World Cup 2010

burning_phoneix

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the World Cup?

• Spain
    • Brazil
    • Netherlands
    • Argentina
    • France
    • Germany
    • England
    • Uruguay
    • Italy
    • Portugal
    • Other (Please mention in post)

Argentina

Based on performance, Argentina is quite impressive. They have won all their matches as of yet, with an explosive offense that knows how to score goals.

10 GF

2 GA

+8

Holland

Also undefeated(I think I read Holland has won its last 12 international games), Holland is rather well rounded. They have a good defense. Their offense isn't as flashy as some of the other teams, but they get the goals.

7 GF

2 GA

+5

Spain

Having and oppressive offense coupled with a tight defense is scary, especially when the team keeps possession of the ball so well.

5 GF

2 GA

+3

Germany

Another explosive offense. Germany can work the ball well on their quick offensive runs.

9 GF

2 GA

+7

Uruguay

Something of a surprise to me, but Uruguay has shown that they can compete and be dangerous.

6 GF

1 GA

+5

Ghana

A young team, but a good one at that. As they showed in the USA game, they can keep their heads and play a smart game keeping possession.

4 GF

3 GA

+1

Paraguay

Another surprise team. Its unfortunate that they have Spain to stand up to next.

3 GF

1 GA

+2

Brazil

Oh Brazil, they never cease to impress, but are they impressive enough? I was expecting much more from their offense. They play a smart game of possession, and can make dangerous situations, but they haven't taken full advantage of that I don't think.

8 GF

2 GA

+6

/discuss

Edited by Core

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Germany lost to fucking Serbia, ffs.

Although Serbia is better than Portugal.

And didn't the ref fuck up?

I still think you guys overrate Spain, a country that never won the cup and is doing rather average compared to the remaining countries. How is that even a favorite?

Although Serbia is better than Portugal.

I wonder.

And didn't the ref fuck up?

And Brazil had no game makers against Portugal, in a game where both teams were fine with a draw.

That draw is pretty much the worst argument one could ever use, really.

I still think you guys overrate Spain, a country that never won the cup and is doing rather average compared to the remaining countries. How is that even a favorite?

I guess it's because on paper, this Spanish side is amazing as hell. They've got players like Xavi, Iniesta, Villa, Torres... It really does seem like a good side. That, and they won Euro 2008, I guess :/

Spain is always the favorite, and never goes anywhere.

I'm still scratching my head over this myself. I have nothing against Spain, but these guys are just pretty average over all.

That draw is pretty much the worst argument one could ever use, really.

2-1 against North Korea?

Can the TC change the title from Were France aren't that good to Were France isn't that good.

Its stupid but its been bothering me for days

I know the TC is from the middle east so its not his fault

Can the TC change the title from Were France aren't that good to Were France isn't that good.

Ain't the grammar that's the problem, it's the understatement. A quite prophetic understatement, but an understatement nonetheless.

Are you sure there's nothing wrong with your grammer as well. :unsure:

Anyway, what's meant is the France squad, not the nation of France.

Besides, I modeled it after this thread from the British website "The Dugout" :awesome:

http://thedugout.tv/community/showthread.php?t=59966&highlight=World+Football

So it's British people whose grammar is incorrect.

I'm still scratching my head over this myself. I have nothing against Spain, but these guys are just pretty average over all.

Xavi is the best passer of the ball that ever existed! :facepalm:

Edited by burning_phoneix

My prediction of a Netherlands World cup victory is coming closer to fruition. :hat:

Though how Van Bommel got away with no cards in that game is beyond me.

Edited by burning_phoneix

Though how Van Bommel got away with no cards in that game is beyond me.

TBH the ref was pretty irritating. He was way too afraid of making mistakes and his delay was obnoxious.

Felipe Melo lost the game on his own:

Scored against Brazil and his red card left the team on an big disadvantage.

Also:

from looking at some players on the team: Grafite, Kleberson, Felipe Melo, Josué. I seriously doubt we'll reach semi-finals.

You people sometimes overrate Brazil so damn much.

Scored against Brazil and his red card left the team on an big disadvantage.

Also:

TBH even if he didn't touch the ball in the first goal, it would get in. And the red card was bound to happen sooner or later. But on the bright side, he did that awesome pass to Robinho.

And 3 of the three guys you mentioned were in the bench. One not even played. The other two that did play were pretty well, all things considered.

Edited by Momotaro

You people sometimes overrate Brazil so damn much.

That's the real world. I wanted Brazil to win the cup too but you must realize that the players were poorly chosen and that Dunga is another Parreira (Parreira almost lost 1994, we won because there were really good players back then)

EDIT:

And 3 of the three guys you mentioned were in the bench. One not even played.

Even Dunga knows they are bad players

Edited by Viyut

That's the real world. I wanted Brazil to win the cup too but you must realize that the players were poorly chosen and that Dunga is another Parreira (Parreira almost lost 1994, we won because there were really good players back then)

Even Dunga knows they are bad players

IMO Parreira was worse than Dunga. Dunno why but they managed to lose to an inferior team in 2006, with a team that is better than this one.

Dunga's big fuck up was not calling Ronaldinho.