20th Anniversary Fire Emblem artbook

VincentASM

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting that artbook no matter what! FE NEEDED something like this so badly; considering how much emphasis they put on the artwork.

I hope there's a ton of PoR?RD illustrations. *melts*

Know this sounds kinda silly/stupid to ask; but is it completely out for now (and ever) or... is it going to come back and be sold in regular bookstores/online?

I just got this book from eBay and it is way better than I expected.

Tons of artworks (some were never revealed before) on every page.

And yes, it's got all the characters from PoR and RD, maybe with only a few NPCs artwork left out.

It is fun to see how the characters's outfits changed from PoR to RD.

Edited by Sangoking

Tons of artworks (some were never revealed before) on every page.

Can you give me a brief list of these artworks?

I haven't seen the entire book yet, but I haven't seen any new pieces of art besides the concept art for Ike, Elincia and two other characters that I've forgotten. I am interested in seeing the possible higher resolution versions of existing artworks that are otherwise only available in small resolutions, such as the FE8 and FE10 artwork.

Anybody willing to link to one that's being sold? I've only found one on ebay that's currently going for 30 bucks.

Can you be specific about what artwork PoR/RD has? Do minor characters get any extra artworks we haven't seen?

Dagnabit! WANT.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually managed to get a copy.

Very nice. They actually have nearly all of Sacred Stones' character artworks as well, although the style pales in comparison to the other GBA titles IMO.

If you can get it at its retail price, it's very worth it.

p.s. Nothing on Hasha no Ken though.

No idea. As soon as Amazon's stock was gone, I placed an order via a local bookstore, and it arrived two weeks later as promised.

One major problem with the character arts in this game is that due to amount they packed into such a small book, many of them overlap with each other. They are minor, but still pretty annoying.

And the collected artworks from the now defunct trading cards were the worst, when it comes to seriously tiny resizing.

Ah, thanks! If I'm reading Amazon correctly, it looks like they've got some used copies.

EDIT: Dumb question no. 2. . .but do I need to create a separate account to order off of Japan's Amazon site?

Edited by eclipse

Thanks!

It looks like they won't ship this internationally, as it seems to fall under games (which is not shipped internationally). I'll see if I can find somewhere in Japan to drop the order off.

Thanks!

It looks like they won't ship this internationally, as it seems to fall under games (which is not shipped internationally). I'll see if I can find somewhere in Japan to drop the order off.

Must be the marketplace restriction, since it's all book and no CDs or whatever like the Elibe/Ereb's material book was.

Wait, so the book has very little original artwork, or a lot? I mean, if it's just the same official art, I can just fucking print them all and make my own book. I need to know how much new material is in there before I decide on buying.

Most of it yes, probably 95% is the art you've seen before, but the presentation is stellar. (Plus there's a few random bits of concept art that gets shown, such as Ike/Mist/Soren/Elincia's clothes and the different layers, and a few CG's. There's also an interview in the back of the book. :>

As you can tell, I managed to get a copy of the book on Ebay; I think I'm in love. XD

Wish I could read japanese though, there's so much text on each of the characters! ;D

Edited by Shadowknight

Indeed. It's easily one of the best artbooks so far made for this series.

If you are hellbent on printing, you can always wait for some kind soul with a scanner to scan the whole book and print your own copy anyway; new artworks or otherwise lol

If that's the case: I know some shopping services that will buy stuff for you that isn't available overseas. They take some comission fees though, it's probably something around 10%. Shipping is terribly expensive, though.

I will definitely get this when I have some money left, but currently I'm broke. Bleh.

Indeed. It's easily one of the best artbooks so far made for this series.

If you are hellbent on printing, you can always wait for some kind soul with a scanner to scan the whole book and print your own copy anyway; new artworks or otherwise lol

No, what I meant by printing is taking the official art already online and printing it. Since you guys said it's pretty good, I would consider getting it, but how about a few sample pages for us to see? It would make it easier for me to decide on my purchase. Oh and what version of the FE4 art do they use? I don't think there is official art for the second generation.