why is sothe forced for the endgame.

If you maintain the auto-A support to the finale, their ending has has a hot lesbian relationship suggested via innuendo.

I think that this version of the game would be superior.

...Can't it stay as friendship or something like that? Micaiah isn't bu or lesbian so......

Still, that would be far more bearable. And she'l meet up with Ilyana sooner too.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, obviously if someone thinks that Heather is better than Sothe overall, they are misinformed or need their head examined. But Sothe's victory is environmental, not because he's inherently a better character.

Suppose that in PoR, Ike kicked the stowaway Sothe off the boat and left him in port; he DID have Volke, after all. Sothe grows up on the streets, accidentally kills Heather's sick mother in a botched burglary, and eventually befriends a couple of farmers in the sticks. Heather, untethered, leaves Crimea to find fame and fortune in Daein, hoping to take advantage of the chaos. She meets a distraught Micaiah, and is immediately attracted to her: they grow close, and form the Dawn Brigade with some other street urchins and Nolan.

Now 20/7 Heather is the Jeigan in Part 1, and 20/1 Sothe shows up in 2-1 with Nephenee and Brom. Heather is undeniably the better Rogue in this scenario. If you maintain the auto-A support to the finale, their ending has has a hot lesbian relationship suggested via innuendo.

I'd rather have Sothe's 3 more strength and 4 more defense and faster levelling speed and better distributed growths, personally. Even if I need to see Sothe's ugly mug more often, it's a price I'm willing to pay.

Edited by Anouleth

I'd rather have concrete durability over avoid-based durability, and Sothe is still fast enough to double reliably throughout in Part 1 (he's iffy against some 1-E Myrms and enemies in Part 3, but I don't really care by that point).

I'd rather have Sothe's 3 more strength and 4 more defense and faster levelling speed and better distributed growths, personally. Even if I need to see Sothe's ugly mug more often, it's a price I'm willing to pay.

I can respect that. Of course, my Jeigan wouldn't need the overkill concrete durability in earlygame, would still get the same EXP for Steals, and would still be doubling past chapter 1-8, as well as being more effective in Part 3.

I can respect that. Of course, my Jeigan wouldn't need the overkill concrete durability in earlygame, would still get the same EXP for Steals, and would still be doubling past chapter 1-8, as well as being more effective in Part 3.

It's kind of subjective. Personally, I'm not very interested in additional offense for a Jeigan in a Part where every enemy is going to 2HKO her. My Jeigan would have the kind of concrete durability that allows him to avoid 2HKOes and 3HKOes in 1-5.

heather will be higher level by the end of part 3, so bases dont really matter, but if you prefer concrete durability sothe is better, but i doubt your a fan of the entire class if you prefer it.

So I'm an idiot because I like to use Fiona and Astrid? Your sentence makes no sense. It's not dumb if the player knowingly uses a bad unit. It just means they feel like using that unit.

Goddamn it, people. Stop going off on such retarded tangents from what I was originally saying. See Soul, this is what I was saying about people saying he sucks. Pointing out a small logic issue regarding Bane's activation results in a bunch of posts trying to talk about how bad Sothe is. Sure, this is for part 4, where he really isn't good anymore, but was all this really necessary?

I agree, but i really find units like Fiona and Astrid to be more useful than Sothe, even in Endgame. oh well.

I agree, but i really find units like Fiona and Astrid to be more useful than Sothe, even in Endgame. oh well.

I alot of people would take a trained fiona or astrid assuming they're 20/20/20 over a 20/20/20 sothe. since they can canto,Fiona is Earth aff and astrid can use double bow, mightiest weapon in game. speaking of double bow, does anyone else think that Urvan should be mightiest? Double bow at 1 less might and still has Str bonus but Urvan at 25 might? it sounds good to me since Axes are the mightiest.

Yes, obviously if someone thinks that Heather is better than Sothe overall, they are misinformed or need their head examined. But Sothe's victory is environmental, not because he's inherently a better character.

Suppose that in PoR, Ike kicked the stowaway Sothe off the boat and left him in port; he DID have Volke, after all. Sothe grows up on the streets, accidentally kills Heather's sick mother in a botched burglary, and eventually befriends a couple of farmers in the sticks. Heather, untethered, leaves Crimea to find fame and fortune in Daein, hoping to take advantage of the chaos. She meets a distraught Micaiah, and is immediately attracted to her: they grow close, and form the Dawn Brigade with some other street urchins and Nolan.

Now 20/7 Heather is the Jeigan in Part 1, and 20/1 Sothe shows up in 2-1 with Nephenee and Brom. Heather is undeniably the better Rogue in this scenario. If you maintain the auto-A support to the finale, their ending has has a hot lesbian relationship suggested via innuendo.

Parts of that I'd like more. But Heather should be unleveled to 20/1 and sothe auto-leveled to 20/7. At which point Heather is still a touch faster than the original sothe but unfortunately she lost 1 or 2 str and around 1 def. They'd probably need to rework her growths and bases a bit, actually. But the 1-2 Heather would certainly be better than the 2-P sothe.

Oh, and +3 mt, +8 hit, +8 avo rather than +2 mt, +8 hit, +15 avo. Trading 1 mt for 7 avo. I'm not sure which one is better, though I suppose Heather probably has more than enough spd/lck advantage to make up for the lost 7 avo and Micaiah doesn't really need it anyway.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Parts of that I'd like more. But Heather should be unleveled to 20/1 and sothe auto-leveled to 20/7. At which point Heather is still a touch faster than the original sothe but unfortunately she lost 1 or 2 str and around 1 def. They'd probably need to rework her growths and bases a bit, actually. But the 1-2 Heather would certainly be better than the 2-P sothe.

And then people would be complaining that Heather sucks in the endgame (so what's the point of doing this?).

Her growths would stay the same. The reason why they mostly complain (HM) is because Sothe will have difficulty doubling and less Res, whereas, Heather won't.

And then people would be complaining that Heather sucks in the endgame (so what's the point of doing this?).

Her growths would stay the same. The reason why they mostly complain (HM) is because Sothe will have difficulty doubling and less Res, whereas, Heather won't.

Basically. I think her growths could be altered a touch, but definitely keep the massive spd growth. Anyway, given the DB's lack of availability the new Heather would perhaps still have problems getting levels, but she'd still have a pretty easy time of hitting 30+ spd for endgame. And hence, people wouldn't be complaining as much about Heather in endgame. Now, sure, Heather would likely still be worse than many of your other options, but at least she wouldn't be the worst example of her class in 4-E.

Following Interceptor's alternate story, Sothe could've hooked up with Astrid, a good reason why he would appear in Crimea during 2-P.

Anyway, if Heather does need a slight boost in her growths, it'd have to on her Str, that's all she really need since they pretty screwed her with her bases.

Following Interceptor's alternate story, Sothe could've hooked up with Astrid, a good reason why he would appear in Crimea during 2-P.

that was kinda random...why not marcia since astrid is wit mak? or...he hooks up with callil who cheats on largo, largo gets mad at callil but she kills him, thus his abscence from this game.

i think its funny that everyone is talking about how the alternative heather should be...someone send this to IS lol

Anyway, if Heather does need a slight boost in her growths, it'd have to on her Str, that's all she really need since they pretty screwed her with her bases.

That isn't going to do much, considering she's still using lolknives.

Because everybody hates that pairing on account of the fact Mak has no right to tap that.

It's a good reason why I didn't even bother considering Makalov, it's almost a crack pairing.

Says the guy playing on loleasy. She's getting to 1RKO with Kard up to NM.

Edited by Soul

Says the guy playing on loleasy. She's getting to 1RKO with Kard up to NM.

So she's gonna 1RKO those Generals in 4E1 is she? And the Red Dragons in 4E3 (since we are supposed to be talking about Endgame here)?

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Who the hell does that anyway? Not even TBs can unless they get lucky. That criteria is pretty dumb, considering someone as "bad" because they can't 1RKO the toughest enemies. It's tested on how well they do overall.

Who the hell does that anyway? Not even TBs can unless they get lucky. That criteria is pretty dumb, considering someone as "bad" because they can't 1RKO the toughest enemies. It's tested on how well they do overall.

It's more like they don't do ANY (noticeable) damage with a Kard...

But if you give her the bases and growths to allow her to reach, say, 26 str at a reasonable level, and maintain the A level support that Interceptor suggested (remember, it's the imaginary Heather we were talking about) then that's 47 mt with the baselard. 4HKOs on generals aren't spectacular, but that's still a 2 round like nearly everyone else. Unfortunately, she'd still be screwed over by the whole skill/2 thing for a mastery that will never kill on its own. I mean, I don't know what they were thinking with that one. If the only way to kill with Bane is to activate on the first swing and KO on the second, then with 38 being the highest their skill goes that's still a really low kill rate. Everyone else (that doubles) can shoot well over 50% quite easily. Bane would be much better (though still among the worst masteries) if it was skill%.

edit: oh, and of course knives are still great in part 1. sotheheather and Ilyana are the only two units in part 1 with forgeable 1-2 range.

Edited by Narga_Rocks