him would defeat the integrity of the game.

However, I think that Soul can get hold of him, so I suppose that shouldn't be that much of an issue.

(1:07:10 PM) Travis: um

(1:07:20 PM) Travis: do you want to confirm that you're playing in Fayt's mafia game?

(1:07:25 PM) Travis: its going to be on another board

(1:07:36 PM) Travis: so your banning won't be an issue

(1:26:36 PM) Hikarusa: sure

(1:26:41 PM) Travis: k

Okay, that works for me. I'm still getting set up and everything though. Besides, I don't even plan to start the game until Monday afternoon, so that will give some time for Balcerzak and Tables' games to make some more progress.

Okay, that works for me. I'm still getting set up and everything though. Besides, I don't even plan to start the game until Monday afternoon, so that will give some time for Balcerzak and Tables' games to make some more progress.

Try and keep it at a max of 2 games at once - ergo, a little longer than that even if you really must start early. Thanks.

Try and keep it at a max of 2 games at once - ergo, a little longer than that even if you really must start early. Thanks.

Well, I'll see how much progress the two games are making and I'll try not to start before at least one of them (probably yours, since it started later) is winding down (as in, it's pretty certain that one side has already won).

Oh, and your login names are going to be famous scientists, engineers, and inventors. If you have one that you particularly want to be, PM me and I'll do what I can to make that your name.

So, I want to get your opinions on something?

What do you say to the idea of random effects happening throughout the game?

Partly for flavor, and partly for fun, you guys are going to travel to different worlds throughout the game. So I was thinking that each of you would have certain power-ups or restrictions in each world that you visit. One world might silence certain people, while another might give a subset of people immunity from night actions, and a different world might randomize night action targets for some people.

Anyway, none of this is completely set in stone, but I had an idea and I wanted to through it out there for you guys...

Updated with poll regarding the discussion. Please also provide reasons why or why not.

But in any case, I'll give a little more detail as to what I'm thinking:

Each of you will have one or more power alignments (well, I think that one person will have none actually, but that's beside the point) that they will be told of at the start of the game. Each world will cause some alignments to get a minor power boost (perhaps the vigilante won't use a bullet for that attack, or the detective can search two people, while a framer of that color will be able to frame and lawyer in one night). Other alignments will get a hindering effect, such as being silenced or having to go without a night action. So, yeah, that's what I'm thinking.

I think it'll just interfere with what this game is supposed to be about; a mafia game within a mafia game. That's my reasoning for saying no.

That's a fair point. I did end up trying to do too many things last game, and I think it hurt the game as a whole. Maybe next game I'll do something like that then, since that could lead to situations where the game falls apart too quickly.

But outside of the context of this particular game, would you consent to see this in a different game with a more standard set up otherwise?

Oh, and if anyone knows who they want to have as their username, feel free to PM me. First come, first serve, and remember that all names should be a famous (or at least well known) scientist, engineer, inventor, or mathematician.

As in, if anyone wants to be Gauss, or Einstein, or something like that, you're free to PM me to ask for it.