why is sothe forced for the endgame.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I told you, personality isn't irrelevant. Female!Sothe is very hard to imagine, especially fanart of her, I mean, we don't even get much fanart of Heather, and her personality is pretty awesome.

The entirety of her personality is 'lol i'm a lesbian i like gurls'.

The entirety of her personality is 'lol i'm a lesbian i like gurls'.

I actually expected that. But no, I'm not even into yuri, she's just awesome. 8]

I actually expected that. But no, I'm not even into yuri, she's just awesome. 8]

Debatable. She's just a bubbly thief with an affinity for womenz. But to each their own. I mean, I like Tanis Half Elven from Dragon Lance, so, there goes my validity.

Sothe being forced is annoying. But you dont have to deploy him. I know the point is "Well you should be able to pick someone you want and not have the slot taken up by his belly showing ass!" but yeah, i just dont deploy him because he does nothing. I used Heather in my last playthrough and she did a hell of a lot more than Sothe usually does. His part 1 is really great. His part 3 is meh but he can be useful. Sure he no longer tanks but he does alright considering. Part 4? no way. Lose. Hell, anyone with a chest key can get that Matrona staff anyway. Screw it.

As for Sothe's appearance, hes alright looking and i dont really have an issue with the belly shirt. Sure it looks a little silly but ehh.

Heather is a lesbian but she is also a big flirt, funny, outspoken, and very sexist against men.

I would have liked if they had polished personalities a bit more, I think she would of been more interesting of a character.

Sothe being forced is annoying. But you dont have to deploy him. I know the point is "Well you should be able to pick someone you want and not have the slot taken up by his belly showing ass!" but yeah, i just dont deploy him because he does nothing. I used Heather in my last playthrough and she did a hell of a lot more than Sothe usually does. His part 1 is really great. His part 3 is meh but he can be useful. Sure he no longer tanks but he does alright considering. Part 4? no way. Lose. Hell, anyone with a chest key can get that Matrona staff anyway. Screw it.

As for Sothe's appearance, hes alright looking and i dont really have an issue with the belly shirt. Sure it looks a little silly but ehh.

I guess its ok if you can't deploy him, but it would be nice to have the option to pick someone else other than him.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

Tanis was a little too angsty about half-elfness for my tastes. He was fine once he got over that.

Well, in his defense, he had good reasons for it. He was shunned by elves, and humans gave no damn either, and he really didn't get any advantages from either side of the blood IIRC. Angst is angst I guess, but I digress.

That is a pretty similiar way I would've defined it, RedFox. Where do you commonly here those sayings about him being terrible?

If sothe was a female, i might find hi... HER attractive, yes, however, I'm shallow in this department. Belly showing is fine, but she'd need some breasts to be really attractive to me since her face isn't exactly the prettiest I must say.

Naturally the appearance would change. I don't expect you to look at the current Sothe and say "that's a girl."

That is a pretty similiar way I would've defined it, RedFox. Where do you commonly here those sayings about him being terrible?

Have you been reading this topic? Have you been apart of the general fanbase? Sothe hatred (including calling him a terrible character) is almost as abundant as Lilina hyping.

it's really pointless that Sothe, Sanaki, Ena and Kurth are forced into endgame but you're not forced to use them. why bother forcing them in in the first place? it would've been much better if we could choose up to 4 characters to replace them. how many people would actually take them to endgame if they weren't forced? I wouldn't take any of them if given the choice

it's really pointless that Sothe, Sanaki, Ena and Kurth are forced into endgame but you're not forced to use them. why bother forcing them in in the first place? it would've been much better if we could choose up to 4 characters to replace them. how many people would actually take them to endgame if they weren't forced? I wouldn't take any of them if given the choice

that's the point of making them forced, otherwise you wouldn't take them.

I think it would be more weird if they'd make a royal Laguz forced~

Have you been reading this topic? Have you been apart of the general fanbase? Sothe hatred (including calling him a terrible character) is almost as abundant as Lilina hyping.

I've seen the way Interceptor, NinjaMonkey and King Soren bash him, but that's because they dislike him...I feel that saying the hate towards him is almost as abundant as Lilina's hype is just too exagerated. If the general fanbase is consisted by GFAQs and Gamespot members then you shouldn't even consider them, they underrate and bash just about any earlygame prepromote that has a mediocre endgame.

So yeah, the fact that he is a Jeigan (Or Ofaiye, not too sure on this one) influences alot.

Well, his endgame isn't even mediocre. Even FE7 Marcus can be useful into lategame with a speedwing, and Titania and Seth are consistently amazing. Sothe is in danger of being beaten out for slots by Kurth and Sanaki. And seriously, he couldn't have picked a worse game to be a Jeigan in. He's only around for three chapters before Volug appears and stomps them, then you get Tauroneo and Zihark, then the LEA, then Nailah and the Black Knight.

I think there would be a lot less animosity if he wasn't forced into Endgame. People are just annoyed by having to put up with him in five maps where he's almost completely unusable, even if you trained him.

Ofaiye, Speedwings!FE7!Marcus, Seth and both versions of Titania all have better endgames.

If you are considering fe10 Titania to be a Jeigan, then let me say "worst Jeigan ever". I mean, she's not bad. After all, I agree with her spot on the tier list. But I'm calling her worst because she's not actually all that good in her first two chapters and just gets better over time. That's not very Jeigan-like. Also worst Oifaye ever, if that's what you want to call fe10 Titania.

Ofaiye, Speedwings!FE7!Marcus, Seth and both versions of Titania all have better endgames.

That was my point, that in comparison to other Jeigans, he sucks waaaaaaaay worse in lategame. Perhaps it wasn't clear...

I think even FE6 Marcus might be better in lategame.

If you are considering fe10 Titania to be a Jeigan, then let me say "worst Jeigan ever". I mean, she's not bad. After all, I agree with her spot on the tier list. But I'm calling her worst because she's not actually all that good in her first two chapters and just gets better over time. That's not very Jeigan-like. Also worst Oifaye ever, if that's what you want to call fe10 Titania.

maybye they were reffering to FE9 titania? i would put her under that category

That was my point, that in comparison to other Jeigans, he sucks waaaaaaaay worse in lategame. Perhaps it wasn't clear...

I think even FE6 Marcus might be better in lategame.

If you give Sothe BEXP at the right times and some of the best skills he can still reliably kill in endgame. same with Marcus, you need to give him something to be really useful.

maybye they were reffering to FE9 titania? i would put her under that category

It said "both versions" and was in a sentence about Jeigans/Oifayes. Not much room for doubt.

If you give Sothe BEXP at the right times and some of the best skills he can still reliably kill in endgame. same with Marcus, you need to give him something to be really useful.

He's still not doing better than the Royals, Ena, Kurth, Elincia, Nephenee, Shinon, Rolf, Boyd, Nolan, Mia, Edward, Zihark, Stefan, Lucia, Volke... etc... in Endgame. Thus making him obsoletified. Not to mention that many of the characters of what I just listed can do just fine without any added skills, unlike Sothe.

Is he awful? No. Can he function? Yes, I mean he does have the possibility of a 2HKO on occasion. But so can many other people. More reliably.

But I digress, you shouldn't pay attention to this post, SlaveBlade is generally off his rocker and faps to Growth characters.

Is he awful? No. Can he function? Yes, I mean he does have the possibility of a 2HKO on occasion. But so can many other people. More reliably.

true, but since he's forced most of the time I use him. also, he's a thief, I'm addicted to thieves and their promotions~